Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Not here for drama or anything, I'll keep my visit short. Read at your own caution. Seriously.

I am serious. My opinions might spoil your experience. Go away.

Where to begin... The video is actually beautiful. Maybe I can even say one of her best. The problem starts with the songs... It just feels, bland. Lead single is a fresh air in terms of lyrics but the production on it (and the title track especially) feels uninspired. Lazy. It's not "wig snatching". It's just enjoyable and beautiful. That's all. I wish I could say I was slayed. I have so many mixed feelings. I never thought a title track could make me more disappointed though, I was crying by the time the chorus came in. Why Lana? It's just... Weak. It's enough to make me go crazy. I am not saying you will hate them, I promise you will like them, I like them... But they don't have the crazy replay value or the magic BTD and UV had. They just have the beautifulness of the, I guess maybe, untouchable 5 batch and a little of Honeymoon. Some drums, guitars, repetitiveness... Couldn't hear gigantic strings though which was unexpected knowing her. Oh and the album title. It's just bold but it's not related to her, I realized after listening to the title track. Lowkey iconic though. You go girl. Oh and we're breaking away from the 1 word album titles, this one has more. Yeaahh I talked way enough... I am just thinking now, what to say to her when we talk. I will always love her though, but I need a change. I want the magic back. Sorry.

Oh and if you think I'm lying after all this time, good luck trying to snatch that twitter, instagram, tumblr urls for the album title after it's announced.

Yours truly

I am absolutely CONVINCED I read this somewhere before, I do not at all remember where but I know I read this. Maybe discord or your tumblr idk. Anyways if this is the truth then I'm fucqing terrified for this era

ZKcaooE.png

i'm actually excited that the lyrics are something new,

for me lyrics are one of the most important parts of a song, especially lanas, that's why i loved gods and monsters so much..

I really hope new album is bringing HBTB and Freak vibes. I love these 2 songs, im kinda done with melancholic and sad Lana. I mean, tracks like Honeymoon, Fine China, Old Money are great but cmon.. Honeymoon (album) is full of slow and moody songs like HM, God knows i Tried, Terrence Loves You, Swan Song etc. Im proud to say that i enjoy "pop" side of Lana. #justice4hbtb

Everyone always sh!ts on her title tracks.. they're usually in my Top 3 faves of the album. :toofunny: :rip: :toofunny:

Thnx @Eclipse for sharing a bit, sucks you were disappointed. I love ~beautiful~ "boring" Lana songs though.. so I'm excited. :slayty:

14417469274.gif

i'm actually excited that the lyrics are something new,

for me lyrics are one of the most important parts of a song, especially lanas, that's why i loved gods and monsters so much..

gods and mobsters is the pits lyrically

Wyd

so guitars and drums, no strings, repetitive, has said the demos remind him of hm. God, this is gonna be a watered down UV

At least we are going to hear how UV would sound if Dan Auerbach had never came.  :toofunny:    But Im still pretty hyped for Emile´s tracks. 

I can feel how the excitement of this era will drop to 0 when she drops the lead single.. honestly ppl already say her music is boring when Lana fans say something is bland it has to be super bland for everybody else too. So she's neither gonna impress fans nor potential new fans this era? Truly iconic. Maybe some enya fans will jump on the Lana wagon tho.

i76mrxw.png 

At least we are going to hear how UV would sound if Dan Auerbach had never came.  :toofunny:    But Im still pretty hyped for Emile´s tracks. 

im sensing something more like Guns and Roses, which will honestly throw the fandom into a meltdown

queen of being a negative bîtch, who doesn't understand anything about music.

Gods and monsters was what originally made me stan, it wasn't Just the amazing songwriting but also the melody, it's so amazing. I hope we get songs with songwriting similar to paradise because imo that album has some of her best lyrics. On a side note the name of this thread is iconic

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m