Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I sorta agree, but we really know next to nothing - imagine the rush when she actually announces the lead? The title? The artwork? Which direction she'll take, the visuals, the sound

It's been so long, but I know once she takes the plunge, everything will be new and exciting once again :justride2:

Sue jan... Katy is taking 4 years and the album is not finished yet byeee 

Queen is coming.

She's bff with jimmy ivoine.

That Apple Music promo (ala Halsey) is coming.

Still remember the days when Apple Music spam "New Americano" evey hour.

well, she did an interview back then when hbtb was released and have they played hbtb a lot? doubtful.

She's bff with jimmy ivoine.

Maybe he gives her seven million dollars. They make the record and everyone downloads it for free.

Meanwhile, she moves to South Africa and never gives it back.

KaUp1u5.png

Am I the only one that thinks "Beautiful As Roses" is an one of the worst ideas for a title??  :whoopi:  Praying it's fake  :pray2:

Beautiful as Roses sounds super fake... Lana's always had an aesthetic where those words were used but she always has album titles we could never make up just knowing Lana Buzzwords 

Am I the only one that thinks "Beautiful As Roses" is an one of the worst ideas for a title??  :whoopi:  Praying it's fake  :pray2:

It is fake, someone made it up in the YAIL registration thread and someone else even replied saying it would be funny to pretend it's real and then everyone just kept repeating it over and over. So yeah, it's fake. Thank god because it would be a really bland and uninspired title.

Where did the BAR thing come from though? Is it legit that those are initials for the album?

LIZARD PEOPLE

It is fake, someone made it up in the YAIL registration thread and someone else even replied saying it would be funny to pretend it's real and then everyone just kept repeating it over and over. So yeah, it's fake. Thank god because it would be a really bland and uninspired title.

Where did the BAR thing come from though? Is it legit that those are initials for the album?

someone claimed to be the initial of the name of the latest LDR project... (should be in the YAIL thread)

but eclipse kind of denied it!? 

tho it helps us to pass some time :creep:

giphy.gif

Beautiful as Roses sounds super fake... Lana's always had an aesthetic where those words were used but she always has album titles we could never make up just knowing Lana Buzzwords 

This is absolutely true.

I wonder if they're going to use the shoot she did with Nicole last year for the album's promo campaign.

It honestly feels to me like they've had this era finished for a long time they've just been waiting for an opportune time to release :toofunny:

It worries me ... if Lana had the single finished by May of 2016 (going by when the casting call went up for the video) that's only a measly 8 months after Honeymoon, and the song itself is probably from the batch she recorded in January.

It doesn't seem organic to me. Perhaps it is, but I feel like the girl needs to give herself time to enjoy life and find inspiration. It's all reflected in the work, and Honeymoon was not inspired. This is why I would not be upset if we didn't see an album out till late 2017, early 2018 tbh

VyIsfwC.jpg

I wonder if they're going to use the shoot she did with Nicole last year for the album's promo campaign.

It honestly feels to me like they've had this era finished for a long time they're just waiting for an opportune time to release :toofunny:

It worries me ... if Lana had the single finished by May of 2016 (going by when the casting call went up for the video) that's only a measly 8 months after Honeymoon, and the song itself is probably from the batch she recorded in January.

It doesn't seem organic to me. Perhaps it is, but I feel like the girl needs to give herself time to enjoy life and find inspiration. It's all reflected in the work, and Honeymoon was not inspired. This is why I would not be upset if we didn't see an album out till late 2017, early 2018 tbh

Honestly, 8 months is definitely long enough to gain new experiences and tastes that can be reflected in the music

And that's just the lead single, we know she's been in studios till late last year, and she was likely working on new songs throughout summer/autumn 2016

The only reason we call HM uninspired is because it seems so slow and samey in tempo (but there is truly a diversity in sound). If this new album can deliver on the passion, then we're in for the usual greatness. Besides, every album she puts out is always different, in some way, to the ones before

I have faith in Lana

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

Literally Paradise and Ultraviolence

The former is tattooed on her hand :toofunny:

Paradise yeah, but "ultraviolence" was not really a lana-ism, and even now it's not really, it's just that we associate it with her

Its a standout word in Hundred Dollar Bill so its as associated with her as any other concept she co-opts. Plenty of users called themselves "UltraviolentSwing" etc from 2012 and she talked about always wanting to name a record "Ultraviolence" when she first started interviews for the album. Not that anyone guessed she'd use it then but it didn't come out of nowhere.

Okay but "I love your ultraviolent swing"

also @Trash Magic predicting The Other Woman

and me predicting (B)roken (a)nd ®epaired 30 pages ago :creepna2:

VyIsfwC.jpg

Literally Paradise and Ultraviolence

The former is tattooed on her hand :toofunny:

I think using a word once in a catalogue of hundreds of unreleased songs doesn't really make it a lanaism, and when she used paradise nothing had been leaked yet so it hadn't been beaten to death. Even still paradise is one song name, think of how many times roses and beautiful are used they are so completely played out.