Jack

Melanie Martinez

When all this shit first started happening, I remember seeing a lot of comments from people (on insta and youtube) recommending new artists to listen to instead, and I was like COOL, but then I saw people replying that it wasnt the right time to promote artists when this was serious and very sensitive to rape victims, and I agreed, but I feel like now it should be okay? It's calmed down since then so :) I like that song you posted! So I will look into her.

I also want to make a recommendation to those fans who liked the creepy lyrical side of Melanie, and also the music-box sounds. 

I've been listening to this band called The Birthday Massacre for 8 years now and they still remain a favourite. They are the reason I liked Melanies music in the first place cause Melanie was like a pop version of their songs. 

Their genre is synth-rock/electronic rock but they are much more diverse than that imo.

They sing a lot about creepy stories, fantasy, mental illness, how messed up society is, etc.

The only other person I know of on here who knows them is the one and only @, so you know it's good taste when this queen approves  :hooker:

Here's a song which lyrics remind me of Tag You're It, and Milk and Cookies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qJcp9VcCSw

And heres one which is more upbeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3TJEA3IiEw

And here's a softer one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuYhXgswSi4

Honestly, anything by the Birthday Massacre is underrated af. This is a good substitution for Melanie's music tbh.

Thank u for the mention queen. :kiss:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Honestly nobody needs replacement for Melanie, people that were staning her will still stan her, I mean people that never staned her are coming to this thread just to talk shit about Melanie, the exact same people that were saying that Melanie is trash way before the rape accusation happened, they were just waiting for the opportunity, so ya'll can keep Billie and other ugly try hard trash 'cause they either follow the trends or they are just shamelessly copying shit like Halsey, Melanie invented her sound and style and that was not here before her

I also stan Kerli, and I also know she’s changed her style (she’s actually not edm anymore either). But when I first seen and heard Melanie’s music and image I immediately thought of Kerli. Other people in the comments also noted that the style is similar. Kerli may have changed sounds and image but just Walking On Air alone has similarities to Melanie’s style imo. Not trying to say Melanie copied or got inspiration ^^; Just think she didn’t create her sound or image as I’ve heard artists do the Lolita/creepy thing. Not so much the baby thing though lol :D

[flash=]

IMO I don’t think she invented her sound or style...

I thought this too xx  Its similar style/uniqueness/vibes. Everyone you can argue that no one had the sound that Melanie has had, but that's not the point, its still what it reminds us of! 

This is nothing like Melanie, I stanned Kerli

they are nothing alike, Kerli is bubblegum rave and she totally changed her sound to fucking EDM

You can't say this instrumental isn't totally something that would be on Crybaby

Also, like I said before I stanned Melanie before these allegations, I even met her and have art I've made of her. I'm just not delusional enough to keep supporting her after this, it goes against what i believe in.

You can't say this instrumental isn't totally something that would be on Crybaby

Also, like I said before I stanned Melanie before these allegations, I even met her and have art I've made of her. I'm just not delusional enough to keep supporting her after this, it goes against what i believe in.

it's really bad lyrically tbh even worse than Mel and this girls visuals are horrific like a MySpace scene melanie to me atleast

it's really bad lyrically tbh even worse than Mel and this girls visuals are horrific like a MySpace scene melanie to me atleast

Well to be fair that song is actually pretty old and came out during the MySpace scene queen Hot Topic era

Well to be fair that song is actually pretty old and came out during the MySpace scene queen Hot Topic era

I admit it is kinda catchy if you ignore the repetition of creepy and can see Melanie making this song if she was old enough during the scene era

asdfghjk i literally cannot believe people are believing mel just because she said "my fans did the research lol isn't that proof enough!?"

she should probably try to give her OWN proof or give the story from HER perspective like.....

half of the fans that did "research" were wrong about things too. this is another stupid statement just like her first one.

9ISvyf0.gif

asdfghjk i literally cannot believe people are believing mel just because she said "my fans did the research lol isn't that proof enough!?"

she should probably try to give her OWN proof or give the story from HER perspective like.....

half of the fans that did "research" were wrong about things too. this is another stupid statement just like her first one.

her fans research were literally about WIGS 

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

Honestly nobody needs replacement for Melanie, people that were staning her will still stan her, I mean people that never staned her are coming to this thread just to talk shit about Melanie, the exact same people that were saying that Melanie is trash way before the rape accusation happened, they were just waiting for the opportunity, so ya'll can keep Billie and other ugly try hard trash 'cause they either follow the trends or they are just shamelessly copying shit like Halsey, Melanie invented her sound and style and that was not here before her

Also a lot of people will just separate the art form the artist. There are tons of writers, musicians, artist in general that are known for being 'problematic' (I'm using this as an umbrella term). Granted I think a lot Melanie fans are in it for more than just the art; there in it for her and her image which have been tainted by recent events. Who knows!

her fans research were literally about WIGS 

LMAO, and even still, they were just people who completely disregarded the terrible effects of mental illness and self-doubt that Timothy has gone through, and just wanted to prove that they can still like their #fave and call themselves stupid little #crybabies without feeling like a bad person 

:awk:

i see that some people continue to comment on this thread only to say nothing at all 

Exactly. The statement would make a bit more sense if Melanie had said that she never had any sexual relations with Tim and that she doesn't know what she's talking about,  but like said before that's not even the case. In the wake of people coming out and talking more freely about sexual assault in the media (and actually being listened for once); false accusations are a huge step back and a moral no-no, you'd think Melanie would be outraged about it, condemn people who do this because they do a great disservice to actual victims and would state her case telling what really happened. It's been almost a week and this is the best she could come up with as a defense? It's like she's not taking it seriously. I hate to repeat myself but she admitted she was there, her fans were not and don't even know her and she thinks their ramblings towards building an ""alibi"" are enough for her. And cherry on top Timothy needs a healer in her books. 

Even if there's a chance Melanie is innocent in this case she just comes across as being so fucking dense. She's crossed the limit where stupidity and aloofness becomes annoying and dangerously inappropriate. I'm curious to know if she's consulted with a lawyer and/or a publicist.  And Timothy also comes off as emotionally immature and she seriously needs therapy. People use it and her mental illness to justify their reasoning on how she could be lying, while it can be possible it also makes someone more vulnerable to toxic abusive relationships forgetting that those grounds actually aren't enough to invalid someone's claims. 

timothy should probably get pr now because she is digging her own grave and becoming more and more unconvincing for herself and everyone in defense of her. This video made me cringe because she cant even keep the same story for every public address she does and its not helping her.