Jack

Melanie Martinez

you guys are so mean, can't a girl just do the best she can?  :$

I mean, it's okay tho, we don't hate her for that, it's just our opinion. I went to see her live and had the time of my life, cried and jumped and screamed while singing all the words, even tho she couldn't sing. It's the music and the whole world she portrays that makes us so excited, but let's agree that she can't really sing amazingly haha

"Salty face when I cry"  :facepalm:  How did she go from masterpieces like Dead To Me, Carousel, Sippy Cup, Pity Party, and Mad Hatter to THIS  :poordat:

High School Sweethearts is a highlight smh, the only times Melanie really enters cringe territory are on The Principal and the "fucking damn Barbie" line in Lunchbox Friends

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

High School Sweethearts is a highlight smh, the only times Melanie really enters cringe territory are on The Principal and the "fucking damn Barbie" line in Lunchbox Friends

The whole project is cringe territory but some of y'all aren't ready for that conversation yet. My issue isn't "cringe" (when done right it comes off as camp) it's lazy writing. "Seven this one goes to eleven" ... what does that even mean

The whole project is cringe territory but some of y'all aren't ready for that conversation yet. My issue isn't "cringe" (when done right it comes off as camp) it's lazy writing. "Seven this one goes to eleven" ... what does that even mean

well... i mean in the song she's listing steps to be her lover and i think this is just a literal of her repeating step 7, "if you cheat you will die" as 8, 9, 10, and 11, basically to get it through the person's head? 

9ISvyf0.gif

well... i mean in the song she's listing steps to be her lover and i think this is just a literal of her repeating step 7, "if you cheat you will die" as 8, 9, 10, and 11, basically to get it through the person's head? 

I never thought of it like that. I was confused like, so what are steps 8-11 then? And I thought it was just a terrible attempt to make it rhyme. But thanks I get it now. That's a good line lol  :toofunny:

That's awesome. She should really make her own magazine or something cause she really knows how to do everything well doesn't she 

It’s literally from the movie This Is Spinal Tap where’s this guys amplifier goes to 11 instead of 10, taking something to 11 is in a lot of songs, it means taking something to the extreme, in this case she’s basically saying “seven this one goes to the extreme, if you cheat you will die”

giphy.gif

A fucking cringy line is the part in detention that says

Start calling up my phone tryna say that I've been out of line

When all I ever asked was to go to the bathroom

Sounds so fucking stupid :toofunny:

The song is about how her label or management or promoters were treating her during the crybaby era AFAIK. I think I remember she said she got in trouble by someone in that vain for going to the bathroom

j14CYJi.png

she used to sound really good but she ruined her voice during the cry baby era and i remember she even got sick or sumn and had to cancel some shows, i guess she broke it forever

her vocals during that gramercy show in 2014 were incredible. ever since then she's just been on a rapid decline though :/

:bitchfight: