Hundred Dollar Bill

SEVDALIZA

a5Rdflk.jpg

(ISN'T SHE FUCKING GORGEOUS?? SHE LOOKS LIKE A GENUINE GODDESS)

Sevda Alizadeh, also known as Sevdaliza, is an Iranian-born multimedia artist based in the Netherlands. This was surprising news to me - but she was a professional basketball player before she turned to music! She left home at 16 on a basketball scholarship and eventually played for the Dutch national team. Now, she creates beautifully crafted songs & videos with a very sensual and almost melancholic / mechanical feel to them. 

Sevdaliza has released 2 EPs so far, along with some features here and there. She also dropped a short film earlier this year, titled The Formula. & Just a few days ago, she released a new single - Time, and it's absolutely gorgeous.

Buy it on iTunes!!

The Formula

Fans of FKA twigs, Banks, Perfume Genius...

Can I also just say that this woman has basically become my new Lana at this point??? I haven't been this enamored with a new artist in so long. Stupid HDB fun fact;  I don't really like music videos. But !!!! THIS WOMAN. THIS GODDESS. This music video was my introduction to her & I was immediately obsessed. Like. It's my favorite song of hers / probably Top 5 favorite songs of all time. Listen!!!! Watch!!! Be amazed!! :) lol

The Suspended Kid - EP

Children of Silk - EP

@SitarHero @National Anthem @comeintomybedroom @

idk who else to tag lol i've been gone too long

14417469274.gif

I just looked her up on YouTube and iTunes. Holy shit, she's amazing

yeah she really is. you should check out her song "men of glass" ft Rome Fortune if you haven't already. It was the first song of hers i ever heard.

tumblr_o0nocyD6zu1rvt47eo1_400.gif

yeah she really is. you should check out her song "men of glass" ft Rome Fortune if you haven't already. It was the first song of hers i ever heard.

I have all of her music on my iTunes right now hahaha. Men of glass is so fucking good. She reminds me a lot of Twigs

tumblr_m9li5eLE0H1rah8xoo1_500.gif

I really love her, I enjoy "The Suspended Kid" a lot and I was so excited when she released One Armed Lullaby for the Red Bull Campaign and the "Children Of Silk" EP late last year. Did not know she already has a new single ... I hope she'll release an Album or further EPs soon!

Also, don't forget about this

https://youtu.be/CVeGUQHvnuM

https://youtu.be/v1ULZ2NVKM8

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

On children of silk ep, the songs "Amandine Insensible" and "M.M."

give me glory box vibes. idk i keep thinking about this 

I was thinking of listing Portishead along with twigs / Banks / PG, I just didn't think anyone here would be familiar with them! It totally gives me a similar vibe. I think the BPM is about the same for the songs. Love seeing other Portishead fans. :flutter: 

I really love her, I enjoy "The Suspended Kid" a lot and I was so excited when she released One Armed Lullaby for the Red Bull Campaign and the "Children Of Silk" EP late last year. Did not know she already has a new single ... I hope she'll release an Album or further EPs soon!

Also, don't forget about this

I love Haunted! I actually moved it over to the Children of Silk EP because I feel it fits well there. I wanted to post everything but I figured I'd leave some room for other people to comment, lol. Did you get One Armed Lullaby from the Red Bull website? The downloads were limited & i can't find it anywhere that wasn't ripped in shit quality from soundcloud. :( 

14417469274.gif

I was thinking of listing Portishead along with twigs / Banks / PG, I just didn't think anyone here would be familiar with them! It totally gives me a similar vibe. I think the BPM is about the same for the songs. Love seeing other Portishead fans. :flutter:

I love Haunted! I actually moved it over to the Children of Silk EP because I feel it fits well there. I wanted to post everything but I figured I'd leave some room for other people to comment, lol. Did you get One Armed Lullaby from the Red Bull website? The downloads were limited & i can't find it anywhere that wasn't ripped in shit quality from soundcloud. :(

Yeah, I downloaded it on the same day it was put on there. Kind of stupid that it was only aviable for a limited time, it's such a wonderful song. I can send it to you but I won't have access to my drive until sunday.

Concerning the Portishead comparance ... I think Amandine Insensible has a slightly Portishead-esque sound but apart from that the music is quite different. However, the general vibes of Sevdaliza's music often remind me a bit of Portishead's Third.

Yeah, I downloaded it on the same day it was put on there. Kind of stupid that it was only aviable for a limited time, it's such a wonderful song. I can send it to you but I won't have access to my drive until sunday.

I would rly appreciate that!  :defeated:

Yeahh I'm gonna need Sev to drop this album like yesterday lol. Hopefully Time is the lead single. 

14417469274.gif

I would rly appreciate that!  :defeated:

Yeahh I'm gonna need Sev to drop this album like yesterday lol. Hopefully Time is the lead single. 

Well, remind me again on the weekend and I'm gonna PM it to you :)

I don't really know how I feel about Time. It's nice but a bit less innovative than her other stuff so far.

Does anyone have The Valley in HQ? I could only find soundcloud rips, nothing over 128kbps. I read in an article somewhere that it was due out on the Children of Silk EP.. but it's not on the tracklist. ???

14417469274.gif