Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I want two things from LDR4

• Brass
  • Drums

that could happen if she answered woodkid's text but he probably gave up on her already which is a shame bc i didn't like their video games duet but i'm sure they could do smth where they kinda "meet halfway" between both of their aesthetics.

i'm interested to see how heavy the beats are, too. remember when she described honeymoon as having "muddy trap" beats

i can't say anything about the trap thing but considering how muddy the beats sound and that they don't sound as rock-y as the ultraviolence ones she couldn't just say muddy bc everyone would expect smth along the lines of uv so she went with trap which can be very pop nowadays anyway.

it would be great if it's true that the label stands behind lana for the upcoming era because that would mean that lana has way more possibilities considering that the label usually has to approve and pay for whatever lana comes up with. comparing hello and lana is kinda meh bc on one hand adele is adele and she could have delivered a make you feel my love pt II and it would have been a hit considering HOW anticipated 25 was. the hype around the hello release just helped to hype the whole project even more. on the other though, hello sounds very lana-like (emile even lend adele his iconic loon) but i doubt that she'd go for such a bold sound nowadays, ldr5 is probably gonna sound more like when we were young. 

i76mrxw.png 

lana has had high budget videos for every single era except honeymoon, even ultraviolence

Born to Die had Blue Jeans, Born to Die (song) and National Anthem
paradise had Ride and Tropico

and even ultraviolence had the original uv video, shades of cool and the unedited version of west coast (featuring 'lots of heavy drug use') and the footage seen in the uv trailer

honeymoon was the exception really

Wy8jf2U.jpg

I'm not sure what you mean by HBTB being explicit when 95% of songs on the radio have sexual innuendos (even when it bleeps out bad words) current example: Side to Side by Ariana. HBTB is a Kidz Bops song compared to what plays on urban radio as well

It's labeled as explicit, and it's all about getting high. I don't know what you're radio stations are playing, but the ones in my area wouldn't dare play it. Like mine literally cut out the word sex in Ed Sheeran's one song. And innuendos are probably considered okay because kids don't notice them.

lana has had high budget videos for every single era except honeymoon, even ultraviolence

Born to Die had Blue Jeans, Born to Die (song) and National Anthem

paradise had Ride and Tropico

and even ultraviolence had the original uv video, shades of cool and the unedited version of west coast (featuring 'lots of heavy drug use') and the footage seen in the uv trailer

honeymoon was the exception really

Music to watch boys to??? 

god-damn.png

it was just her sitting on a lawn chair in black and white.

Still mad about this bc her outfit and set looked gorgeous in colour from all the photos we got and then she put an ugly black and white filter on it :air:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Interesting to note that Lana is listed on this casting website as a client  :flutter:  https://www.harlowecasting.com/clients/ 

The website's casting director is Kasia Szarek, the woman who posted the casting call for a new MV back in July-ish.

They also list their directors :teehee: basically, i've scrolled through the music videos list and almost all of the directors are listed on the website. That means, the director of Lana's new MV is likely on here too - im gonna search through their works and see how Lana-esque they are/the type of content they produce. Will be interesting to know, because directors massively influence how a music video turns out.

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

Interesting to note that Lana is listed on this casting website as a client :flutter: https://www.harlowecasting.com/clients/

The website's casting director is Kasia Szarek, the woman who posted the casting call for a new MV back in July-ish.

They also list their directors :teehee: basically, i've scrolled through the music videos list and almost all of the directors are listed on the website. That means, the director of Lana's new MV is likely on here too - im gonna search through their works and see how Lana-esque they are/the type of content they produce. Will be interesting to know, because directors massively influence how a music video turns out.

I clicked on the link and an error showed up :/

ynrsh.gif

Interesting to note that Lana is listed on this casting website as a client  :flutter:  https://www.harlowecasting.com/clients/ 

They also list their directors :teehee: basically, i've scrolled through the music videos list and almost all of the directors are listed on the website. That means, the director of Lana's new MV is likely on here too - im gonna search through their works and see how Lana-esque they are/the type of content they produce. Will be interesting to know, because directors massively influence how a music video turns out.

a more easy/hard path (idk) would be to google each artists name with every director to cancel names out and the director that remains without having worked with any of those artist would be Lana's director, since their video hasn't been made public. :teehee:

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

a more easy/hard path (idk) would be to google each artists name with every director to cancel names out and the director that remains without having worked with any of those artist would be Lana's director, since their video hasn't been made public. :teehee:

OMG clever

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif