live your alterlife

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Time Online: 30d 3h 18m 18s

Posted Yesterday, 11:42 PM

Anyone else feel like she's proper flopping or

And that she shouldn't be but is in part dude to really just mismanaging the era?

She seems much more invested in the next era than the current and I just hope that means that CLXIII slaps

Yes, she completely missed the mark imo. Tbh, she missed the mark very early on. She had enough good songs to put out CXI in 2014 when she got the attention from the Katy Perry tweet but went the rest of the year into hiding. Then she got a moment going in 2015 with CXI and let it die in 2016 with the whole Unsolved mess.

Herself and her team are the ones in the way of stablishing the Allie X project. She could've a Charli or MØ sized fan base by now if she knew how to ride the momentum she created back then.

• Stargirl likes this

自由になる自由がある

#5022 OFFLINE   Khris

Khris

A Yosemite Cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 37d 14h 14m 23s

Posted Yesterday, 11:44 PM

clx3 is coming for that gp attention ... trust me  :crossed:

#5023 OFFLINE   MrLunknown

MrLunknown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Time Online: 44d 10h 41m 24s

Posted Yesterday, 11:46 PM

I Die everytime I think that Alexandra was, for real, the Center-Piece for the project and it ended nowhere in the tracklist :creep:

I mean... the whole thing about "CLX II is about finding yourself"...

:creep:

that's why we NEVER create a song too early and listen to it a lot, because we'll get bored of it even if it's the theme of your album :creep:

• Stargirl likes this

#5024 OFFLINE   Stargirl

Stargirl

the blade runner version of lust for life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,981 posts
  • Locationelaborate mansion on the moon
  • Time Online: 164d 45m 49s

Posted 57 minutes ago

I Die everytime I think that Alexandra was, for real, the Center-Piece for the project and it ended nowhere in the tracklist :creep:

I mean... the whole thing about "CLX II is about finding yourself"...

:creep:

that's why we NEVER create a song too early and listen to it a lot, because we'll get bored of it even if it's the theme of your album :creep:

Literally none of CLXII is about finding yourself or the cover or anything, too. Which is frustrating because it's something thag really resonated with me with CLXI. The whole plot or whatever disappeared completely and feeling X doesn't really mean much anymore.

I'm not really sure what she's going for anymore. I think the most frustrating things are the explanation videos because they all say the same thing "I used to be into things that were bad for me and I didn't gaf and this is about dark things but I'm not going to talk about them so it's a metaphor for love." She has an interesting story to tell and she's capable of serious lyricism... so where is it? She's gone from being mysterious in a tantalizing way to literally just not being present
  • MrLunknown and SlowGinFizzzz like this

large.pngygRA7p0.gif large.png

#5025 OFFLINE   MrLunknown

MrLunknown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Time Online: 44d 10h 41m 24s

Posted 22 minutes ago

Literally none of CLXII is about finding yourself or the cover or anything, too. Which is frustrating because it's something thag really resonated with me with CLXI. The whole plot or whatever disappeared completely and feeling X doesn't really mean much anymore.

I'm not really sure what she's going for anymore. I think the most frustrating things are the explanation videos because they all say the same thing "I used to be into things that were bad for me and I didn't gaf and this is about dark things but I'm not going to talk about them so it's a metaphor for love." She has an interesting story to tell and she's capable of serious lyricism... so where is it? She's gone from being mysterious in a tantalizing way to literally just not being present

I think it also comes from inspiration. Idk if she was dating back when doing CLX I, but I feel the lyrics were way more "I'm devastated and really fked up trying to move into the next thing" while on CLX II the things take a turn up that if we take a look, it really gives kinda of an "insight" from a part of view of an relationship (that you probably keep on going).

It find it funny how the album starts with Paper Love and it kinda reflects on me that moment of "Knowing someone" but not really knowing where it will be going but you make up assumptions and then it ends with "True Love is Violent" (which for me holds a really strong "double-innuendo" but...) that from certain point of view can be seen as like "we lived it all and we still together because love hurts but it's worth" type of thing.

Songs like Downtown really get also the seXual thing ("time of my life I just wanted to... be abused?") and... it just follows this line for me.  It's really about a relationship.

I think a lot of CLX I and CLX II follow the "same path" but the latter is extended and it makes it seem way more obvious. 

Prime and Lifted are really like connected songs, the thing about being "young & reckless" "Do it for fun" 

That's So Us & Sanctuary about this thing of feeling "safe & well" next to someone 

5 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Hattie, SlowGinFizzzz