Jack

Melanie Martinez

I think Crybaby already had what she was aiming for. Crybaby already plays exactly like a movie with many more key moments than K-12, in fact every CB song is a key movie moment except for like maybe Soap and Training Wheels.

K-12 feels like many fillers with 3 or 4 key movie moments. what do you think? 

Up to Class Fight the movie is actually well done, but from The Principal onwards the scenes are super random and drowned in filler content, the cuts are too sudden and most of what happens makes... no sense with the rest of the scenes

Also this is a perfect place to complain about the whole argument of the story. The kids and specially Cry Baby complain about being "held captive" for the first half of the movie and when they get the opportunity to leave, after Drama Club... the stay inside. They decide to stay and do STUPID SHIT, like play tennis outside... WHY DIDNT THEY FUCKING LEAVE

Anyone have any theories on when After School will be released?

Also, idk if anyone has already said this but Melanie said she's performing new songs on tour so she might perform some After School songs on Tuesday when she goes back on tour.

DapperSkeletalBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif

now the boys want a taste of the strawberry shortcake

Up to Class Fight the movie is actually well done, but from The Principal onwards the scenes are super random and drowned in filler content, the cuts are too sudden and most of what happens makes... no sense with the rest of the scenes

Also this is a perfect place to complain about the whole argument of the story. The kids and specially Cry Baby complain about being "held captive" for the first half of the movie and when they get the opportunity to leave, after Drama Club... the stay inside. They decide to stay and do STUPID SHIT, like play tennis outside... WHY DIDNT THEY FUCKING LEAVE

I agree. And songs often had a zero notice lead up, or the lead up was like one sentence (The Principal and Drama Club) making it kind of even more cringy than a primary school play. Was that her intention? Lol.

I think about what could have made this era work for me. Maybe if we got the songs as separate music videos. And they wouldn't even have to be in order. Crybabys werent in order yet they make a great marathon after Mad Hatter finally came out.

Released that way, she would have had more room to lead in each song, and lead them out in some cases, without having to make cuts for the movie. 

Idk, but I think that's what makes Crybaby better to marathon rather than K-12 as a random af movie.

Hypothetically, after the k12 music videos all came out, with each making more sense, she could have 'released' them all as a marathon on YouTube and then BAM, a movie that works. 

I think Class Fight is the worst song on the album, if not her worst song in general, with lyrics like “Kelly had a fat ass and trouble was cooking” and the repetition of “for the throat” is so fucking annoying, the “for the throat” bits could’ve been filled with a whole load of other lyrics but she just repeats it over and over and over and over and over and over...

giphy.gif

the only thing that ruined this era is the long ass wait. i’m sure this would’ve been better if it was released in 2017 or something.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

It’s her first movie and you guys expect it to have 0 flaws or inconsistencies.. lol. Even if the story or plot is a bit messy at points we still got a great album and good visuals so I don’t understand the complaints.

It was her second album so after the flawlessness that was Crybaby + music videos, and the Dollhouse EP, I sorta had expectations. What's there to not understand lol? I paid for the movie, I stream the album maybe weekly? We are allowed to have some opinions. Great album + good visuals does not = good story or plot, as you just said. So why can't we just have a conversation about it?

It’s her first movie and you guys expect it to have 0 flaws or inconsistencies.. lol. Even if the story or plot is a bit messy at points we still got a great album and good visuals so I don’t understand the complaints.