Honeybear

Twin Peaks

the x files revival made me nervous for twin peaks coming back. i mean...

xfiles-babylon-mushroom.jpg

but hopefully david lynch will keep things og (unlike chris carter, who can rot)

Omg I remember watching this episode and needing to lay down  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny: I love him

ZKcaooE.png

She clearly has been inspired in part by Lynch (the Blue Velvet cover being probably the most blatant), nothing would make me happier than to see Lynch use a song of hers in the show (although I know the odds are quite slim :()

anyone who didn't see "Firewalk with me" the prequel movie Lynch made afterward, should attempt to watch it.

Showtime (at least in the US) is running Firewalk, and at least as of a few days ago, was running all episodes of both seasons

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

IMHO

watching first 2 hours having DVRd it, over the course of two days (so about 120 minutes worth)

around the 100th minute, it hit me. David Lynch does that. And it is not linear at all.

Lynch is amazing and its all audio/optic/sensatory  in a far different place than anyone else goes to.

(I am not sure people who are not familiar with the characters, or don't recognize some of the ones returning will get it, at least at first).

The opening scene is the end of the last episode of the show 25 years ago

and I read Lynch wants people to watch it one a week for 18 weeks, and not to binge it, that it is meant to digest

the Chromatics song is really great...I went an purchased two of their albums just from the song (A Washington state band for more than a decade now)

and there is a scene or two that seemed to be a direct segue (but in a different state) from Lynch's with Lykke Li song and official video "I'm waiting there"

Let it envelope you

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Ugh, Twin Peaks... :defeated: 

I got the HBO trial earlier this year and I was supposed to watch the episodes with my boyfriend, but he lost interest soon enough after a few episodes and even though I still wanted to watch it, I didn't find myself in the right mood too often and my trial expired before the series really even started I guess. I've been thinking of just buying it on blu-ray since the box is around 20€ which is not that bad but I'm saving my coins for Lana at the moment, both Lust for Life and possible merch sold at the festivals. Of course I could just download them or stream online, but downloading is getting riskier over here and I just can't be bothered to pay for a VPN on a monthly basis. So I guess I'll just watch it sometime or other, eventually  :creep: It's a really interesting concept from how far I got and from what I've heard for sure

episode 8

lana and lynch reside

everyone else is just a spectator