Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

If she does another amphitheater tour for this album it will be during the summer, it's too risky to do outdoor concerts in fall and winter because of weather. So if she doesn't do a summer amphitheater tour I guess she'll do an arena tour or tour in 2018 instead. (or just another festival tour but lets not consider that)

@theblackestday post 4326 in this silly thread-

Why would anyone want Lana to be Beyoncé?

Beyoncé is already Beyonce

then Beyoncé would say "Mimicking me's a f'ing bore, to me" but then Beyonce would be stealing from Lana wouldn't she?

perhaps this time Lorde could be, the way she was Lana last time

i didn't say i wanted lana to COPY beyonce. i want lana to TRY AS HARD ON HER CAREER AND PROMOTION as beyonce does. theres a big difference

a gif of Lemonade dribbling down the sides of her mouth instead of Kool aid?

Lana is not going for #singles.  Not that radio in the US would even touch a song like High by the Beach to begin with.

People seem to not have good memories

Radio didn't touch Video Games or Born to Die either.

It was only a fluke, an unexpected mix that led the Cedric version of Summertime Sadness (which cut out the message of the song)

Had radio realized the song was about suicide, they would not have played it.

Why does it seem like so many "fans" and I use that term lightly, don't seem to understand the concept to begin with?

You know and yes, here comes a Leonard Cohen analogy again- when I saw Leonard sing, you could hear a pin drop.

When he sang his songs, people listened to his words and didn't sing along.

All the kiddies yelling back the lyrics to her in concert, why should she even bother with a show, no one beyond the pit can even hear her

(I myself like the pit, but I don't attempt to get squeezed in at the stage, the back of the pit always leads to a great view and that is where you can find me

(for those that actually pay money to see shows, and I don't much like festivals. Too long, too hot, too crowded, no pit, bad sound, majority of anyones crowd is

not there to see that act.

Ya know what?
The Beatles stopped performing live early on just because of that reason. They gave up

You know what2?
Lana has been Lana now longer than the Beatles were an actual functioning group

and longer than Simon and Garfunkel were a working together team.

And Lana has been Lana longer than Bowie was Ziggy.

so pour me another glass of Lemonade

btw- you know how much it costs per day to be Beyoncé? That is why Beyoncé has to be "on" 250 days a year, to pay for the lifestyle.

See what I said a few posts back. Lana on a $ to $ spreadsheet is far more profitable with money in the bank.

and what is most unfortunate in the USA, every single day, Beyoncé and Jay-Z have got to watch out, because to a cop, they don't care if its Beyoncé or Jay-Z,

if you know what I mean.( #blacklivesmatter)

(and did you read the sheet that the Trumpkins gave Beyoncé when she showed up on the CMAs? Can't believe this was in 2016, seemed

to be in the 1950s. The USA sucks sometimes doesn't it?

I am quite content and happy with having new music each year,

when you think about it, when was the last time the Beatles released new stuff?

Remember when John was alive, it was a good 5 years he took off being a dad, and was just coming back when he was taken away from us.

Promo means nothing to me. Release the music, they can't take it out of YOUR hands, it is always there to enjoy, regardless of any video or promo or anything.
What really does promo add to anything at all in the enjoyment of music?

Same as a movie stars owes nothing more than being on screen once or twice a year nowadays.

And one almost never hears an author at all, yet one reads their books.

(How much promo does Stephen King do and he sold gadzillions of books to hundreds of millions of readers over the years.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

imagine if lana had beyonces work ethic and promo game

Are you insinuating that her motivation and dedication to her music is sub par to beyonces or in general? ha. mess.

Beyonce is a great example of taking a decently good singer who left a girl group and turning them into a success story by hiring the best innovative song writers stylists and pr personel all in the right time frame.    

Beyonce without all of that is just another singer.

Lana has been dedicated to this for 16 years pre fame and during and i took this very personally because the main reason i love lana is her dedication.  we all know why she isnt at the level of beyonces in the public eye because she does not fit the current trending mold. lana is a rare gift to this time in music because without her we wouldnt have a key female figure in the industry representing quality, lyricism, and melody. She also writes all her own music and doesn't need the fancy additives that beyonce needs like backup dancers (i felt like she had those two girls bc she was trying to keep up with trends, i hope she doesnt have them anymore) , big arenas, promo, because she as a whole is enough. She is a singer. not a performer. theres a difference. she doesnt need all that crap. she is everything she needs to  be. and sadly the majority of today's young audience (who based on analytics dominate the consumer rations in album sales via itunes and cds) do not understand her concepts and/or have no interest because they cant dance to it. 

@hangingatRubyTuesdays-

I think she put the two dancers in as an inside joke a wink wink in the same way she wrote the lyrics in  "Brooklyn Baby"

Lana is a singer, an artiste

I go to see her sing

I don't go to see her perform

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@hangingatRubyTuesdays-

I think she put the two dancers in as an inside joke a wink wink in the same way she wrote the lyrics in  "Brooklyn Baby"

I go to see her sing

you know that could be 

@hangingatRubyTuesdays-

I go to see her sing

Good luck with that, you won't hear anything at her concerts because everyone screams along like an idiot.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

@@Electric_body

I have been to about 15 shows and know that, but I block them out and just listen to her

at festivals though, it's hard to do

Springsteen handled that when he released his solo guitar & voice only somber work, but yelling at the audience to shut

up and listen to the words (he actually pre-announced it before tix went on sale warning people what they would see, so as not to expect the high powered EStreet band shows (and he played smaller places)

the other thing about shows is-

great/not great-

great is the one on one Lana gives to the biggest fans up front

not great is the ones who for whatever reason don't want to stand in places that have reserved seating and pit, is

while she is down there, no one else is involved in the show

Elton John (now, not back when he was the #1 rock person in the 70s), now he signs autographs from the stage

after either one or two songs in each set for about 10 minutes, but he is on stage and the entire crowd is able to see

(and he does it, now at age 69, to take a break instead of an intermission which he has none in a three hour show)

as said, it is why the Beatles stopped doing live shows, they couldn't hear themselves sing with the crowd screaming

and singing so they chucked it and went to the studio and created masterpieces like Lana does.

The effort you put into your post is awesome. You are dedicated and its admirable. You dont flip flop. I respect that

@@Electric_body

I have been to about 15 shows and know that, but I block them out and just listen to her

at festivals though, it's hard to do

Springsteen handled that when he released his solo guitar & voice only somber work, but yelling at the audience to shut

up and listen to the words (he actually pre-announced it before tix went on sale warning people what they would see, so as not to expect the high powered EStreet band shows (and he played smaller places)

the other thing about shows is-

great/not great-

great is the one on one Lana gives to the biggest fans up front

not great is the ones who for whatever reason don't want to stand in places that have reserved seating and pit, is

while she is down there, no one else is involved in the show

Elton John (now, not back when he was the #1 rock person in the 70s), now he signs autographs from the stage

after either one or two songs in each set for about 10 minutes, but he is on stage and the entire crowd is able to see

(and he does it, now at age 69, to take a break instead of an intermission which he has none in a three hour show)

as said, it is why the Beatles stopped doing live shows, they couldn't hear themselves sing with the crowd screaming

and singing so they chucked it and went to the studio and created masterpieces like Lana does.

a gif of Lemonade dribbling down the sides of her mouth instead of Kool aid?

Lana is not going for #singles. Not that radio in the US would even touch a song like High by the Beach to begin with.

People seem to not have good memories

Radio didn't touch Video Games or Born to Die either.

It was only a fluke, an unexpected mix that led the Cedric version of Summertime Sadness (which cut out the message of the song)

Had radio realized the song was about suicide, they would not have played it.

Why does it seem like so many "fans" and I use that term lightly, don't seem to understand the concept to begin with?

You know and yes, here comes a Leonard Cohen analogy again- when I saw Leonard sing, you could hear a pin drop.

When he sang his songs, people listened to his words and didn't sing along.

All the kiddies yelling back the lyrics to her in concert, why should she even bother with a show, no one beyond the pit can even hear her

(I myself like the pit, but I don't attempt to get squeezed in at the stage, the back of the pit always leads to a great view and that is where you can find me

(for those that actually pay money to see shows, and I don't much like festivals. Too long, too hot, too crowded, no pit, bad sound, majority of anyones crowd is

not there to see that act.

Ya know what?

The Beatles stopped performing live early on just because of that reason. They gave up

You know what2?

Lana has been Lana now longer than the Beatles were an actual functioning group

and longer than Simon and Garfunkel were a working together team.

And Lana has been Lana longer than Bowie was Ziggy.

so pour me another glass of Lemonade

btw- you know how much it costs per day to be Beyoncé? That is why Beyoncé has to be "on" 250 days a year, to pay for the lifestyle.

See what I said a few posts back. Lana on a $ to $ spreadsheet is far more profitable with money in the bank.

and what is most unfortunate in the USA, every single day, Beyoncé and Jay-Z have got to watch out, because to a cop, they don't care if its Beyoncé or Jay-Z,

if you know what I mean.( #blacklivesmatter)

(and did you read the sheet that the Trumpkins gave Beyoncé when she showed up on the CMAs? Can't believe this was in 2016, seemed

to be in the 1950s. The USA sucks sometimes doesn't it?

I am quite content and happy with having new music each year,

when you think about it, when was the last time the Beatles released new stuff?

Remember when John was alive, it was a good 5 years he took off being a dad, and was just coming back when he was taken away from us.

Promo means nothing to me. Release the music, they can't take it out of YOUR hands, it is always there to enjoy, regardless of any video or promo or anything.

What really does promo add to anything at all in the enjoyment of music?

Same as a movie stars owes nothing more than being on screen once or twice a year nowadays.

And one almost never hears an author at all, yet one reads their books.

(How much promo does Stephen King do and he sold gadzillions of books to hundreds of millions of readers over the years.

i only read the first paragraph cause you wrote too much. stop twisting my words. i never said anything about pop radio singles. plain and simple, i said i wish lana had beyonces WORK ETHIC as in i wish she tried as hard as beyonce on her job and PROMO GAME as in beyonce knows how to promote herself. God, i know youre delusional but stop saying i said something when i clearly didnt

what is with people here always twisting my words? i go back and read my latest posts on this thread and theyre pretty clear. i think you think way too much into it

i only read the first paragraph cause you wrote too much. stop twisting my words. i never said anything about pop radio singles. plain and simple, i said i wish lana had beyonces WORK ETHIC as in i wish she tried as hard as beyonce on her job and PROMO GAME as in beyonce knows how to promote herself. God, i know youre delusional but stop saying i said something when i clearly didnt

what is with people here always twisting my words? i go back and read my latest posts on this thread and theyre pretty clear. i think you think way too much into it

I think it's because one doesn't understand how anyone else make think  :headache:

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

my post 4331 is mostly general, though the first sentence in the post you highlight is the important one in reference to your remarks

(Perhaps I should have made that one post, then the rest another).

the other is answers to assorted posts, not necessarily your, but I can't block quote for whatever reason so it gets complicated

and to add- I admire Beyoncé and what she has achieved and nowhere have I put her down, wanna be clear about that, so it doesn't get lost in others putting her down.

I admire she showed up on the CMA's in Nashville (and got a standing ovation from the stars in the audience).

that said, I will also add-

Lana could easily come up with a lot of #1 country written singles if she cared to do so (I have said this before). Her lyrics would fit in with some of the mega-artists

(and perhaps do a quasi-duet version too with them).

She already played the Ryman and Dan himself lives in Nashville. In a way, they could "take over" the Opry (this goes back to my Gram Parsons/Emmylou Harris post)

Eric Church named dropped Springsteen, one of them could easily name drop Lana (though I don't think Interscope has any country artists, do they?
What affiliate would they use that might?)

I would tell Lana to look at Matraca Berg's career in Nashville.

and then look at some of the current songwriters who place songs for big current artists.

Miranda Lambert or Carrie Underwood two females that come to mind that would be perfect to sing one of her songs

can anyone imagine Garth, who himself has revolutionized in his own way doing whatever it is he pleases to do, and being a major liberal at that, in an industry that doesn't much like that, though hedid so after he stopped courting the limited country stations, yet he just won entertainer of the year, didn't he,   singing Yayo?

but perhaps Sam Hunt?

The Blackest Day didn't even question Lana's devotion to her music? I'm sure she's still devoted to her work (she seemed pretty proud when she posted that instagram post) but she's clearly not as motivated at putting it and herself out there as she used to be (otherwise she would have done more than the uo thing and some festivals only..)

oh i forgot she also did the live lounge which is the only recorded live performances we've got within the last year(s) ? queen of bubbling under anyone's radar.

i76mrxw.png 

Are you insinuating that her motivation and dedication to her music is sub par to beyonces or in general? ha. mess.

Beyonce is a great example of taking a decently good singer who left a girl group and turning them into a success story by hiring the best innovative song writers stylists and pr personel all in the right time frame.

Beyonce without all of that is just another singer.

Lana has been dedicated to this for 16 years pre fame and during and i took this very personally because the main reason i love lana is her dedication. we all know why she isnt at the level of beyonces in the public eye because she does not fit the current trending mold. lana is a rare gift to this time in music because without her we wouldnt have a key female figure in the industry representing quality, lyricism, and melody. She also writes all her own music and doesn't need the fancy additives that beyonce needs like backup dancers (i felt like she had those two girls bc she was trying to keep up with trends, i hope she doesnt have them anymore) , big arenas, promo, because she as a whole is enough. She is a singer. not a performer. theres a difference. she doesnt need all that crap. she is everything she needs to be. and sadly the majority of today's young audience (who based on analytics dominate the consumer rations in album sales via itunes and cds) do not understand her concepts and/or have no interest because they cant dance to it.

Facts. Closed

imagine if lana had beyonces work ethic and promo game

where in this did i say i wish lana sang in huge arenas? where in this did i say i wish lana sang huge singles like Single Ladies? where in this did i say lana needs to be a mainstream success? Please, let me know because I don't know where yall are getting everything youre saying i said

People need to stop attacking @graham 's opinions. Additionally, certain people here need to learn differentiating between stating general opinions and attacking people personally.

Apparently, some can't handle discussing rationally. It always ends up with personal attacks.

People need to stop attacking @graham 's opinions. Additionally, certain people here need to learn differentiating between stating general opinions and attacking people personally.

Apparently, some can't handle discussing rationally. It always ends up with personal attacks.

@ me next time hoe.

he wasnt stating an opinion btw. he was TELLING ME that i said "I wish lana was beyonce and had beyonces songs and arenas"