PrettyBaby

Create an Unreleased Lana Album/Playlist

It's an unnamed playlist, but I love these unreleased songs so much.

1. Never Let Me Go

2. On Our Way

3. Driving In Cars With Boys

4. Playing Dangerous

5. Dangerous Girl

6. Serial killer

7. Teenage Wasteland

8. Paris

9. Damn You

10. You & Me

11. You're Gonna Love Me

12. Last Girl On Earth

13. Dayglo Reflection

:aw:

The Girl You Used To Call The Queen of New York City

I recently made my girlfriend 3 playlists and i thought i’d share them in this thread, though i don’t think they would be particularly well-liked :ohno: (what does this emoticon mean?) I’m a big fan of playing really disparate things right next to each other but still following some sort of “logic,” and she likes that too, so that’s how i approached at least part of these. I had already given her a copy of AKA, and she eventually asked me for more stuff, but, rather than giving her the rest of the albums + a selection of unreleased stuff, i wanted to give her a collection that was all-encompassing (excluding AKA), dictated by which songs i thought she would like. I spent a good amount of time with the flow from song to song, as well as the overall arc of each playlist. I also had to play with the space in between tracks so that songs would flow from one another as i wanted them to--some songs sound great going right into the next, whereas others benefit from varying amounts of silence in between.  

You Like My Music and I Like the Way You Walk

1. Get Drunk

2. Boarding School

3. Hey Lolita Hey (alternate) [the Dan Grech mix]

4. Born to Die (demo 2)

5. Kinda Outta Luck

6. Diet Mtn Dew (demo 2) [the one with the pre-chorus]

7. American

8. Off to the Races

9. Methamphetamines

10. Rehab/For K Part 2 (demo)

11. Radio (demo)

12. Driving In Cars With Boys [the one where she does not sing the whole song in her low register]

13. Queen of the Gas Station (acoustic demo)

14. End of the World (Skeeter Davis)

15. Jump (demo)

Then I Saw Your Face and You Blew My Mind 

1. Blue Jeans (video version) [from the b&W video with intro and outro]

2. Motel 6 

3. Video Games

4. Lucky Ones (demo)

5. Cola

6. Noir

7. National Anthem (Nexus demo)

8. White Pontiac Heaven

9. Ride

10. Money Hunny 

11. You Can Be The Boss

12. Lolita (alternate demo) [the minor key one with upright bass, jazz drums, surf guitar, snaps, flute, etc.

13. Summertime Sadness

14. Afraid

15. Pin Up Galore

My Clothes Still Smell Like You

1. The Happiest Girl In The Whole U.S.A. (Donna Fargo)

2. Carmen

3. You & Me

4. Little Carmen

5. Body Electric

6. I Don't Wanna Go

7. Blue Velvet

8. Trash Magic

9. 1949 

10. Elvis

11. Disco

12. Yayo [Paradise version]

13. Axl Rose Husband

14. Backfire

15. Bel Air

My favorite transitions are Get Drunk to Boarding School, Little Carmen to Body Electric, Money Hunny to You Can Be The Boss, Summertime Sadness to Afraid, and Motel 6 to Video Games to Lucky Ones demo. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I recently made my girlfriend 3 playlists and i thought i’d share them in this thread, though i don’t think they would be particularly well-liked :ohno: (what does this emoticon mean?) I’m a big fan of playing really disparate things right next to each other but still following some sort of “logic,” and she likes that too, so that’s how i approached at least part of these. I had already given her a copy of AKA, and she eventually asked me for more stuff, but, rather than giving her the rest of the albums + a selection of unreleased stuff, i wanted to give her a collection that was all-encompassing (excluding AKA), dictated by which songs i thought she would like. I spent a good amount of time with the flow from song to song, as well as the overall arc of each playlist. I also had to play with the space in between tracks so that songs would flow from one another as i wanted them to--some songs sound great going right into the next, whereas others benefit from varying amounts of silence in between.  

1. Get Drunk

2. Boarding School

4. Born to Die (demo 2)

5. Kinda Outta Luck

7. American

8. Off to the Races

9. Methamphetamines

11. Radio (demo)

12. Driving In Cars With Boys [the one where she does not sing the whole song in her low register]

15. Jump (demo)

2. Motel 6 

3. Video Games

4. Lucky Ones (demo)

5. Cola

6. Noir

8. White Pontiac Heaven

9. Ride

10. Money Hunny 

11. You Can Be The Boss

12. Lolita (alternate demo) [the minor key one with upright bass, jazz drums, surf guitar, snaps, flute, etc.

13. Summertime Sadness

14. Afraid

15. Pin Up Galore

2. Carmen

3. You & Me

4. Little Carmen

5. Body Electric

6. I Don't Wanna Go

7. Blue Velvet

8. Trash Magic

9. 1949 

10. Elvis

11. Disco

13. Axl Rose Husband

14. Backfire

15. Bel Air

My favorite transitions are Get Drunk to Boarding School, Little Carmen to Body Electric, Money Hunny to You Can Be The Boss, Summertime Sadness to Afraid, and Motel 6 to Video Games to Lucky Ones demo. 

I don't understand most of this but I'll give it a whirl because I can appreciate some artistic organization. I'm a pretty typical playlist maker, I guess--I need natural moods and transitions. STORYLINES.

I fully expected some version of Lolita to be on all of those, though :sideeye:

1. Get Drunk

2. Boarding School

4. Born to Die (demo 2)

5. Kinda Outta Luck

7. American

8. Off to the Races

9. Methamphetamines

11. Radio (demo)

15. Jump (demo)

2. Motel 6 

3. Video Games

4. Lucky Ones (demo)

5. Cola

6. Noir

8. White Pontiac Heaven

9. Ride

10. Money Hunny 

11. You Can Be The Boss

13. Summertime Sadness

14. Afraid

15. Pin Up Galore

2. Carmen

3. You & Me

4. Little Carmen

5. Body Electric

6. I Don't Wanna Go

7. Blue Velvet

8. Trash Magic

9. 1949 

10. Elvis

11. Disco

13. Axl Rose Husband

14. Backfire

15. Bel Air

I don't usually listen to playlists that mix in BTD/TPE songs, but I'm gonna give these a try. Let us know how your gf likes them, too! (You think she wouldn't care for Born to Die or Paradise as is?)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I don't understand most of this 

I fully expected some version of Lolita to be on all of those, though :sideeye:

2/3 ain't bad  :hooker:

I don't usually listen to playlists that mix in BTD/TPE songs, but I'm gonna give these a try.

Oh, i thought your whole thing was to mix TPE songs in with BtD to make TPE more "listenable," but i just went back and checked, and i see that it was non-BtD songs you were mixing in.  

Let us know how your gf likes them, too! (You think she wouldn't care for Born to Die or Paradise as is?)

Well, i think, besides AKA, everything of Lana's has the potential to be hit-or-miss. I gave her AKA first not only because i think it's the best stuff and what she would probably like the most, but also because it's such a solid album straight through. I thought she'd appreciate some of the BtD demos more than the album versions, and that she'd appreciate Paradise songs mixed in with different sounding stuff rather than as a straight-through album, so i thought this approach made sense. Basically, i wanted to showcase Lana's wide range of styles. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

My playlist always starts with 'Lucky Ones'. It's simply Lana's best song.

Marry me? 

I have a handful of playlists where I've put Monicker-sized love and affection into the track order. I will post them.. soon. :defeated: 

14417469274.gif

Well, i think, besides AKA, everything of Lana's has the potential to be hit-or-miss. I gave her AKA first not only because i think it's the best stuff and what she would probably like the most, but also because it's such a solid album straight through. I thought she'd appreciate some of the BtD demos more than the album versions, and that she'd appreciate Paradise songs mixed in with different sounding stuff rather than as a straight-through album, so i thought this approach made sense. Basically, i wanted to showcase Lana's wide range of styles. 

:agree:

I have a handful of playlists where I've put Monicker-sized love and affection into the track order. I will post them.. soon. :defeated:

:smile:

Oh, i thought your whole thing was to mix TPE songs in with BtD to make TPE more "listenable," but i just went back and checked, and i see that it was non-BtD songs you were mixing in.  

I finally listened to BTD:TPE straight through (well, mostly) with TPE songs at the end, in the order Lana intended.

:bliss:

It was so beautiful. Especially "Ride," which seemed unnecessarily tired at the beginning of an EP -- coming after a slew of the previous BTD songs through "Lucky Ones," it's completely appropriate.

(I can't listen this way too often though... it's emotionally exhausting.)

Great thread!

I wanted to share my story. This playlist is the best time of my life up to now. It is so personal and special to me. This era of my life happened to coincide with when I first discovered Lana's music.

I Now My Life is Sweet Like Cinnamon

Video Games

Yayo (AKA version)

Diet Mtn Dew (Demo)

This is What Makes Us Girls (demo)

Radio

Carmen

Video Games (Omid 16B Remix)

Blue Jeans

II Tell Me I'm Your National Anthem

National Anthem

Diet Mountain Dew

Born to Die

Kill Kill

Dark Paradise

Body Electric (live)

Summertime Sadness

Without You

Lucky Ones

III And I Never Listen To Anyone

Lolita

Off To The Races

Million Dollar Man

Blue Velvet

Queen of the Gas Station

Put Me in a Movie

IIII Come On, Get Drunk

Ridin'

Smarty

Get Drunk

Ride

Burning Desire

Cola (fan made snippet mix)

American (fan made snippet mix)

Mermaid Motel

For K* (Sirens)

*I was not listening to this song at the time, but post events, it fits in perfectly, as the turning point in my most beloved era.

IIIII You Are A Tunnel Lined With Yellow Lights

Gods & Monsters

Cola

Body Electric

Bel Air

Yayo

I like to play this when I'm on a long drive, or have a lot of time to sit back, take in every beautiful moment of the music, and feel every beautiful emotion that each song evokes in me. And when I listen, I can feel everything that I felt then. It's such a mind fuck. I'm kind of still stuck on this.

this is one of my favorite lana playlists: 

lana_del_rey___kinda_outta_luck_by_other

Kinda Outta Luck

1. Kinda Outta Luck
  2. Hey Lolita Hey (demo)
  3. Go Go Dancer
  4. You Can Be The Boss
  5. Dangerous Girl
  6. Hundred Dollar Bill

Its starts off dark but then the mood quickly changes to fun and sexy and then ends on another dark note

It has elements of hip hop, that Hawaiian glam surf noir stuff and jazz. 

It showcases lots of lanas styles 

HollywoodPlayaz_zps3a8ff08a.jpg

HOLLYWOOD PLAYAZ  :diva:

1. Happy Birthday Mr. President

2. Children of the Bad Revolution

3. My Best Days

4. Put the Radio On

5. Puppy Love (Marilyn Monroe)

6. Driving In Cars (demo)

7. Serial Killer

8. Hit and Run

9. Break My Fall

10. Dynamite

11. Playing Dangerous

12. Paradise

13. American Dream (Damn You)

14. Fake Diamond

15. Last Girl On Earth

16. Dayglo Reflection (LDR fan mix)

17. I Don't Wanna Go

18. Hollywood's Dead

Does anyone have a playlist that combines Paradise & Born to Die's tracklists into a huge body of music? I would love to hear what everyone comes up with.

Hunter had one on the last page, with other unreleased tracks mixed in, that I think of as "Hunter's Epic Paradise":

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/795-your-favorite-lana-playlists/?p=39366

...and I took out the unreleased ones and called it "Hunter's Pretty Paradise" :teehee:

HPP_zps31e4cf0e.jpg

I had a Paradise Tour playlist months before the tour even started...

• "Dark Paradise"
  • "Body Electric"
  • "Gods and Monsters"
  • "Blue Jeans" 
  • "Diet Mountain Dew"
  • "Million Dollar Man"
  • "Carmen"
  • "Without You"
  • "American"
  • "Off to the Races"
  • "This Is What Makes Us Girls"
  • "Cola"
  • "Ride"
  • "Summertime Sadness"
  • "Video Games"
  • "National Anthem"

See how right I was! She's so predictable. :creepna: You should have seen my face on opening night...  :lange:

My phone usually starts off the playlist very slow and it transitions into the higher energy songs towards the end.

Cola

Born To Die

Without You

American

Off to the Races

Burning Desire

National Anthem

Carmen

Yayo

Radio

Blue Jeans

Summertime Sadness