Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I really liked Born to Die and Paradise, wasn't a fan of Ultraviolence but it grew on me - i just wanted another Born To Die, and the same with Honeymoon, except Honeymoon quickly grew equal favourite to Born to Die - its a masterpiece. I'm sad the era might be ending, especially considering we haven't even heard most of it live. I'd be down for a Honeymoon re-release like BTD the Paradise edition.

How can you be sad the era ends when there was nothing really happening in it for like half a year?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

How can you be sad the era ends when there was nothing really happening in it for like half a year?

Because its such a good good album and I've been holding out for a tour or something! Dying to hear the Blackest Day live :'( 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

I really liked Born to Die and Paradise, wasn't a fan of Ultraviolence but it grew on me - i just wanted another Born To Die, and the same with Honeymoon, except Honeymoon quickly grew equal favourite to Born to Die - its a masterpiece. I'm sad the era might be ending, especially considering we haven't even heard most of it live. I'd be down for a Honeymoon re-release like BTD the Paradise edition. 

we never heard most of the UV songs live too.

Mfhp.gif

we never heard most of the UV songs live too.

To be fair we've heard a fair amount of UV LIve

As far as I'm aware, we've heard these live: 

- Cruel World

- Ultraviolence

- Shades of Cool 

- Brooklyn Baby 

- West Coast 

- Money Power Glory 

- F*** my way up to the top 

- Old Money 

- Florida Kilos 

From Honeymoon, we've heard: 

- Honeymoon

- Terrence Loves You 

- High by the beach 

- Freak 

- A tiny bit of Salvatore  

So 9 songs vs 4.5 (if I'm generous) songs. Plus I much prefer Honeymoon to UV which is why I'm more disappointed :P

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

We need a rock album from her-lets face it she doesn't have a jazz voice but have you heard the rock version of Yayo live it's perfect

I know uv was rock but I'd like a nirvana grunge album

OH YES!

She killed this performance. I want her to record a song like that.

Mfhp.gif

Please God no xmas songs.

I would love it if she did a beautiful version of Silent Night. There could be a video with the Muppets. It's Christmas eve and all the Muppets are shown sleeping in one big room with a Christmas tree. Through the window you see Lana peek in. She quietly opens the door and slips in to drop some presents under the tree. A few Muppets wake up and start crying just at the site of her. A few more wake up and she tries to keep them quiet as they ask her to sing. She breaks in to a beautiful Silent Night and as more Muppets wake up they all start crying! Destined to become a Christmas classic!!

I would love it if she did a beautiful version of Silent Night. There could be a video with the Muppets. It's Christmas eve and all the Muppets are shown sleeping in one big room with a Christmas tree. Through the window you see Lana peek in. She quietly opens the door and slips in to drop some presents under the tree. A few Muppets wake up and start crying just at the site of her. A few more wake up and she tries to keep them quiet as they ask her to sing. She breaks in to a beautiful Silent Night and as more Muppets wake up they all start crying! Destined to become a Christmas classic!!

oh myGOD

Interscope Records follows Mike Adam on Twitter.  :hdu:

qxVkg7C.png

UM SHIT

OH YES!

She killed this performance. I want her to record a song like that.

YES GOD 

Please no cover this time. i'm not against her covering songs, the paradise era had 3 covers and the ones she performed during her tour. the difference was that blue velvet was somehow good and it was a "promo" single because her h&m campaign was all over europe for a few weeks (idk about america), the other covers were youtube/vevo specials so it was nice to have them as an addition but they didn't waste any space on the actual album.

if the other woman and don't let me be misunderstood were youtube covers i'd have nothing against them but especially the latter seems kind of odd on the album.

we also need some good videos and photoshoots again, she doesn't need to hop from tv show to tv show but a few performances here and there wouldn't hurt either (and a bbc live lounge since they are gold.. but with a video and a nice cover again please  :creep:

i76mrxw.png 

Ok so way back in June I briefly spoke with Eclipse about the 2016 demos. He gave me a list of the instruments, not too different from the list we have now, but I'll write it anyway:

"brass, strings, synth, autoharp, guitar, piano, optigon, pump organ

are some"

- Eclipse

I asked if it was cinematic, he said yes. I asked if it was slow, like Honeymoon the song, he said yes.

When I asked about whether he knew which producers she was working with, he said "yes and no".

And these demos were recorded early in the year.

First things first, I'm not sure what to make of the instruments - pump organ? Has she ever had one of these in a song? And to be honest, I can't form an opinion on the instruments cos I don't know what they are or what they sound like :toofunny:

Secondly, "earlier this year", "cinematic", "like HM" , the fact that he is unsure of which producers she is working with - this all just points towards the idea that these were verrryyy early demos, so it makes sense they would be in the vein of Honeymoon. Lanas sound may have definitely evolved in the time between early to late 2016. Along with the input of varied producers, which I hope is true seeing as she's been spotted many times with Emile and Jonathan.

Aside from this, the casting call for her MV asked for a piano and guitar player. This is pretty strongly indicative that one of her new songs is piano/guitar led, or has a strong presence of these instruments. That, along with the 70s descriptions, "young girls with style", skateboarders - it honestly sounds like a very chill song, different from Honeymoon's languid strings and slow delivery.

"vintage kids"? Maybe with themes of an old, past generation of youth. I actually believe this new album will be different to our expectations. She will take the subversive road (#SR :toofunny:)

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

if the other woman and don't let me be misunderstood were youtube covers i'd have nothing against them but especially the latter seems kind of odd on the album.

I know, slightly off-topic, but does anybody have an idea how many songs she wrote for Ultraviolence and Honeymoon, respectively (including those that didn't end up on the album)?

We know she wrote tons of songs for Born To Die (all the leaked ones from 2010 and 2011, maybe even earlier ones), but considering the short time in which Honeymoon was finished and the fact we don't know about songs that didn't make the cut (like Angels Forever for Ultraviolence; or even just the title of songs that were scrapped unless I missed something lol), I wouldn't be surprised if she just used Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood and Burnt Norton to get enough songs for the album, to be honest.  :toofunny:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I'm so here for autoharp and especially pump organ. I would live for some Nico vibes.

I know, slightly off-topic, but does anybody have an idea how many songs she wrote for Ultraviolence and Honeymoon, respectively (including those that didn't end up on the album)?

We know she wrote tons of songs for Born To Die (all the leaked ones from 2010 and 2011, maybe even earlier ones), but considering the short time in which Honeymoon was finished and the fact we don't know about songs that didn't make the cut (like Angels Forever for Ultraviolence; or even just the title of songs that were scrapped unless I missed something lol), I wouldn't be surprised if she just used Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood and Burnt Norton to get enough songs for the album, to be honest.  :toofunny:

Okay but Honeymoon is over an hour long. It would make absolutely no sense to add 4 extra minutes just for the sake of it.

I AM MY ONLY GOD