Sign in to follow this  
Macintosh Manhattan

Explosion In Manhattan (Chelsea)

Hope everyone is okay, and that it is an isolated incident... people should also not rush to judgement and stereotype, because this could be something far different-.

as there is as of 1230am eastern NO connection with any international terror.

It is more likely a rightwing homegrown hater in the US who in the midst of the hateful Nazi-like Brown-shirt Presidential campaign  Trump and Trump's aides are running, advocating hate and hatred against anyone, threating Hillary and her daughter (who lives like just 3 blocks away). some lone wolf(or professional taking advantage) then campaigns the next day that the nation isn't safe because of immigrants or anyone that doesn't back Donald Trump.

Sure enough the bloviator commented almost immediately afterward before any information or cause and used it was a campaign line "Better get strong".

Dude listen to your own advice/comment, no one made assumption only I and @HawaiianTropic mentioned Islamic terrorism with an "If",

@HawaiianTropic was hoping it doesn't result in further hatred and discrimination while I was generally discussing with the probability in mind since it is the most frequent type of major attacks now..

----------------------------------------------------------------

anyways

http://www.app.com/story/news/local/emergencies/2016/09/17/device-explodes-seaside-park-evacuated/90576408/

http://abc7ny.com/news/official-explosion-near-5k-race-route-in-seaside-park-not-a-prank/1515595/

http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/seaside-park-new-jersey-explosion-pipe-bomb-bombing-photos-pictures-semper-5k-marine-military-run-attack-terrorism/

This bombing, highly related perhaps

@@PlaceboHoliday

Pipe explosives and explosives in dumpsters are not the weapon of choice of foreign terrorists of the day.

to note- in the daily mirror article--- indeed has lots of people tweeting rush to judgement.

It is possible it is one person who did both, or perhaps the 2nd is a copy cat having heard the first.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Hope everyone is okay, and that it is an isolated incident... people should also not rush to judgement and stereotype, because this could be something far different-.

as there is as of 1230am eastern NO connection with any international terror.

It is more likely a rightwing homegrown hater in the US who in the midst of the hateful Nazi-like Brown-shirt Presidential campaign  Trump and Trump's aides are running, advocating hate and hatred against anyone, threating Hillary and her daughter (who lives like just 3 blocks away). some lone wolf(or professional taking advantage) then campaigns the next day that the nation isn't safe because of immigrants or anyone that doesn't back Donald Trump.

Sure enough the bloviator commented almost immediately afterward before any information or cause and used it was a campaign line "Better get strong".

It is highly doubtful a foreign group would target the people living where the dumpster was- a residence with 210 apartments for blind and sight impared residents.

Much more likely a hate crime or a political crime.

Most important is those hurt get well, and that there are no deaths announced as of the minute.

(btw- it was only 1 single explosive in the NJ incident, not multiple, the BBC/Canada second article in OP indicated more).

"It is more likely a rightwing homegrown hater in the US who in the midst of the hateful Nazi-like Brown-shirt Presidential campaign  Trump and Trump's aides are running, advocating hate and hatred against anyone, threating Hillary and her daughter (who lives like just 3 blocks away). some lone wolf(or professional taking advantage) then campaigns the next day that the nation isn't safe because of immigrants or anyone that doesn't back Donald Trump."

Wow. And I thought this site couldn't get anymore left. 

@@PlaceboHoliday

Pipe explosives and explosives in dumpsters are not the weapon of choice of foreign terrorists of the day.

to note- in the daily mirror article--- indeed has lots of people tweeting rush to judgement.

It is possible it is one person who did both, or perhaps the 2nd is a copy cat having heard the first.

Didn't know you were a terrorologist ... The Boston attack itself wasn't what you expect to be a weapon of choice either

And it doesn't have to be a foreign attack

As I said it was an assumption based on the trends of the attacks..

People on social media in fact make judgements and further their own narrative with that but that's not the case here

I made pointing how you say we shouldn't make these judgements while coming up with bizarre scenarios of what seems your own judgement and stereotypes in your head.. That's insanely hypocritical

Also I find it weird how defensive you are towards it not being a terrorism and saying its "highly doubtful" while its in actuality a bigger possibility than a single isolated attack espcially with the bombing in NJ happening hours before

Anyways I'm not here to argue I'm just telling make your own assumptions as you want but don't tell us not to think in a way or assume it's not a terrier attacks

It shows how no one is really safe. If living in the middle of nowhere didn't suck I'd probably do it. The police closed a neighborhood here yesterday because of a false alarm (I used to work there before x) ).

And btw, it's terrorism even if it wasn't ISIS or non-white people who did it

EotAQlJ.jpg

It shows how no one is really safe. If living in the middle of nowhere didn't suck I'd probably do it. The police closed a neighborhood here yesterday because of a false alarm (I used to work there before x) ).

people really need to remember this

Judging but what I've been reading on the internet and watching on the news it looks like it a home grown terrorist but with no links to ISIS and such.

Which makes it even more scary tbh There's a top notch wanker going round making bombs. We have no idea what they look like and why there doing it in the first place.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

That's incorrect. In order for it to be "terrorism", it would have to be an attack with some sort of political agenda. Usually people associated terrorism with massacres or attacks including a bomb is because during Bush's Speech To Congress and many goverment documents refereed to 9/11 as terrorism and the perpetrators were labeled as terrorist. If it were by ISIS or any other extreme religious group, it would be puritanicalism. If it were to be carried out by a person for killing intentions, excluding their racial background, that would be psychoticism.

That's incorrect. In order for it to be "terrorism", it would have to be an attack with some sort of political agenda. Usually people associated terrorism with massacres or attacks including a bomb is because during Bush's Speech To Congress and many goverment documents refereed to 9/11 as terrorism and the perpetrators were labeled as terrorist. If it were by ISIS or any other extreme religious group, it would be puritanicalism. If it were to be carried out by a person for killing intentions, excluding their racial background, that would be psychoticism.

Definitions evolve, and nowadays it's used to refer to the examples you mentioned. What ISIS does is terrorism, they use terror to try to try to achieve their goals. Maybe in this case it was just a psycho trying to kill people, but we don't know what his intentions were. I've looked at the definition of terrorism in English, French and Portuguese. In English they mention only political agenda but in the other two it's way more detailed:

• Ensemble d'actes de violence (attentats, prises d'otages, etc.) commis par une organisation pour créer un climat d'insécurité, pour exercer un chantage sur un gouvernement, pour satisfaire une haine à l'égard d'une communauté, d'un pays, d'un système.
  • All acts of violence (attacks, hostage-taking, etc.) committed by an organization to create a climate of insecurity, to blackmail a government,to satisfy a hatred of a community, of a country, of a system.
  • I personally give more importance to this definition than to yours. And Islamism is political, but I won't get into that before a certain user jumps on me

EotAQlJ.jpg

Definitions evolve, and nowadays it's used to refer to the examples you mentioned. What ISIS does is terrorism, they use terror to try to try to achieve their goals. Maybe in this case it was just a psycho trying to kill people, but we don't know what his intentions were. I've looked at the definition of terrorism in English, French and Portuguese. In English they mention only political agenda but in the other two it's way more detailed:

-

• Ensemble d'actes de violence (attentats, prises d'otages, etc.) commis par une organisation pour créer un climat d'insécurité, pour exercer un chantage sur un gouvernement, pour satisfaire une haine à l'égard d'une communauté, d'un pays, d'un système.
  • All acts of violence (attacks, hostage-taking, etc.) committed by an organization to create a climate of insecurity, to blackmail a government,to satisfy a hatred of a community, of a country, of a system.
  • I personally give more importance to this definition than to yours.
ISIS are not terrorist nor do they commit acts of terrorism. They are puritanical and commit acts of puritanicalism. They don't correlate with any of the "evolved' definitions or the definition as of today. They commit these acts out of their extreme religious views. If they wanted to "create a climate of insecurity, to blackmail a government,to satisfy a hatred of a community, of a country, of a system.", they wouldn't speak of their religious views on their attacks. They are not terrorists. They are puritanical.

ISIS are not terrorist nor do they commit acts of terrorism. They are puritanical and commit acts of puritanicalism. They don't correlate with any of the "evolved' definitions or the definition as of today. They commit these acts out of their extreme religious views. If they wanted to "create a climate of insecurity, to blackmail a government,to satisfy a hatred of a community, of a country, of a system.", they wouldn't speak of their religious views on their attacks. They are not terrorists. They are puritanical.

k

EotAQlJ.jpg

Mod note: removed for sensitivity. I don't think this post was originally in bad nature, but we should be caring of those who may be personally impacted by this event.

yet another example of ace telling me not to do something he does everyday, luvs it.

you realize, you say stupid ass shit, thinking your so funny, but people got hurt tonight. It it was a family member, you would certainly not be laughing. Also, to note, you think your "iconic" or caused things to happen. Wake up, everybody talks shit because your annoying, not notorious. Leave. 

^^^^

yet another example of ace telling me not to do something he does everyday, luvs it.

You do not know me, please stop calling me ace. And you were being purposefully rude to other Lanaboards memebrs and trying to get a reaction to offend them. If you read it I was not in bad nature whatsoever, but due to those personally impacted the mods took it down. I did not say someone was 'triggered' nor siad they have sexual encounters with a dildo. Please take your L and move on with your day.

You do not know me, please stop calling me ace. And you were being purposefully rude to other Lanaboards memebrs and trying to get a reaction to offend them. If you read it I was not in bad nature whatsoever, but due to those personally impacted the mods took it down. I did not say someone was 'triggered' nor siad they have sexual encounters with a dildo. Please take your L and move on with your day.

first of all the only thing you are iconic for, is reaching. second, me and heavy metal have no issues with eachother, and you can't compare our conversation with belittling a traumatic experience such as this, yet again your thinking is misaligned. and if you dont like what i said, thats not my problem, since i wasn't making light of something of severity like this. don't post things and not expecting responses. deal with it. i like everyone on here, except you, and at least im not the only one. you make insensitive jokes and think its funny. then when someone else is joking about something (no triggering or upsetting) you hop on and have to make commentary on it. dont act like you have no part in anything. i will continue to respond to these topics, because i can. we all can. the only time you come on is to be rude to others, and "leak" things for attention without any regard of the legal repercussions for doing so. ive made friends with many on here, and we come on to enjoy lanaboards. bye for now. 

first of all the only thing you are iconic for, is reaching. second, me and heavy metal have no issues with eachother, and you can't compare our conversation with belittling a traumatic experience such as this, yet again your thinking is misaligned. and if you dont like what i said, thats not my problem, since i wasn't making light of something of severity like this. don't post things and not expecting responses. deal with it. i like everyone on here, except you, and at least im not the only one. you make insensitive jokes and think its funny. then when someone else is joking about something (no triggering or upsetting) you hop on and have to make commentary on it. dont act like you have no part in anything. i will continue to respond to these topics, because i can. we all can. the only time you come on is to be rude to others, and "leak" things for attention without any regard of the legal repercussions for doing so. ive made friends with many on here, and we come on to enjoy lanaboards. bye for now.

giphy.gif

If you're going to continue to be childish and inconsiderate I will not respond to you anymore. You're extremely disrespectful, offensive and ignorant of both me and other members.