YUNGATA

Lana related memories/experiences

is it just me who's sad enough to go crazy whenever someoen says a Lana lyric or song title?

I'm kind of more

30bjt6g.jpg

Then I start planning our life together

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Most of my memories related to Lana's music are more general. Whenever I hear a certain lyric, I'm taken back in time to the moment when I first heard it or connected to it. This, coupled with that fact that I actually have a very minor form of synesthesia that causes me to occasionally see sounds as colors, gives me some very interesting associations with my music.

Most times I hear the chorus of Off To The Races, I see a yellowish-orange color. That chorus also brings me back to the first time I heard the song. The picture in my head is of a day in June when I was laying on the grass in my backyard, celebrating the beginning of Summer. It was probably about 5:30 and the sun was getting low in the sky. Everything is frozen in that moment, when I hear the chorus. It's actually kind of beautiful. The yellow-orange color is similar to this:

Yellow_Orange_501adcc7952f9.jpg

I don't have many of these associations, but I do have a few others. Born To Die's first few lines are a nearly-black dark brown color. It looks a bit like this, but about a tone darker:

Dark_brown.PNG

Queen of The Gas Station's chorus is kind of a turquoise color. This is probably the most accurate of the three:

turquoise.jpg

I always hyperventilate when someone says blue jeans or video games in the class...My friends hate Lana, just a few close ones like her...My best friend loves her because his father committed suicide ...

I always feel like Lana (this will sound stupid, but its true) when I'm consuming drugs with my friends or alone

tumblr_mhzjal5z1N1rab19lo1_1280.png

That was beautiful, thanks so much for sharing. I'm glad things are working out for you :love:

Awww, thank you! I never open up much on forums but lanaboards is really such a lovely community, you guys are amazing.

Your post reminded me of synesthesia, I learnt about it in philosophy, it's such a cool thing to have :flutter:

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

I always feel like Lana (this will sound stupid, but its true) when I'm consuming drugs with my friends or alone

I actually 100% get this. Lana is my go to music for that.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

My first exposure to Lana was when Pitchfork wrote up Video Games. I actually watched the music video for the first time with my ex-lover on his sofa in his living room. I was blown away by the beauty of her voice and how much she looked like Brigitte Bardot in some scenes . The bass and the drums in the production really stood out to me. He was unfazed by Lana, but I was in awe. When the video was over all I could say was, "She sings like Marilyn Monroe, but better." My ex said that Marilyn wasn't that good of a singer in the first place. x_x

VG was stuck in my head the entire week! I would always go back to it and thought how perfectly the images and lyrics captured a time in my life when I was naively content with everything. I started to obsess over her voice and how resonant and warm her tone was and the hints of darkness in her voice. Every since then I had a strong suspicion that Lana and I had similar philosphies on life and the more she opens up about herself and her performances like the debut of Born to Die in Paris to the Ride music video the more I am convinced that I have found my soul-artist and no-one is going to take that away.

giffix-1.gif

Every since then I had a strong suspicion that Lana and I had similar philosphies on life and the more she opens up about herself and her performances like the debut of Born to Die in Paris to the Ride music video the more I am convinced that I have found my soul-artist and no-one is going to take that away.

YES

I always tell my friends Lana gets me better than I get myself

Like she just knows how to put into words those feelings I have about life but never knew how to articulate

Lana is my spirit animal :badbitch:

I went to this camp in Cali, up near Yosemite, and I would just start singing "Video Games" or "National Anthem" and PEOPLE ACTUALLY KNEW what I was singing. I didn't even have to start it off every time, which in and of itself was incredible. :3

And I now do this thing at school where I flex my philtrum and make my upper lip puff out, and I lisp and pretend to be Lana, as in the character Miss Grant has made for herself. It is lots of fun, but it's REALLY distracting.

Most of my memories related to Lana's music are more general. Whenever I hear a certain lyric, I'm taken back in time to the moment when I first heard it or connected to it. This, coupled with that fact that I actually have a very minor form of synesthesia that causes me to occasionally see sounds as colors, gives me some very interesting associations with my music.

Most times I hear the chorus of Off To The Races, I see a yellowish-orange color. That chorus also brings me back to the first time I heard the song. The picture in my head is of a day in June when I was laying on the grass in my backyard, celebrating the beginning of Summer. It was probably about 5:30 and the sun was getting low in the sky. Everything is frozen in that moment, when I hear the chorus. It's actually kind of beautiful. The yellow-orange color is similar to this:

Yellow_Orange_501adcc7952f9.jpg

I don't have many of these associations, but I do have a few others. Born To Die's first few lines are a nearly-black dark brown color. It looks a bit like this, but about a tone darker:

Dark_brown.PNG

Queen of The Gas Station's chorus is kind of a turquoise color. This is probably the most accurate of the three:

turquoise.jpg

WAIT.Pause. Are we the same person? I've always associated colors with songs and you're spot-on for every single one of mine. :oprah:

it was my birthday a couple days ago, and we went to this stupid bar for some reason, and we all got wasted (shocker) and i convinced the DJ to play Lana, even though he kept telling me "it wouldn't fit with the mood", but he did it anyway, and everyone was so happy omg it was so nice.

I can't center this thistumblr_lywc1eFwqG1r939eeo1_500.gif

I have a great memory of watching National Anthem music video the morning after release laying in my moms bed. It was so perfect and I was so blown away. I told my sister, and then she came and watched it with me for my second time. It was great. I became officially addicted to National Anthem after that day. :)

H0bDaqU.gif

Once I was out for dinner with about 15 people for a friends birthday, when I hear a voice amongst all the noise singing, 'It's not puppy love, puppy, puppy, puppy love...' I look round like :what: and one of my friends who likes Lana looks up and said, 'You proud of me?' I started dying that she knew it~ as she liked Lana, but I didn't think she knew unreleased stuff. The rest of the evening she kept singing snippets from other unreleased ones.. okay I was dying.

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome