Sign in to follow this  
Say Yes to Heaven

Kathy Griffin talks about Lana in new book.

Supposedly, Kathy and Lana met and (Lana) proceeded to angrily "tell her off" for being put on the Worst Dressed on the TV show Fashion Police. Kathy lived to write about the tale in her book Kathy Griffin's Celebrity Run-Ins: My A-Z index. Real encounter or completely fabricated?

C0EQky0WIAAFpN9.jpg

C0EQky8XcAAmI3b.jpg

C0EQkzIXEAAuoOK.jpg

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

The wooden ass fake dialogue. The random unreleased lyric. This is straight up fiction. Who gave her a book deal for real?

Plus, Lana has never really cared what others have said about her? Kathy just wanted to seem like she's the shit. To me it seems she had to listen to numerous songs from Lana to get a catty remark about her. 

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I don't believe the dialogue was real, like, how in the hell would Kathy know lyrics from She's Not Me? That old hag is crazy.

Lana seems too shy to do this. Maybe they really talked but it wasn't how she describes. 

Anyways, never liked that b*tch

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

"I saw Lana Del Rey at an event in Los Angeles yesterday. I told her how cool it was to meet her in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother her and put her on the Worst Dressed List or anything.

She said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but she kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing her hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued to encounter celebs, and I heard her chuckle as I walked off. When I came to leave the event I saw her trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Worst Dressed Lists in her hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “M'am, you need to pay for those first.” At first she kept pretending to be dead and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the lists and started scanning it multiple times, she stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any intergalactic infetterence,” and then turned around and twirled on the spot. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each list and put them on a blog and started to say the price, she kept interrupting her by moaning really loudly."

tumblr_m41aygNfBB1r15uyio2_r4_250.gif

Just another sad has-been trying to sell a few more books bc she needs the money by lynching off others fame. Pretty pathetic tbh...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

The reason putting LDR on a worst-dressed list was "preposterous" was that the dress was a vintage antique from a designer who gained fame from Marilyn Monroe wearing his dresses (or maybe he was famous before that, don't know). There is a dress very similar to what LDR wore at the golden globes that is gold in color that you can find images of Marilyn wearing. They are very famous photographs. So basically what Kathy (or whoever it was) was saying by placing LDR on a worst-dress list was either that the dress was trash (suggesting a historical ignorance of fashion and glamour), or that LDR was unqualified to wear something that Marilyn wore in some sense. To the latter, in particular, I would say: preposterous indeed!

If the excerpt in the OP is what's actually in Kathy's book, then it's pretty embarrassing for her, imo.

The reason putting LDR on a worst-dressed list was "preposterous" was that the dress was a vintage antique from a designer who gained fame from Marilyn Monroe wearing his dresses (or maybe he was famous before that, don't know). There is a dress very similar to what LDR wore at the golden globes that is gold in color that you can find images of Marilyn wearing. They are very famous photographs. So basically what Kathy (or whoever it was) was saying by placing LDR on a worst-dress list was either that the dress was trash (suggesting a historical ignorance of fashion and glamour), or that LDR was unqualified to wear something that Marilyn wore in some sense. To the latter, in particular, I would say: preposterous indeed!

If the excerpt in the OP is what's actually in Kathy's book, then it's pretty embarrassing for her, imo.

10345740_1012139655469417_23621252391880so beautiful.  

eta: their stance is like "come at me bro"  :deadbanana:  :teehee:

tumblr_o0nocyD6zu1rvt47eo1_400.gif