Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I don't think I want to listen to the singles for LDR5, I think it'd be better to listen to the album all the way through without much context. I think I might still read your reactions

I did this with Honeymoon lol, but still bought the singles and streamed them on mute.

-----

NO STRINGS? YES! :defeated: :party:

Not here for drama or anything, I'll keep my visit short. Read at your own caution. Seriously.

I am serious. My opinions might spoil your experience. Go away.

Where to begin... The video is actually beautiful. Maybe I can even say one of her best. The problem starts with the songs... It just feels, bland. Lead single is a fresh air in terms of lyrics but the production on it (and the title track especially) feels uninspired. Lazy. It's not "wig snatching". It's just enjoyable and beautiful. That's all. I wish I could say I was slayed. I have so many mixed feelings. I never thought a title track could make me more disappointed though, I was crying by the time the chorus came in. Why Lana? It's just... Weak. It's enough to make me go crazy. I am not saying you will hate them, I promise you will like them, I like them... But they don't have the crazy replay value or the magic BTD and UV had. They just have the beautifulness of the, I guess maybe, untouchable 5 batch and a little of Honeymoon. Some drums, guitars, repetitiveness... Couldn't hear gigantic strings though which was unexpected knowing her. Oh and the album title. It's just bold but it's not related to her, I realized after listening to the title track. Lowkey iconic though. You go girl. Oh and we're breaking away from the 1 word album titles, this one has more. Yeaahh I talked way enough... I am just thinking now, what to say to her when we talk. I will always love her though, but I need a change. I want the magic back. Sorry.

Oh and if you think I'm lying after all this time, good luck trying to snatch that twitter, instagram, tumblr urls for the album title after it's announced.

Yours truly

Tbh I lowkey expected SoC/Brooklyn Baby level tracks and melodies but from this it sounds kind of lackluster. Lana's released works have always been on another level from her unreleased even Honeymoon so to hear they sound like the Untouchable 5 is kind of sad. Like I'm glad to listen to whatever she releases but I kind of expected more. She really needs to do away with Rick's production. They write great songs but his production is too minimal to give her songs the shine they need. Imagine if Dan didn't step in for UV, we would've gotten a stripped back SoC devoid of all the elements that make it the amazing track it is now. West Coast too. The production is everything on Ultraviolence. Heck, I feel like Honeymoon could've been taken to the next level if she found someone to inject a fresh sound into it.

Sigh. In the end she's the artist and it's her music but I just feel like there's so much wasted potential production-wise since Rick doesn't challenge Lana to explore other sounds like other producers.

I still have hope for Emile and possibly Justin Parker's tracks.

yeah this is pretty interesting tbh like it can't be uploaded to her vevo already and it's really unusual for a video to get traded around that wasn't even announced or teased yet. I imagine the effort someone has to put in to hack some random video director (we don't even know them yet) or someone else who's involved to get a huge video file is way harder than getting songs.

Yeah its crazy to think that someone hacked the video director or someone who has the video etc.

Lana must be so angry about this, I'm shocked she is being so nice in their DM's too eachother. 

qsVmBMd.png

the thing that worries me is that eclipse said the lead single isn't overwhelming AND that the title track is even more disappointing. I think we're heading into a black beauty demo / god knows i tried direction where there's no real diversity in the instrumental aka it's almost as if she's singing over an endless loop.

i76mrxw.png 

She needs electric guitar, her voice was made for it. UV had so much guitar and Blake is the god of guitar during her performances. I'm not expecting much electric guitar this time, but who knows.

I'm so excited I'll honestly love anything she releases

What are the Untouchable 5???

Hollywood/Angels Forever,Forever Angels/JFK/Starry Eyed/Black Beauty (Demo Version)

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Hollywood/Angels Forever,Forever Angels/JFK/Starry Eyed/Black Beauty (Demo Version)

:um2:  :um2:  :um2: only one i really like outta those and would wanna hear something similar to is Hollywood tbh and maybe starry eyed. AFFA is ok, i know its a fan fav but i find it kinda lackluster, along with JFK

I'm sorry but... Eclipse is the worst. First he hacks Lana's songs and basically manipulates her to talk to him so he wouldn't leak anything and now he has the audacity to say that the new songs are uninspired and weak smh... I can't even imagine how all of this has made her feel

TBH if we get piano + electric guitars + some strings in the background + interesting lyrics + good visuals + haynie + Parker + dreamy and beautiful melodies , we'll get the best era ever! I'd also love a production similar to the live version of Honeymoon (song).. So hyped!!

What are the Untouchable 5???

JFK, Starry Eyed, Angels Forever, Hollywood and Black Beauty. These all have replay value to this day and are absolutely gorgeous. The people who know of her unreleased leaks will eat it up. There's no way it's THAT bland, because isn't the version he has is a demo and she could have changed it up a bit?