Jack

Melanie Martinez

As long as she ditches the whole baby thing...

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I don't think some of you understand everything she's doing.

I'm pretty sure we all understand all of it--we just think it's not a wise career move. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

we know making a whole ass movie for an album takes time when you’re not beyoncé but it’s been almost 4 years since cry baby, the album is being done since 2017 probably. what’s the point of holding it back? the movie can come later. i feel like this strategy will only kill her career even more, like, she’s gonna drop the album with the movie and then what? she’s gonna be over cause people will forget about it right after.

we know making a whole ass movie for an album takes time when you’re not beyonce but it’s been almost 4 years since the album, the album is being done since 2017 provably. what’s the point of holding it back? the movie can come later. i feel like this strategy will only kill her career even more, like, she’s gonna drop the album with the movie and then what? she’s gonna be over cause people will forget about it right after.

She’s gonna tour all over the world

I like the baby thing. It's cute.

It's very cringey IMO, don't get me wrong I DO LIKE her music and most of her lyrics are very clever and I'm still blown away with how she crafted her debut, but I wish she could show some maturity in her stage persona.

Also, the movie thing is almost a self sabotage for her sophomore, she's losing momentum every single month that passes by without a new single. She could release a music video + radio single and later film another thing for that song in the film. She's not being very wise and needs that momentum she had with "Cry Baby", and that drama with her ex-friend almost destroyed her reputation and career.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Y'all need to calm down. I've been waiting almost 3 years for this fucking album, listening to all her interviews and perching on her insta looking for new info, but y'all are doing too much right now.

I understand that she wants to put out the film at the same time as the record, it makes sense because the visuals help you understand the songs and the story better (ie: when we didn't know how Cry Baby got the poison to murder the Big Bad Wolf until the video for Tag, You're It came out). Melanie has always stated that she's a visual artist and that she feels like her songs are not just meant to be listened.

I don't think some of you understand everything she's doing. Claiming that she's done nothing since 2015 is lazy because she was on tour during 2016 and even had to cancel it because she was losing her voice. I think that also affected the recording of the album (it was being finished around that time). The reason why this film is taking so long is because she had to come up with a concept for the album, write all the songs, finish the songs and then pick 13 to create a story. All of that before even starting to write the film. She is the director and she's writing the whole script and designing the costumes and stuff (she doesn't have Stella by her side anymore). Then when she finally finished writing it she had to cut many parts because she realized she didn't have the budget for what she planned so she had to rewrite a few scenes. The film includes CGI so she had to look for + hire an animator before the shooting even began. The album is done and the movie is being filmed next month. She just confirmed to a fan that it's coming early 2019, and I think that's the final date, so let's just let her be because I'm confident that it will be worth the wait.

tldr Atlantic has enough money and man power to shift//to payola Cardi b for Girls like you in the Buffon5 feature but not for a delayed 4 year old album made by a competent artist ...ugh their minds 

It's very cringey IMO, don't get me wrong I DO LIKE her music and most of her lyrics are very clever and I'm still blown away with how she crafted her debut, but I wish she could show some maturity in her stage persona.

Also, the movie thing is almost a self sabotage for her sophomore, she's losing momentum every single month that passes by without a new single. She could release a music video + radio single and later film another thing for that song in the film. She's not being very wise and needs that momentum she had with "Cry Baby", and that drama with her ex-friend almost destroyed her reputation and career.

personally i find her lyrics to have the same problem, too immature. I am excited for her upcoming album and see how she has grown. also yeah the baby thing was cute at first but if she keeps it for a second era  :crossed: This whole film thing is a MESS. She is too obsessed with how people see her. 

tldr Atlantic has enough money and man power to shift//to payola Cardi b for Girls like you in the Buffon5 feature but not for a delayed 4 year old album made by a competent artist ...ugh their minds

cardi just scored her third #1 they’re striking while the iron is hot, what’s wrong with that lol? no one in the real world cares about felony rapetinez

cardi just scored her third #1 they’re striking while the iron is hot, what’s wrong with that lol? no one in the real world cares about felony rapetinez

can you get out of here tho? i'm a real person in the real world who loves Melanie.

