Baby V Alex

Pokémon

so i received my ds with my pokemon games today, also i finally one kanto's league in heartgold and now i can't wait to get a 2ds and buy pokemon x ugh

I’ve been thinking of getting a 2ds just for this :defeated:

TBH the combined DS + 3DS library you have available on a 2DS/3DS is probably the best game library on any Nintendo system. I mean, you literally get to play Pokémon Platinum, HeartGold/Soul/Silver, Black/White, Black 2/White 2, X/Y, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, and gen. 7, plus all the Ranger and Mystery Dungeon (!) games. And that's not even counting other amazing games such as Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, A Link Between Worlds, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Animal Crossing, all the Mario games...

d1349ac8c4ad70b1ac98b4f78043c29a.jpg

Buy Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX and Explorers of Sky for clear skin and perfect grades!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Just bought a used DSi, Pokemon Diamond and Platinum. I'm playing through Pt because I never did as a kid

Okay lemme just go off for a sec (this is gonna be all over the place)

Pokemon Diamond was the first PKMN game I played as a kid through and through. I played like Yellow or Crystal when I was YOUNG but just like playing around. I got Diamond from some random kid I went to middle school with (I don't remember how, and this was around 2007/2008) and MY GOD do i have MEMORIES with this game. I remember I got a white DS Lite to replace my OG Blue DS, and this game blew my mind. I fell so in love with it. I legit played it everyday, and LITERALLY was that meme of the kid hiding the DS under the blankets from my parents when I should have been in bed (I used to sleep with my door open, and got caught a few times). I always, always, always mained Turtwig. Summer 2008 I had finally beaten Cynthia on a car ride somewhere with friends (I remember it vividly, it was a hot July day I think, very sunny). Cynthia will always be one of my fav video game characters, and she has an incredible battle theme.

God, i remember my gram brought me to Border's to buy the official game guide, and the Prima guide Diamond and Pearl Pokedex book. (I dont have any of this anymore, the books, games, DS's, any of it, i really wish I did)

I discovered ActionReplay, and hacked tf out of my game lol. My best friend at the time had Pearl, and we would search for hours on YouTube AR codes to get Arceus, and none of them worked. I remember when I actually found one that worked, him and I were shocked and amazed, and he didn't believe I had actually done it.

Oh, the Underground, the WFC, the Wi-Fi Trades, this game was a golden time in my middle school years. I would sit in this playground near my house for hours every day, sitting in a tube thing, just playing Diamond. I remember at one point I checked my play time, and had put 230-ish hours into it (although it was probably around 300 when my DS broke).

I stopped playing cause my said best friend destroyed my DS, and I think it ruined my game cartridge. RIP to all my Pokemon, hacked and otherwise.

Revisiting Gen IV about ten years later for me is such a blast, it brings back so many memories of 2007-2010. I don't follow Pokemon anymore, or video games really, but this has a very special place in my heart. I hope they do DPPt remakes for the switch, and I hope they're good cause I will def buy them

anyway, that ends my nostalgic rant lol

negAbhB.png

Just bought a used DSi, Pokemon Diamond and Platinum. I'm playing through Pt because I never did as a kid

Okay lemme just go off for a sec (this is gonna be all over the place)

Pokemon Diamond was the first PKMN game I played as a kid through and through. I played like Yellow or Crystal when I was YOUNG but just like playing around. I got Diamond from some random kid I went to middle school with (I don't remember how, and this was around 2007/2008) and MY GOD do i have MEMORIES with this game. I remember I got a white DS Lite to replace my OG Blue DS, and this game blew my mind. I fell so in love with it. I legit played it everyday, and LITERALLY was that meme of the kid hiding the DS under the blankets from my parents when I should have been in bed (I used to sleep with my door open, and got caught a few times). I always, always, always mained Turtwig. Summer 2008 I had finally beaten Cynthia on a car ride somewhere with friends (I remember it vividly, it was a hot July day I think, very sunny). Cynthia will always be one of my fav video game characters, and she has an incredible battle theme.

