Hundred Dollar Bill

SEVDALIZA

Felt like she's trying too hard to do something special with all the autotune.

I literally love everything else she's put out but HN is just uninspired in my opinion

I dig it - I’m glad to see her experimenting more with her sound. Human Nature kind of gives me what I wanted (that I didn’t get) from Love’s Way. The chord progression, the fluttering piano, the simple yet effective lyrics... and that tacky spoken outtro about the beauty of selfishness. :flutter:

I think she’s begun to really master her own brand & that’s so exciting to me since we’re so early in her career!!

14417469274.gif

I dig it - I’m glad to see her experimenting more with her sound. Human Nature kind of gives me what I wanted (that I didn’t get) from Love’s Way. The chord progression, the fluttering piano, the simple yet effective lyrics... and that tacky spoken outtro about the beauty of selfishness. :flutter:

I think she’s begun to really master her own brand & that’s so exciting to me since we’re so early in her career!!

I personally think it's a lot of recycled elements from her other songs with this over-the-top autotune to make it sound deep. ISON, Children of SIlk and The Suspended Kid had a lot of much more unique tracks and sounds. Human nature sounds like a big step back to me

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Have any of you seen her live? If so how worth it is it on a scale of 1 to sell my kidney

She's a great performer. A lot of dramatic dancing and some nice live versions of her songs. However, big part of the set is coming from tape and the focus is more on the performance than the singing - although her live vocals are beautiful.

HOWEVER it's not really worth to take hours of driving and waiting for her concerts IMO. Although I love her, driving three hours for her to come out an hour late and then only perform a super short set that was about an hour was bit disappointing.

Soul Syncable is still my fav, I love the Mezzanine-vibes it gives off. It's so dark and sweet .

5D is pretty ISON-ish. I like the up- and downs it has, both her voice, the melody and the percussion seem like they are having their own tides.

Soothsayer is a pretty song. Beautiful but it does not blow me away.

Energ1 is actually pretty interesting, I love all the contrasts it has and the way it keeps on evolving through the track. Feels a bit like the counterpart to Soul Syncable.

Human Nature is still my least favourite track. The beat is so generic and all the auto-tune doesn't really make a bland track artistic in any way.

I reeeeally like the string-arrangements in Voodoov and the way the song flows. There is something so sinister about it's production, I love it.

Observer is refreshing, it feels a bit like a tribute to her The Suspended Kids days. It's a great choice as a light closer for a pretty dark EP. Not sure if I like it that much because it sticks out of what she's been doing ever since the Children Of SIlk EP (although I loved everything she did) or if it might actually grow on me as a favourite track.

So I think my favs are Soul Syncable, Observer and Voodoov. Great EP, thankful that she gave it to us! She's really "the gift that keeps on giving"