giphy.gif

Okay, can someone help me? I've been out of the loop with her since the rape thing and because following her was kind of cringey, I've been reading this thread but can someone tell me what has happened with her second album? (I just know it was delayed again) and what happened with Timothy Heller after the rape accusation?

giphy.gif

Okay, can someone help me? I've been out of the loop with her since the rape thing and because following her was kind of cringey, I've been reading this thread but can someone tell me what has happened with her second album? (I just know it was delayed again) and what happened with Timothy Heller after the rape accusation?

the second album is being delayed and it seems it's coming early 2019. she's going to shoot the movie for it next month. the movie and the album are going to come out at the same time.

and for the rape accusations nothing happened after the diss track.

Okay, can someone help me? I've been out of the loop with her since the rape thing and because following her was kind of cringey, I've been reading this thread but can someone tell me what has happened with her second album? (I just know it was delayed again) and what happened with Timothy Heller after the rape accusation?

Masochism already answered album part, but most people concluded that Timothy was lying (or at least extending the truth) and that after all it was all still an allegation. A few things like a body language video done by a YouTuber helped people to make that logical educated decision, even if they did first fully believe Timothy

This album must be weak as fuck and that's why she needs the Video to come out TOGETHER because both things will blend together. I just know it by now (n).

I wonder if they ran out of budget after she toured non stop and had to cancel the last shows. I don't think Atlantic would allow a high-budget for a MOVIE. I have no idea for how they will be doing it, but filmining + editing (even if it was a short movie, but it seems to be something over 40 minutes for the whole record) I wouldn't expect anything less than 3\4 months.

Probably coming by early 2019...

I'd rather believe they could drop the album and THEN the movie later, I mean, it would be 2 events to look forward to. She could probably release the album and then RE-RELEASE the whole thing with DVD\Movie + Bonus tracks and just sneak the COINS. This will be actually such a mess with everything coming all at once and then nothing else dropping for another 4 years.

the second album is being delayed and it seems it's coming early 2019. she's going to shoot the movie for it next month. the movie and the album are going to come out at the same time.

and for the rape accusations nothing happened after the diss track.

Y'all need to calm down. I've been waiting almost 3 years for this fucking album, listening to all her interviews and perching on her insta looking for new info, but y'all are doing too much right now.

I understand that she wants to put out the film at the same time as the record, it makes sense because the visuals help you understand the songs and the story better (ie: when we didn't know how Cry Baby got the poison to murder the Big Bad Wolf until the video for Tag, You're It came out). Melanie has always stated that she's a visual artist and that she feels like her songs are not just meant to be listened.

I don't think some of you understand everything she's doing. Claiming that she's done nothing since 2015 is lazy because she was on tour during 2016 and even had to cancel it because she was losing her voice. I think that also affected the recording of the album (it was being finished around that time). The reason why this film is taking so long is because she had to come up with a concept for the album, write all the songs, finish the songs and then pick 13 to create a story. All of that before even starting to write the film. She is the director and she's writing the whole script and designing the costumes and stuff (she doesn't have Stella by her side anymore). Then when she finally finished writing it she had to cut many parts because she realized she didn't have the budget for what she planned so she had to rewrite a few scenes. The film includes CGI so she had to look for + hire an animator before the shooting even began. The album is done and the movie is being filmed next month. She just confirmed to a fan that it's coming early 2019, and I think that's the final date, so let's just let her be because I'm confident that it will be worth the wait.

Y'all I'm pretty sure that person faked those screenshots btw. Unless she posts on her story that it's coming in 2019 then I still believe it will come out late this year.

Y'all I'm pretty sure that person faked those screenshots btw. Unless she posts on her story that it's coming in 2019 then I still believe it will come out late this year.

If they were screenshots I wouldn’t believe it, but it’s a video done with a screen recording app that I also have

Atlantic  :facepalm:  see Charli XCX and Rita Ora, other artists struggling / struggled to release non-debut albums through the label