God, i remember my gram brought me to Border's to buy the official game guide, and the Prima guide Diamond and Pearl Pokedex book. (I dont have any of this anymore, the books, games, DS's, any of it, i really wish I did)

I discovered ActionReplay, and hacked tf out of my game lol. My best friend at the time had Pearl, and we would search for hours on YouTube AR codes to get Arceus, and none of them worked. I remember when I actually found one that worked, him and I were shocked and amazed, and he didn't believe I had actually done it.

Oh, the Underground, the WFC, the Wi-Fi Trades, this game was a golden time in my middle school years. I would sit in this playground near my house for hours every day, sitting in a tube thing, just playing Diamond. I remember at one point I checked my play time, and had put 230-ish hours into it (although it was probably around 300 when my DS broke).

I stopped playing cause my said best friend destroyed my DS, and I think it ruined my game cartridge. RIP to all my Pokemon, hacked and otherwise.

Revisiting Gen IV about ten years later for me is such a blast, it brings back so many memories of 2007-2010. I don't follow Pokemon anymore, or video games really, but this has a very special place in my heart. I hope they do DPPt remakes for the switch, and I hope they're good cause I will def buy them

anyway, that ends my nostalgic rant lol

OMG we love PokéNostalgia!

So does this mean you've never played HeartGold/SoulSilver and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky? Because if it does, you NEED to play these!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Have any of you guys read the Pokémon Adventures manga series? I've heard so many great things about it, especially that it's much closer to Satoshi Tajiri's original vision of Pokémon than the games or the an*me, and that the story is actually great lol. They recently started to re-release the entire series as cute collector's editions, so I decided to give it a shot and order the first volume. 

1974709647.jpg

I think these would look really cute next to each other hehe:

1974711226.jpg1974711234.jpg

1974711242.jpg1974711250.jpg

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

WHERE ARE THE DIAMOND AND PEARL REMAKES WE NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED THEM GAMEFREAK UGH..... 

*doesn't even own a Switch & hasn't even finished Sun or Moon tho* :oic2:

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

6 hours ago, JamiDelRey said:

WHERE ARE THE DIAMOND AND PEARL REMAKES WE NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED THEM GAMEFREAK UGH..... 

*doesn't even own a Switch & hasn't even finished Sun or Moon tho* :oic2:

It's coming u little bitch. :hooker:

Well, presumably.

I'm PRAYING they don't fuck up the Sinnoh remakes. Sun/Moon and Sword/Shield were just incredibly disappointing, but since Diamond/Pearl/Platinum already provide such a strong basis, they should be able to deliver this time around.  

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

4 hours ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

It's coming u little bitch. :hooker:

Well, presumably.

I'm PRAYING they don't fuck up the Sinnoh remakes. Sun/Moon and Sword/Shield were just incredibly disappointing, but since Diamond/Pearl/Platinum already provide such a strong basis, they should be able to deliver this time around.  

can you imagine how cool they could remake the Distortion World from Platinum with updated graphics and physics omg :kum::krylie: I literally remember to this day buying the Japanese release of Platinum early (compared to US) on ebay for like $50/60 playing through not understanding a word of dialogue still enjoying the hell out of it because of how enthralled I was with Diamond/Pearl the whole 4th gen (with HG/SS) was honestly PEAK it was all so good :toofloppy: 

Omfg I didn't know about the Diamond and Pearl remake :hdu: Diamond was my gateway to Nintendo, so many childhood memories attached to it even though I never got to finish it because one of my siblings smashed the upper screen of my DS :krylie:

Anyways stan Piplup as probably the best starter :hooker:

The fact that it's a Pokémon Presents rather than a Direct has me worried. Usually main series games (and even major spin-off titles like Mystery Dungeon or Pokkén) get announced in a Direct, whereas Presents has so far been reserved for stuff like Pokémon Café Mix, Pokémon Smile, New Pokémon Snap, and Pokémon Unite. :toofloppy:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Spoiler

Jg9Csdt.gif

supposed leak from DP remake trailer from ATRL.... holy SHIT...? :trisha:

edit: jk they said it was clearly fake not my gullible ass believing anything :kum:

FINALLY OMG hate the names tho THEY ARE REAL UGH GOTTA GET A SWITCH BEFORE HOLIDAY NOW :krylie: