Elle

Lana & Politics

Ok, so Rihanna is encouraging hoes to kill their men according to the Needed Me video, because it has a striking visual message? A damn mess, dear. Out of all lines, you have chosen those  :rip:

If were being realistic here, Rihanna doing a video of her shooting a guy from a fictional set isn't gonna influence her fans to go out and kill people. Lana singing about drugs and doing cocaine in a song is much more influenced. Its much more rational to he influenced by somebody seeing someone they admire doing a rational act towards themselves than an unrational act towards others.

If were being realistic here, Rihanna doing a video of her shooting a guy from a fictional set isn't gonna influence her fans to go out and kill people. Lana singing about drugs and doing cocaine in a song is much more influenced. Its much more rational to he influenced by somebody seeing someone they admire doing a rational act towards themselves than an unrational act towards others.

that's absolute crap. in that case, one out of two Eminem fans has killed his ex-wife.

So Rihanna is responsible for her fans being drug-addicts, aswell?

And you totally derail this discussion.

Pls answer: is Lana a democrat or a republican and move on. Thanks.

If you're gonna reply with that then don't quote me. You wanted to say Lana's lyrics on certain subjects aren't influential, and that's just not true.

I see you still refuse to answer the question.

Yes, Rihanna may be responsible for some of her fans doing drugs or being addicted to them. According to this studies, a very small handful probably may lean toward that.

LDR believes in free will (as Tropico states at about 17:30, after the GAM segment). Therefore, you get the U.S.A (and/or life) you choose (to some extent). Tropico is certainly ambiguous as to whether she's pro sex, drugs, violence, or believes in an exclusively good U.S. past (I mean she recites Howl, after all).

She's not forcing a choice but feels she has to deepen her outside perception by the GP as someone who cares, but not someone that wishes to influence a choice. Her position is a contrast to other celebrities who wish to influence like Katy Perry and Azealia Banks. 

With regard to AB, I'm surprised this is still up:

Is LDR demo or repu? Imagine what her stance on immigration, community service (elevated to the level of nations), and environmental protection is, and then speculate on who she is voting for.

(I mean she recites Howl, after all).

which is basically a protest against capitalism, repression and subjugation. it would be completely incoherent to be quoting Ginsberg and constantly mentioning him and other beat writers as main inspirations while being social and even fiscally conservative. and that's excluding the fact that we know she voted for, or at least supported, Obama; the re-imagination of JFK as a black president; the vaguely lesbian theme in SS; how she seems to relate to the fringes of society in her videos and lyrics (cults, gangs, strippers, drug dealers, etc) - nothing even remotely compatible with Republican ideology. of course she could be doing all this for the stylistic aspect alone, or some cool-by-association factor... but even so, it would still be baffling.

i'm not american so their whole bipartisan system is bizarre to me; even in multi-party systems it's often quite hard to find a party or a candidate that completely fits one's ideology and beliefs, so given the current choice in the US it's definitely easy for me to understand why someone would prefer not to publicly claim to be a supporter of one or the other - and how they choose to vote in private is another matter (of pros vs cons, basically).

My question is if Lana is voting Hillary and Azealia is voting trump what happens to their friendship? Of course, Lana might not care but are they currently still friends?

I think let your politics decisions interfere in your friendship would be a little stupid, but we never know.  :whatever2: I think Lana doesn't care too, but I don't know that much about Azealia, just that she was always fighting (?) on twitter.

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

that's absolute crap. in that case, one out of two Eminem fans has killed his ex-wife.

oh my fucking god :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Obviously a Democratic person in a 2016 time period.

Her whole life and lifestyle is 100% liberal Democratic in USA terms.

Transcending female in a male world.

The biggest comparison would be- The Eleanor Roosevelt of the music world. (And in 2016, Hillary is the closest thing to Eleanor Roosevelt, who could NOT become President back in the 1930s.

the mistake people make is thinking being patriotic is limited to the Ronald Reagan buffoons in the Republican party just because they hijacked the terms in the 1980s.

Loving the country has nothing to do with being  a Republican, who in today's Republican  love of their own ego (Trump and the 21 has beens that challenged for the Republican nomination all offered zero and nothing and just vomited patriotic words that actually have nothing to do with anything at all.

Republicans are all about hate of others, hate of religion not theirs, hate of Blacks, Mexicans, Gays,Jews (note that in 2014 the Republicans danced when Senator(Republican) Cantor was primaried out of office by a draconian tea party candidate, Cantor was the last Jewish Republican in congress).

The 2016 Republicans are avidly going after the KKK of the 1950s David Duke/Ron Paul racist voters and attempting to move everything back to before

LBJ thanks to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. signed the Civil Rights/Voting Rights acts and the period WHERE WOMEN THEMSELVES COULD NOT VOTE IN AMERICA

It was only 96 years ago now that women "were allowed to vote" in the USA.

Elizabeth / Lana, wanting to be "one of the boys" in a society where in the past has never been possible is indeed one of the most liberal statements one can make.

Ride, the song, the video, is perhaps the closest thing proving that (and not the reverse).

The only surprise is that 100% of America doesn't embrace the same thing.

And religiously, Jesus himself was a liberal, no question about it.

Helping the poorest.

Republicans in US hijack religion, yet almost none of them practice what they preach, nor do they act in any way like it

Look how Lana seems to be the one that cares for both her sister and brother, and her sense of artistic collective goes to the 1960s liberal and liberalism

of the NYC or San Francisco artistic community, the folk music scene, the poetry readings, etc.

(note- one thing different from the 60s to now is that there were liberal Republicans in the 1960s, but in elected politics in 2016, there is zero room for liberals

in the Republican party.

Don't let them fool you- Love of the country, love of the flag is LIBERAL

Donald Trump for instance spits on the concept of America. Just listen to his statement he made a few months ago,

AMON GOETH of Stephen Spielberg's Holocaust movie Schindler's List comes to mind, when Donald Trump said he could come out of his 5th avenue penthouse and literally shoot someone, and none of his hard-line supporters would stop supporting him. Think about- what a God Damn anti-America statement is that? 

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I think she might have been a bernie girl earlier this year, i mean she's litteraly surrounded by bernie stans : Chuck the butch queen, her gay producers, Jonathan the veggie, Father John Misty...

I think she might have been a bernie girl earlier this year, i mean she's litteraly surrounded by bernie stans : Chuck the butch queen, her gay producers, Jonathan the veggie, Father John Misty...

Lmaooo. I like how Misty doesn't have a nickname

And which producers are gay?

Bernie Sanders is voting for Hillary.

Hillary wanted Universal Health care in 1993, but the Republicans did not let it happen then

President Obama's ACA is just kicking the door open for a better system to happen  (Personally wish we had France's).

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp