Important Announcement!

LanaBoards will be offline for a few hours later today for updates. Please read the IMPORTANT Site Update thread for more information.

Photo

Thread for Minor General Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

• Please log in to reply
3432 replies to this topic

#3421 OFFLINE   partymonster

partymonster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Fan Since:2014

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:40 PM

does anyone here play guitar? i want to learn how to play electric and i've heard it's easier to learn on there, but i'm thinking if i learn on acoustic it might be easier for me to transition to electric although acoustic is harder to learn on and can be off-putting for beginners. i need guidance  :ohno:

edit: wait you know what i think im just gonna go for electric

• plastiscguy likes this

giphy.gif

#3422 ONLINE   Terrence Loves Me

Terrence Loves Me

Worst Taste 3.0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,895 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Fan Since:2015

Posted 16 July 2020 - 12:06 AM

does anyone here play guitar? i want to learn how to play electric and i've heard it's easier to learn on there, but i'm thinking if i learn on acoustic it might be easier for me to transition to electric although acoustic is harder to learn on and can be off-putting for beginners. i need guidance  :ohno:

I used to be able to play a little bit as my brother taught me when i was little, but im clueless now and kinda want to get back into it too so...

x2 !!

• partymonster likes this

π–œπ–Šπ–—π–Šπ–œπ–”π–‘π–›π–Šπ–˜ π–œπ–Šπ–—π–Šπ–œπ–”π–‘π–›π–Šπ–˜, π–˜π–π–Žπ–Šπ–˜ π–œπ–Žπ–‘π–‘ π–‡π–—π–Žπ–Œπ–π–™π–Šπ–“

#3423 OFFLINE   partymonster

partymonster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 July 2020 - 12:41 AM

I used to be able to play a little bit as my brother taught me when i was little, but im clueless now and kinda want to get back into it too so...

x2 !!

im also forcing myself to apply for jobs too because i can't afford an electric guitar atm  :crossed:

• Terrence Loves Me likes this

giphy.gif

#3424 OFFLINE   longtimeman

longtimeman

This is an invitation, it's not a threat.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts
  • Fan Since:23/11/2013

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:21 AM

You've apparently already decided, but if you want advice from someone who's not that good at guitar (but is friends with a few professional musicians), my advice would be to remember that electric and acoustic are actually different instruments, and have different techniques that you use, and different sounds that you're after, so if you are looking to start, think about which sound you prefer, and go for that one. Also, the most important advice of all, don't go for a cheap instrument, because it will be hard to play properly, and will put you off playing. If at all possible, get someone who knows how to play to go along with you when you buy your instrument, to try it out.

• partymonster and HydroponicWeeds like this

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

#3425 OFFLINE   partymonster

partymonster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 July 2020 - 02:04 AM

You've apparently already decided, but if you want advice from someone who's not that good at guitar (but is friends with a few professional musicians), my advice would be to remember that electric and acoustic are actually different instruments, and have different techniques that you use, and different sounds that you're after, so if you are looking to start, think about which sound you prefer, and go for that one. Also, the most important advice of all, don't go for a cheap instrument, because it will be hard to play properly, and will put you off playing. If at all possible, get someone who knows how to play to go along with you when you buy your instrument, to try it out.

i’m of course still open to responses because it’ll probably be a while before i actually buy it. reading this and what other people have said, i think i’ll most likely go for electric because i prefer the sound and the technique seems to be easier. thanks for the advice :)
  • longtimeman likes this

giphy.gif

#3426 OFFLINE   violets

violets

❀ ❁ ❀

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Locationnew york
  • Fan Since:2013

Posted 20 July 2020 - 05:08 PM

what is that search engine that allows me to just google a product name and it shows every link its being sold on ?? i thought i saw someone post it on here but i cant find it. 

#3427 OFFLINE   IrishLanaBoy

IrishLanaBoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationIreland
  • Fan Since:April 2012

Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:36 PM

Could anyone tell me where the Sirens artwork originated from? Did it leak alongside the album? Also, I've seen a few variations on filter/typeface, which is the 'original'?

Yo, when are we getting the Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant re-release?  :cuteface:

#3428 OFFLINE   Just Cherry

Just Cherry

Miss Daytona

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationHell, preferably
  • Fan Since:December 2011

Posted 22 July 2020 - 07:49 PM

Could anyone tell me where the Sirens artwork originated from? Did it leak alongside the album? Also, I've seen a few variations on filter/typeface, which is the 'original'?

There is no official artwork, all fan made. Sirens leaked without artwork. It didn’t even have an official track list.
  • urgirl likes this

#3429 OFFLINE   Chemtrail

Chemtrail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Fan Since:2012

Posted 01 August 2020 - 01:56 PM

How could Change have been recorded in June 2017 if albums need to be finalised 3 months before release?

#3430 OFFLINE   donniedelrey

donniedelrey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Fan Since:Who even knows

Posted 02 August 2020 - 07:20 PM

I know someone else already answered that it's fan made, but the pic they used came from the ford models photoshoot from like 2004 or 2005
  • IrishLanaBoy likes this

#3431 OFFLINE   IanadeIrey

IanadeIrey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 07:23 PM

How could Change have been recorded in June 2017 if albums need to be finalised 3 months before release?

An album only needs to be finalized 3 months before release for the sake of vinyl. That's why the LFL vinyls didn't come until September 29th. 

Digital and CD turnaround is a lot quicker, so even though Lana finished the final mixes of the album in early June, we were still able to get it on streaming services and in CD format in time for July 21st! :)

• Pico Boulevard, Hallo Heaven and Chemtrail like this

#3432 OFFLINE   Chemtrail

Chemtrail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Fan Since:2012

Posted 03 August 2020 - 12:07 AM

An album only needs to be finalized 3 months before release for the sake of vinyl. That's why the LFL vinyls didn't come until September 29th. 

Digital and CD turnaround is a lot quicker, so even though Lana finished the final mixes of the album in early June, we were still able to get it on streaming services and in CD format in time for July 21st! :)

Thank you for answering! I didn't know the vinyls came out later.

• IanadeIrey likes this

#3433 OFFLINE   donniedelrey

donniedelrey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Fan Since:Who even knows

Posted Today, 05:45 AM

What date was the Kacey Musgraves Christmas Show with Lana recorded?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users