Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Interesting to note that Lana is listed on this casting website as a client  :flutter:  https://www.harlowecasting.com/clients/ 

The website's casting director is Kasia Szarek, the woman who posted the casting call for a new MV back in July-ish.

They also list their directors :teehee: basically, i've scrolled through the music videos list and almost all of the directors are listed on the website. That means, the director of Lana's new MV is likely on here too - im gonna search through their works and see how Lana-esque they are/the type of content they produce. Will be interesting to know, because directors massively influence how a music video turns out.

These are the directors that haven't worked on music videos on the website:

Geoff Moore

Gus Black

Henning Winkelmann

Jesse Terrero

Neon Robotics

Nomads

Prad Sen

Rich Lee

Walu

(One of them could be Lanas)

Or none of them at all, the list of Directors could also just be a list of directors that have also booked actors for their music videos, just like Lana did, ofc the acting page could have listed both of them but still, it would be a little bit weird to do that

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

These are the directors that haven't worked on music videos on the website:

Geoff Moore

Gus Black

Henning Winkelmann

Jesse Terrero

Neon Robotics

Nomads

Prad Sen

Rich Lee

Victor Valerio

Walu

(One of them could be Lanas)

Victor Valerio directed a film https://www.harlowecasting.com/films/

So I guess that's another one down :oic2:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

It's labeled as explicit, and it's all about getting high. I don't know what you're radio stations are playing, but the ones in my area wouldn't dare play it. Like mine literally cut out the word sex in Ed Sheeran's one song. And innuendos are probably considered okay because kids don't notice them.

Thats nothing the radio stations in my town cut out the hand down my pants line in bruno mars lazy song but leave Binch and all the cursing in pink's songs like wtf

I will not Jodie Foster this kind of behavior  giphy.gif roivaheb fo dnik siht retsoF eidoJ ton lliw I 

even ultraviolence had the original uv video, shades of cool and the unedited version of west coast (featuring 'lots of heavy drug use') and the footage seen in the uv trailer

I'm still not over that

It's labeled as explicit, and it's all about getting high. I don't know what you're radio stations are playing, but the ones in my area wouldn't dare play it. Like mine literally cut out the word sex in Ed Sheeran's one song. And innuendos are probably considered okay because kids don't notice them.

Thats nothing the radio stations in my town cut out the hand down my pants line in bruno mars lazy song but leave Binch and all the cursing in pink's songs like wtf

LMAO where do y'all live? Would your radio stations really not play songs just because of bad words or some controversial lyrics even if the song is popular?  :toofunny:

I'm just imagining how weird clean versions of F*ck You and Hard Out Here by Lily Allen would sound.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I really, really wish Lana does an album that sounds like Ultraviolence (love that 70's rock atmosphere) and looks like a mix of BTD-Ultraviolence music videos.

Also, I hope the new album to include a song that sounds like Freak (luv that trap beats) and Salvatore (the bridge is freakin' amazing)

we need more Million Dollar Man-ish songs please  :flutter:

Yeeeeeeees, please please please.

original.gif

LMAO where do y'all live? Would your radio stations really not play songs just because of bad words or some controversial lyrics even if the song is popular?  :toofunny:

I'm just imagining how weird clean versions of F*ck You and Hard Out Here by Lily Allen would sound.

Fun fact: back when F*ck You was pretty popular, I heard a clean version of it on a French radio station. There was some sort of Tamagotchi-beep over EACH "F*ck". Sounded especially weird during the bridge

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Fun fact: back when F*ck You was pretty popular, I heard a clean version of it on a French radio station. There was some sort of Tamagotchi-beep over EACH "F*ck". Sounded especially weird during the bridge

OMG is it that one?  :toofunny:

This sounds just so wrong.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

See those songs don't even get played here in australia the only radio station that does is Triple J cause they are edgy as hell

I will not Jodie Foster this kind of behavior  giphy.gif roivaheb fo dnik siht retsoF eidoJ ton lliw I 

Interesting that she's had the lead single's video done for so long (if we assume it's the vid she shot in July). Has she ever waited this long to put something out before?

VyIsfwC.jpg