Honeybear

Twin Peaks

Sometimes I wonder if I'm plain stupid but I watched seven episodes and I can understand not much of it. I feel like too many scenes have no connection to each other and etc., but I am enjoying it so far.

I watched "Fire Walk with Me" but I can't really remember much of it.

that was probably the greatest and most disturbing thing to ever be created for television in recent memory imo. how lynch got funding to make 18 episodes instead of 9 astounds me but we are so lucky for it.

(also fire walk with me + the missing pieces together is lynch's best work don't @ me)

redline

While I was intrigued by last night's episode, I have no fucking clue what happened lmao

But I'm pretty sure there's like subliminal meanings and all idk, pretty good but also disturbing

Truly Lynchian

First we feel; then we fall.

The TV spot/"video" for Blue Velvet Lana made with the H&M deal seems heavily Twin Peaks/Lynch inspired.

yes! but this is inspired by david lynch's work in his movies, not directly in twin peaks  ;)

Last night's episode was pretty bonkers :oprah:

What I got is that the nuclear explosion is what caused BOB's entrance to our world and the Giant sent Laura's spirit to Earth as a countermeasure. I think???

The frog-cicada mutant was a manifestation of BOB and that girl was his first host. (???)

Also, the way evil Coop resembles BOB is very unnerving

One note about this season- how many people from the original have died, including how many people have died SINCE filming began.

All are much remembered.

Frank Silva who played Bob died many years ago.(and he was a set designer who happened to crutch down but was filmed in a mirror, and on playback

they either had to reshoot or keep it in, and Lynch, finding out he was an accredited working actor (union) too, hired him as an actor too.

The role of Laura Palmer was originally suppose to be a one-off just a body and it wasn't cast, but was going to be a local contest with the winner getting the part, but after realizing Sheryl Lee could act, he wrote more and more (and a second charcter) for her. The rest is history...

and after re-watching the original 30 episodes, amazing  how young they all were.

and how one needs to watch every single second, because there is no filler (in any of the original episodes Lynch himself directed).

the 2017 18 episodes were all filmed as if a movie, and only after finishing did Lynch decide how many episodes, there is no filler at all.

(everything he wanted to be in, is in.)

and I love and have now for 27 years, Ray Wise. (Leland Palmer).

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

It's hard to talk about Twin Peaks as don't want to give away spoilers

episode 12-  amazing and really funny too, especially the dead pan of Miguel Ferrer and Gordon Cole (Lynch)

episode 13-  James

makes me wish, like Star Wars and the Marvel & DC comic movies, that there could be whole bunch of individual films on the characters to have so much more

of each one(I could take 100s of more episodes as long as they are true to the vision of Lynch)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

guys my bf and i just finished the first two seasons in like 2 weeks. gunna watch FWWM tomorrow night then start season 3!!!! omfg i was shook by the end of season 2. is everyone happy with season 3? i am nervous cuz some of actors that have passed.

i cant believe laura was like "c u in 25 yrz bby" and then the show came back 25 yz l8r (so dope)

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

@@lernerderrey

those that watch it are well rewarded

Lynch directed and thought about every single second of the 2017 episodes

and it took me about 100 minutes (so sit through the very start) to hook me forever from wondering will it be a rehash, and will it have become dated to fully seeing the unique visionary Lynch is

who hit it out of the ballpark again

the fact that he filmed it as if it was an one continuous movie, and then decided later it would be 18 parts is even more amazing because if you come across a part you

might think is slow, remember, it is there for a reason so sit back and enjoy it, savor it, and at some point you will wish it would never end (can we hope for more in 2018 and beyond?)

also makes one wonder was the end of Season 2, where Laura spoke those words and you see Dale Cooper really filmed all those years ago, or are what you are seeing back then, somehow new scenes refilmed because their looks are spot-on perfect

and set aside time to be wide awake savor Episode 8 which is (though who knew), the Coachella of the return

and listen to every noise and hear every word and see every second including through the credits

and yes, the actors 25 years on, so many have passed, and some have died just in the last year alone but keep in mind, none have been forgotten

(much like friends and family no longer here in real life after 25 years have passed.)

Makes one almost wish he had filmed this 25 years ago and just held it back. But also welcome in some new friends

and enjoy Fire Walk With Me, it is important to the continuation (just wish the entire 5 1/2 filmed Fire Walk was available, but it is not)

and there were some missing pieces that were put together as a movie/ and appear on the complete Blue cover DVD (not the gold one), but it is extremely hard to find

(last time I looked it was still on backorder from Amazon, and the yooutube was pulled (believe it is about 90 minutes of missing pieces)

Makes one also want to take a tour of all the places in all parts of the Twin Peaks world many of which do actually exist. (at least exteriors)

As you watch, give us your impression of it

episode 14

don't miss a second

Four years-  Twin Peaks 2021

according to David Lynch for the next continuation, not sooner

Everyone who went along with the ride was well rewarded

Four years-  Twin Peaks 2021

according to David Lynch for the next continuation, not sooner

Everyone who went along with the ride was well rewarded

Wait, we're getting continuation in 4 years? Is it confirmed?

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro