BLURRYFACE

Billie Eilish

ok tbh she has some bops but i'm also on the fence about stanning her  :crossed: she's so young but her personality is kinda off putting i agree. also her stans are fucking vicious i drunkenly commented on one of her insta posts "ugly bitch" and woke up bombarded by like 200 hate comments   :deadbanana: 

tbh you kinda deserved that cus it was mean af

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

She's definitely talented but I'd be very interested to know how much of Billie Eliish's music is Finneas and how much of it is her because I've always had a feeling that he does a lot of the heavy lifting for her.

I seem to remember Billie talking about how she wrote Ocean Eyes herself on piano, but only Finneas is credited as a songwriter 

giphy.gif

i feel a lot of people on this forum (on any pop forum, tbh) get way too into the personality/persona of a singer and then feel the need to write a paragraph on why a tweet a 15 year old wrote on her twitter means she's trash and therefore her music is trash. it just don't make sense. some of you need to separate yaselves from social media or smth.............it's one thing to say an artist is obnoxious or that you don't like their music, but god....it is not hard to remove yourself from ever having to see them. like..you know....not following them....or not posting in her thread lol. not saying people can't have opinions but god some of you are just plain insufferable. 

anyways when's she gonna release an actual song + not some lazy ass remix of her popular song with a rapper added at the last 30 seconds

girl calm down. how are we wrong for not liking the way billie acts? a big part of "stanning" and even just being a fan at this point is about the artist's personality and what they bring to the table as a person. No one here even said her music was trash we were mediating on the fact that she uses her social media foolishly and how that can hurt a career. take a deep ol breath

Billie has definitely never claimed to have written Ocean Eyes... she says in every interview how Finneas wrote it and would play it constantly, so she already knew all the words when Finneas thought it would be a good song for her to record. And she originally only recorded the song to use as a number with her dance teacher.

Finneas also wrote Watch on his own, which is why Billie felt like it was too old and didn’t even want it on the EP. Everything else on the EP was written by the both of them.

why would you comment ugly bitch on a selfie from a minor? ya'll really out here pretending you aren't as nasty as some of her stans. mess. if you don't like her personality then don't follow ha ass on social media? you see me following enema ratberts? no  :toofunny:  why? because i don't like her

i feel a lot of people on this forum (on any pop forum, tbh) get way too into the personality/persona of a singer and then feel the need to write a paragraph on why a tweet a 15 year old wrote on her twitter means she's trash and therefore her music is trash. it just don't make sense. some of you need to separate yaselves from social media or smth.............it's one thing to say an artist is obnoxious or that you don't like their music, but god....it is not hard to remove yourself from ever having to see them. like..you know....not following them....or not posting in her thread lol. not saying people can't have opinions but god some of you are just plain insufferable. 

anyways when's she gonna release an actual song + not some lazy ass remix of her popular song with a rapper added at the last 30 seconds

sis I was completely smashed and meant it as a joke calm down  :noparty:

Billie has definitely never claimed to have written Ocean Eyes... she says in every interview how Finneas wrote it and would play it constantly, so she already knew all the words when Finneas thought it would be a good song for her to record. And she originally only recorded the song to use as a number with her dance teacher.

Finneas also wrote Watch on his own, which is why Billie felt like it was too old and didn’t even want it on the EP. Everything else on the EP was written by the both of them.

There's a quote option. Billie tweeted once that she remembered sitting at the piano writing Ocean Eyes when she was like 13, but her twitter is deleted now and I can't find a screenshot

There's a quote option. Billie tweeted once that she remembered sitting at the piano writing Ocean Eyes when she was like 13, but her twitter is deleted now and I can't find a screenshot

I literally replied right under your post. Sorry if it was that hard to follow.

And yeah, no, she never said that. Here’s 5 interviews where she says Finneas wrote the song:

https://www.vogue.com/article/billie-eilish-pops-next-it-girl/amp

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/how-billie-eilishs-ocean-eyes-turned-her-into-an-overnight-sensation/amp

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/art-books-music/a13040159/billie-eilish-interview/

https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/features/interviews/billie-eilish-avocado-queen-interview

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/billie-eilish-new-ep/amp

The way she carries herself on her twitter is polar opposite to how she is to her fans in real life. I honestly think she just may have been easily influenced by the modern trends of teens who have that "fuck you bitch i'm better" arrogance about them. Also we have to remember (not that this is an excuse but maybe this may pose a different perspective to some of you) that she is barely 16 and the internet is a integral influence on the youth. 

I think it was a mature move of her to just get off twitter to do her own thing instead of back lashing at people and digging a hole.

My post wasn't asking about writing credits, I know she's credited as a writer on everything except Ocean Eyes and watch. I was wondering how much of the songs she's credited on that she actually wrote. For example, in an interview she mentioned that Finneas came up with the lines "Sit-in all alone, mouth full of hum, in the driveway. My friends aren't far, in the back of my car" and that she just later added "lay their bodies". That kind of reaffirmed my suspicion that Finneas writes the majority of the songs while doing production, and Billie simply changes a few things here and there and and then sings the songs.

My post wasn't asking about writing credits, I know she's credited as a writer on everything except Ocean Eyes and watch. I was wondering how much of the songs she's credited on that she actually wrote. For example, in an interview she mentioned that Finneas came up with the lines "Sit-in all alone, mouth full of hum, in the driveway. My friends aren't far, in the back of my car" and that she just later added "lay their bodies". That kind of reaffirmed my suspicion that Finneas writes the majority of the songs while doing production, and Billie simply changes a few things here and there and and then sings the songs.

No, I see what you mean! I wasn’t referring to you, I was referring to the member who suggested she claimed to have written Ocean Eyes. I just mentioned Watch because it’s the only other song written solely by Finneas.

(Speaking of, I think Watch is registered under Finneas’ name as ‘Watch Your Car Burn’. Could be his demo before Billie recorded it?)