Jack

Melanie Martinez

Either way she’s kind of over.. lol. I’m gonna need a new pop girl to rip MM’s aesthetic but like, actually pull it off & for the music to be good. :toofunny:

still getting 800k+ likes on IG photos and followers have actually increased on most platforms recently... she'll still do well

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

Could be photoshopped but.....

DbqjBfuWkAEFrsc.jpg

:rip:

(HDD is a reliable source for anyone who isn't familiar with them, they've been correct about Beyoncé, Rihanna, Drake, Ariana releases in the past, as well as many others)

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

That's awkward. Just... really awkward. But at same time not sure they would spill it (I know HDD etc but... ugh).

Is it possible to scrap a whole album when it also got a full movie shot for it? we'll see.

How does she even have enough money left to do a whole visual album lol

It's not like she paid for it all herself. Label probably helped.

And she toured til almost passing out so she could get these coin$$

Controversy aside she's not very good at business lmao.. she always has such a long waiting period between releases, even if it's music videos, and they're never even worth the wait (like the MH video). She always overpromises and underperforms. Just look at the CBB era as a whole

Controversy aside she's not very good at business lmao.. she always has such a long waiting period between releases, even if it's music videos, and they're never even worth the wait (like the MH video). She always overpromises and underperforms. Just look at the CBB era as a whole

looks at marina diamandis

xMcVPI7.jpg

I think the videos situtattion is kinda different. The whole "I wanna do a visual album" was more of a personal pleasure of hers than really believing it would somehow get "big promo" etc (yet she's still managing to get some good views). Her label tried "singles" but not sure how it worked, I remember Soap being sent to radios etc but that was it.

the first videos took some time but she also released like Pacify Her & Mr Potato Head under 1 month each...I still believe she was trying to put the second album right after Mad Hatter but they decided to work on the movie to be released together and... now this whole thing just fked up lol.

putting the art aside, the production of Crybaby was really good and I have yet to find another artist with such precise production.

Melanie's music isn't top notch amazing (no artist really is) but damn was the production spot on.

maybe not soap tho that song was painful

xMcVPI7.jpg

I think they were dumb not re-releasing Cry Baby as album + DVD with every video and the deluxe tracks slipped in lol she had hype to get some sales.

I mean, if they printed the album as a "hardcover book" version just because of the booklet...