Jack

Actresses Carrie Fisher and mother Debbie Reynolds die at 60 and 84

OMG, Debbie Reynolds, Carrie's Mom, and a major superstar for over 60 years died after having a stroke, brought on by the stress of losing her beloved daughter.

A parent losing a child is not natural, and is one of the hardest, saddest things

(for those that were unfamiliar with Debbie, read her bios online and her credits. Just to many to list (and I still cannot cut/paste correctly here, it doesn't show up)

Starting with Singing in the Rain

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

OMG, Debbie Reynolds, Carrie's Mom, and a major superstar for over 60 years died after having a stroke, brought on by the stress of losing her beloved daughter.

A parent losing a child is not natural, and is one of the hardest, saddest things

(for those that were unfamiliar with Debbie, read her bios online and her credits. Just to many to list (and I still cannot cut/paste correctly here, it doesn't show up)

Starting with Singing in the Rain

omg i didnt know that Deddie Reynolds was her mom :( RIP 

ETA: i just saw this on TCM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqyuIFSNxYI :( i guess it was made before...more people died :(  

tumblr_o0nocyD6zu1rvt47eo1_400.gif

Holy :( this is so:(ing sad oh my god. I was born after the time of the original star wars movies, but ive been a fan since I was 4. This is so heartbreaking. Carrie will live on as an icon through her amazing work and so will her mother

Never been a big Star Wars fan (I watched all the movies just a year ago when Episode 7 came out and enjoyed them) but I think we're all hurt by losing her. I did worry about Billie Lourd since I'm a big Scream Queens / Chanel #3 fan and now I'm beyond shaken that her grandmother, Debbie Reynolds, also passed away. This is so heartbreaking and such a saddening event to happen to any family. I've been following Billie for over a year now so even when I don't know her personally I really feel her loss. She's always been proud of having both of them as big roles in her life and... I have no words. All my thoughts and positive vibes go to Carrie/Debbie's family but especially to Billie (and Carrie's dog Gary) and Todd (Carrie's brother / Debbie's son) who lost two of the biggest figures in their lives.