West Coast

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts
  • Fan Since:June 2012
  • Time Online: 335d 11h 36m 41s

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:31 AM

I can't believe it. We were fooled all this time. THIS SHOW KEEPS ON GETTING BETTER UGGGGHHHHHH

lol i thought the opposite tbh, in my eyes this shit doesn’t even make sense
it’s a great twist, don’t get me wrong, but like ?????? what???
  • HANGINGFROOT likes this

CG3okZt.gif 9IjQtqQ.gif 4xjQC84.gif

#102 ONLINE   annedauphine

annedauphine

Lady Gagging

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,325 posts
  • LocationPARIS YO
  • Fan Since:December 2014
  • Time Online: 304d 4h 50m 50s

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:33 AM

NO SPOILERS PLEASE OMG I HAVEN'T WATCHED YET

yqnfj.png

#103 ONLINE   annedauphine

annedauphine

Lady Gagging

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,325 posts
  • LocationPARIS YO

Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:02 AM

OH MY FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!! AAAAAAAAH!!!!!!! OH MY GOOOOOOOOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD I'VE NEVER BEEN THIS NOT READY FOR ANYTHING EVER AAAAAAAAH BEST SHOW EVER AAAAAH OH MY GOD

I've watch DOZENS of hours of theory videos and NONE of them got it right I'm crying like a newborn rn. I love this SM. This is exactly the kind of content I've been craving for a while, who gives a shit about city episodes, the gem lore is one of my favourite alternate universes and learning about it drives me insane and I'm so fucking here for this turnout aaaaaaaaaah it's 3am and I'm having a huge emotional breakdown because of a """children""" show

• HANGINGFROOT likes this

yqnfj.png

#104 OFFLINE   West Coast

West Coast

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:20 AM

alright, so here's my whole take

Spoiler

i have like 900000 more things to say i'm sure but my scatterbrains self cant think of anything so! look out for another one of these probs

#105 OFFLINE   white gold

white gold

pretty baby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Time Online: 59d 33m 16s

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:23 AM

can someone give me a tldr on wtf happened. im familiar with the premise of the series but didn't even know there was a thread for it on LB until yall freaked out over whatever happened tonight 

#106 OFFLINE   West Coast

West Coast

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:32 AM

can someone give me a tldr on wtf happened. im familiar with the premise of the series but didn't even know there was a thread for it on LB until yall freaked out over whatever happened tonight 

in short

Spoiler

• white gold likes this

#107 OFFLINE   Electras Heart

Electras Heart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 93d 20h 54m 8s

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:11 AM

Okay, but the animation for Can't Go Back and Lapis' song were wonderful! Shame it got outshined.

I also appreciate some of the development she got, but they sill stayed true to the idea that she has a form of PTSD (and likely other mental illnesses such as depression) , it felt much more realistic than her just getting over her fear and trauma.  However, I do wonder how they're going to reintroduce her back into the plot.

As for A Single Pale Rose.... phew! I've read and watched theories before surrounding that idea, although I was never really for or against it since it did have PLENTY of foreshadowing and evidence. But, I was still a little surprised to say the least. There are things I like and dislike about it though, trying to avoid details for spoiler reasons, but I feel so much was lost, it's just odd due to the whole build up and development to it from certain characters like Steven. Although, then again, it's likely more development can be attributed from this.

#108 OFFLINE   beautifulandbad

beautifulandbad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Fan Since:2015
  • Time Online: 14d 13h 6m 4s

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:44 AM

Really loved the episodes, but I'm honestly really confused.

Spoiler
I hope they explain more of what happened in future episodes and not have the next five episodes just be Steven dicking around in Beach City.

giphy.gif

#109 OFFLINE   Creyk

Creyk

Lana is better than you fav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Time Online: 76d 14h 43m 1s

Posted 09 May 2018 - 05:55 AM

Spoiler

i have like 900000 more things to say i'm sure but my scatterbrains self cant think of anything so! look out for another one of these probs

She rebelled as a different gem because if she  did the things she did in the form of a diamond it would have caused problems with her people.

There is no reason for randoms to find out her double life, Diamonds are the ultimate leaders, it's not like a gem can just casually pop in and try to see them. It was also said that back when they were fighting in the rebellion Pearl was very fierce was about protecting Rose. That was because if she was poofed the cut of her gem would have been exposed and the truth would have got out.

A diamond has stronger abilities than everyday gems so they are better at shapeshifting too. BUT in the case of the 5500 year change, that was simply being reformed. And any gem can do that, get poofed and come back in a different form. What they can't do is come back in a form bigger than their usual size. But they can come back in a form smaller than their usual size because it takes less energy to maintain that form so it doesn't put  a strain on them.

She can move her gem around because diamonds are capable of far more things than everyday gems.

She is shown as 9 different sizes because the people drawing the cartoon lowkey SUCK, and draw the characters off model, this is the most spectacular in the change of Peridot's portrayal over time.

Jasper will probably become a very loyal servant to Steven after she gets healed from corruption.

Spoiler
I hope they explain more of what happened in future episodes and not have the next five episodes just be Steven dicking around in Beach City.

Pink was her original form.

The promo for next episode makes it obvious that they will deal with the consequences of this revelation and it will not be a random townie episode.

#110 ONLINE   annedauphine

annedauphine

Lady Gagging

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,325 posts
  • LocationPARIS YO

Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:52 PM

Anyone else gonna rewtach the whole series with this new perspective lol

yqnfj.png

#111 OFFLINE   HANGINGFROOT

HANGINGFROOT

galactic prince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 799 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Fan Since:the 19th century
  • Time Online: 26d 9h 32m 11s

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:32 PM

Spoiler

the answer to all yours questions: she's a goddam diamond, ruler of the universe

Spoiler

most likely the other way around. Imagine what would have happened if the diamonds had seen one of them appear out of nowhere lol

i knowwwwww right

QM3x4Eq.jpg

#112 OFFLINE   Saturn Princess

Saturn Princess

NO BREAKS!!! NO FUCKIN BREAKS!!!

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Time Online: 64d 19h 47m 31s

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:49 PM

Finally binged all of season five and.... oh wow... I was NOT expecting this. 

animation1.gif

#113 ONLINE   annedauphine

annedauphine

Lady Gagging

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,325 posts
  • LocationPARIS YO

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:00 PM

Guys what's your favourite fusion? Me, apart from Garnet, it's definitely Opal :) She's so powerful and talentful and she requires so much balance to be born, I love her

yqnfj.png

#114 OFFLINE   HANGINGFROOT

HANGINGFROOT

galactic prince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 799 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Fan Since:the 19th century
  • Time Online: 26d 9h 32m 11s

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:10 PM

Guys what's your favourite fusion? Me, apart from Garnet, it's definitely Opal :) She's so powerful and talentful and she requires so much balance to be born, I love her

S to the AR to the DO to the NYX

• West Coast likes this

QM3x4Eq.jpg

#115 OFFLINE   Creyk

Creyk

Lana is better than you fav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Time Online: 76d 14h 43m 1s

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:53 AM

I did that with a couple episodes lately.

Everything is seen in a different light.

#116 ONLINE   annedauphine

annedauphine

Lady Gagging

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,325 posts
  • LocationPARIS YO

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:24 PM

S to the AR to the DO to the NYX

Lol I can't think of Sardonyx without this song playing in my head, the way she says hello everybody is so her

yqnfj.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users