Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

So as eclipse said on Twitter we still have to wait a while for a proper release, I guess this could mean like March/April :um2:

That's pretty good even tho i was expecting to hear it in February, what do you all think ? Isn't there a higher risk of it leaking since it's already in the hands of multiple people ?

giphy.gif

So as eclipse said on Twitter we still have to wait a while for a proper release, I guess this could mean like March/April :um2:

That's pretty good even tho i was expecting to hear it in February, what do you all think ? Isn't there a higher risk of it leaking since it's already in the hands of multiple people ?

I strongly believe it'll be released middle-March.

As of the leaking risk, I'm crossing my fingers hoping it won't happen.

I would love if she finished the new album with a cover of "Who Knows Where the Time Goes". I think this tradition of ending every album with a different cover is very beautiful, as a tribute to artists who have influenced her and who she feels connected to, through the lyrics. I have never seen another artist do it, it's very personal. Besides "Who Knows Where the Time Goes" being a delicate song, its lyrics remind me Lana a lot, like something she would have written.

Nina's voice in it is also not so high-pitched; it's really calm and rubbish, so it would probably be easier to Lana to achieve a good sound in it. I personally prefer her voice when she sings low-key (like the fist verses in Money Power Glory, for instance). And I think it would fit perfectly as a closure to an album.

Here's the link for those who don't know the song:

Oh please no more Nina covers, she is a legend and even tho Lana's renditions are pretty good she will never give full justice to her incredible voice + she should cover someone else, personally i would love a folk song, maybe Bob Dylan

giphy.gif

Oh please no more Nina covers, she is a legend and even tho Lana's renditions are pretty good she will never give full justice to her incredible voice + she should cover someone else, personally i would love a folk song, maybe Bob Dylan

I don't know Bob Dylan's work! Could you share some song links?

I just wish she would continue the covers tradition, I really think it's a beuatiful way to finish her records (and by far I have loved the two covers she already putted ou on UV and HM), besides it's a personal legacy. I haven't seen other artists do it sequencially like she's been doing.

I don't know Bob Dylan's work! Could you share some song links?

I just wish she would continue the covers tradition, I really think it's a beuatiful way to finish her records (and by far I have loved the two covers she already putted ou on UV and HM), besides it's a personal legacy. I haven't seen other artists do it sequencially like she's been doing.

yeah i think a cover is a really great way to finish the album, but please no more nina..

we need another legendary cover like 'chelsea hotel no2' :icant:

Why do people always want material we already have to be on the new album (fine china on LDR5, serial killer on HM) like we already have those tracks we could have something different that would be equally amazing

Because some people (myself included) prefer an official release. I'm not a fan of lossy digital music and I prefer to have my music in cd format. Then if I want digital, I can make a lossless copy of it. I wouldn't call leaked songs "material we already have", plus most of the people who are going to buy her next album have probably not heard those.

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

Because some people (myself included) prefer an official release. I'm not a fan of lossy digital music and I prefer to have my music in cd format. Then if I want digital, I can make a lossless copy of it. I wouldn't call leaked songs "material we already have", plus most of the people who are going to buy her next album have probably not heard those.

You can discuss this as much as you want and give valid points as to why you want an official release, but at the end of the day it won't change the fact that it never happens.

If she didn't see it as fit to put it on the album (Fine China on UV, Serial Killer on BTD etc.) then she would never even consider putting them on a brand new record.

Fans were so crazy about wanting Black Beauty on UV so it got the deluxe treatment with some drums added, was it that worth it? We could have got something else, for example ACCORDING TO ALL KNOWN LAWS OF AVIATION THERE IS NO WAY A BEE SHOULD BE ABLE TO FLY or whatever else she and her label would deem appropriate. Instead Black Beauty took space.

There's a limit on the number of tracks that you could put on an album and it's really not wise to fill it up with old unreleased content that we actually do have.

Instead, she could make an album full of unreleased and release it digitally, maybe even limited physical copies for the fans. But knowing how she feels about her old songs, you are in bad luck with those lossless copies you speak of my friend.

tl;dr It's not happening. Even if we want.

What the hell is 'ACCORDING TO ALL KNOWN LAWS OF AVIATION THERE IS NO WAY A BEE SHOULD BE ABLE TO FLY' is it LanaBoards censoring some title ??

giphy.gif

You can discuss this as much as you want and give valid points as to why you want an official release, but at the end of the day it won't change the fact that it never happens.

If she didn't see it as fit to put it on the album (Fine China on UV, Serial Killer on BTD etc.) then she would never even consider putting them on a brand new record.

Fans were so crazy about wanting Black Beauty on UV so it got the deluxe treatment with some drums added, was it that worth it? We could have got something else, for example ACCORDING TO ALL KNOWN LAWS OF AVIATION THERE IS NO WAY A BEE SHOULD BE ABLE TO FLY or whatever else she and her label would deem appropriate. Instead Black Beauty took space.

There's a limit on the number of tracks that you could put on an album and it's really not wise to fill it up with old unreleased content that we actually do have.

Instead, she could make an album full of unreleased and release it digitally, maybe even limited physical copies for the fans. But knowing how she feels about her old songs, you are in bad luck with those lossless copies you speak of my friend.

Okay obviously Black Beauty wasn't added as a bonus track just because fans wanted it. It was added as a bonus track because it was intended as a single from the original album and because it - apparently - was very important to Lana, she even said she had ideas for a music video for it.

What the hell is 'ACCORDING TO ALL KNOWN LAWS OF AVIATION THERE IS NO WAY A BEE SHOULD BE ABLE TO FLY' is it LanaBoards censoring some title ??

Yeah... the title Your.Girl is censored because everybody was asking for it.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

hate yayo and black beauty all you want but i'm sure lana didn't put them on the albums just bc "fans demanded it". bb was intended for uv so even though she scrapped the original concept she still found a spot for it on the deluxe and she clearly thought yayo would fit the narrative of paradise.

i76mrxw.png 

yeah i think a cover is a really great way to finish the album, but please no more nina..

we need another legendary cover like 'chelsea hotel no2' :icant:

I don't mind her covers, especially Summer Wine and Chelsea Hotel No. 2 are really good, but I'd rather she just put them on YouTube and not on her albums.  :tsk:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

If she never releases them I'm not going to be crying about it. As long as she keeps making music, she can release whatever she wants and I'll buy it.

I only stated my opinion on why I would prefer an official release of some of her leaked songs. By the way, "Black Beauty" is probably one of her best songs ever in my opinion, so I'm glad she decided to include it in the deluxe version.

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

I don't mind her covers, especially Summer Wine and Chelsea Hotel No. 2 are really good, but I'd rather she just put them on YouTube and not on her albums.  :tsk:

i like these two and goodbye kiss better than the covers on her albums.. blue velvet was cute and it screamed lana but her nina covers are youtube worthy at its best. i'd rather have a ldr original instead.

i76mrxw.png 

By the way, "Black Beauty" is probably one of her best songs ever in my opinion, so I'm glad she decided to include it in the deluxe version.

I might be wrong about this, but wasn't it her label that chose the songs for the deluxe version, and not her?

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I might be wrong about this, but wasn't it her label that chose the songs for the deluxe version, and not her?

I wouldn't be able to tell you about that. To me, it doesn't matter who decided it. I love all the songs included.

i think it was btd bc lana wanted without you on the standard but they didn't. 

i76mrxw.png 

i think it was btd bc lana wanted without you on the standard but they didn't. 

No it's true. Lana didn't want any bonus tracks but for some reason her label thought the album would be easier to sell with a deluxe edition.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

No it's true. Lana didn't want any bonus tracks but for some reason her label thought the album would be easier to sell with a deluxe edition.

Thanks for clearing this up! :)

Well they were kinda right. I bought the standard edition and the deluxe edition. :toofunny:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

It's not really very exciting though. And i don't think it's something Lana would ever do. She's put the past behind her. Her unreleased songs are absaloutely iconic and what makes them so great it the fact that they're unreleased. It's like our little secret. It makes them mysterious. I think she should just focus on new material only. And as for covers, i would rather her not do a cover for the album. I'd like it to be 100% Lana's.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e