Jack

Melanie Martinez

I think the videos situtattion is kinda different. The whole "I wanna do a visual album" was more of a personal pleasure of hers than really believing it would somehow get "big promo" etc (yet she's still managing to get some good views). Her label tried "singles" but not sure how it worked, I remember Soap being sent to radios etc but that was it.

the first videos took some time but she also released like Pacify Her & Mr Potato Head under 1 month each...I still believe she was trying to put the second album right after Mad Hatter but they decided to work on the movie to be released together and... now this whole thing just fked up lol.

Yeah, I know she invested a lot of her own money from touring into the CBB visuals so it was never about promo, but it's still not being very smart about investing. Pacify Her was a shit video and you could tell the budget was a lot higher for MPH which was significantly better. The videos that seemed smaller budget like PH, Dollhouse, etc were just not very good and didn't even need to be made tbh, the money spent making them could have gone towards making the bigger videos even better. 

Now that people are getting restless about wanting all this info that she's been teasing (plus the accusations and the fact that CBB didn't age very well) the fact that there's still apparently nothing on schedule for the next month is pretty bad. Her fans (the ones left anyways) are arguably more dedicated now than ever and announcing AT LEAST a title could do her well

Yeah, I know she invested a lot of her own money from touring into the CBB visuals so it was never about promo, but it's still not being very smart about investing. Pacify Her was a shit video and you could tell the budget was a lot higher for MPH which was significantly better. The videos that seemed smaller budget like PH, Dollhouse, etc were just not very good and didn't even need to be made tbh, the money spent making them could have gone towards making the bigger videos even better. 

Now that people are getting restless about wanting all this info that she's been teasing (plus the accusations and the fact that CBB didn't age very well) the fact that there's still apparently nothing on schedule for the next month is pretty bad. Her fans (the ones left anyways) are arguably more dedicated now than ever and announcing AT LEAST a title could do her well

I agree

I remember being really "let down" about Alphabet Boy music video that lyric mess....dark times stanning

Also random thought but I wish the deleted scenes for MPH leaked since it seems to have some background story that she cut short.

The next release will be really important to see how she'll go after the whole mess and if there's still people fully supporting her. She said something about "finishing bonus tracks" like over one year ago, the whole movie producing thing... I mean she said something about "Spring 2018" at last years Lollapalooza Brasil I think? No way they really didn't finish the whole thing. 

I agree

I remember being really "let down" about Alphabet Boy music video that lyric mess....dark times stanning

Also random thought but I wish the deleted scenes for MPH leaked since it seems to have some background story that she cut short.

AB was bad put PH takes the cake for honestly being one of the worst music videos i've ever seen  :defeated:  she looked really good in the shots of her singing but the parts in the crib and the boy legit PAINTED BLUE... mess

Anyways,  I do love and appreciate how Melanie did deliver her promises,  even if they took so long. 

Take Halsey for example. She claimed to be taking the whole album aesthetic/themes 'even further' into its own world,  like no,  Melanie did that,  not you. 

From what I've heard,  I think I will like Crybabys production more than the hip hop influenced production she's mentioned for MM2. But I do know that after everything,  she's not gonna put any less effort into making this next era it's own world and story,  and I know it will still fascinate me just as much as CB

AB was bad put PH takes the cake for honestly being one of the worst music videos i've ever seen  :defeated:  she looked really good in the shots of her singing but the parts in the crib and the boy legit PAINTED BLUE... mess

Mess that Pacify her is like my fav song and one of the few ones I still listen to  :facepalm:

Tbh she's always messing my fav... really no reason to keep checking her nn

she's probably waiting for the people to forget the rape thing idk i really doubt that the album isn't finished yet

Melanie's boyfriend confirmed the album was finished a few months ago but that the movie was still being made.

And there's no point waiting so long because once she announces it and starts doing promo it will all come up again. I'm curious as to whether she's even going to do interviews or anything.

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

I always hated the intro of Sippy Cup so I edited it out 

Now I can actually listen to it and like it  :toofunny:

Omg really? I didn't know people didn't like the intro it's like one of my favourite parts of the song

FzytWEW.png

Honestly, coming back to crybaby it is a masterpiece. I got sick of it quite quickly but listening again after a while, everything about the album is just so good imo - the songs, the concept, the cover art, the videos, the story etc etc 

FzytWEW.png

Honestly, coming back to crybaby it is a masterpiece. I got sick of it quite quickly but listening again after a while, everything about the album is just so good imo - the songs, the concept, the cover art, the videos, the story etc etc 

right, I think I overplayed it but once I gave it a few months without listening. Revisiting it reminded me why I liked it so much  :flutter:

I would never hurt you

same, I love the pouring sound

Thats the part I kept in the video cause I love it too. I just dont like how it opened on the acapella.

After nothing happened with the allegations (and hearing about something that was a real situation, i.e. Mars Argo), I have a new appreciation for this album. The production is absolutely genius, and I really fucking missed listening to Pacify Her, Milk & Cookies and Cake in particular. 

To me, the album actually starts at Dollhouse tho haha. Im just always that odd one that doesn't like the song everyone likes, so on CB it's Cry Baby.