PARADIXO

Born to Die Turns Half a Decade Old!

The opening strings on BTD still get me, regardless of how many times I've listened to this song.

Truly, honestly, definitely iconic

I was waiting for @PARADIXO to post the last song, Born To Die, but probs been busy all day.

Born To Die and its video is honestly iconic. It sucks that I was first introduced to the song by a remix but when I actually listened to it and watched the video in all of its glory, I fell in love. Actually. It was like the Bel Air scene of Tropico and I was being beamed up by Lana herself :troll: I'm being extra af but I love this song, this video, the aesthetics and... this album.

Happy half-a-decade birthday to Born To Die, the album that changed my life. It made me realize how much I love music and how much I can connect to just one artist. :heart: :blush:

BTD cured my acne. When will your dermatologist? (And Lana isn't even a dermatologist)

Without Summertime Sadness or that remix existing I don't think I would've ever discovered Lana...The first time I listened to the song, it was the remix version of it but I wasn't really getting into it, then a couple months later I listened to the original after having a tough time finding music I was liking and I was instantly drawn into the dark atmosphere (even though it isn't as dark as other songs but I only used to listen to upbeat songs back then) and the vintage esque visuals drew me in. I probably listen to that song all day for a week...Then i tried listening to some other songs like born to die but I hated it because it was too slow for me at the time, but then it got stuck in my head and I caught my self singing it later that day, it was the lyrics of born to die that made me want to listen more "Come and take a walk on the wild side, let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain, you like your g irls insane" Her music had an effect on me that no other artist's or genre did 

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I didn't have time yesterday, sorry :facepalm:

“Born to Die”

giphy.gif

Those strings, man. That beat. Those lyrics. That melody. “Born to Die” is perhaps Lana Del Rey’s most immaculate masterpiece; an apocalyptic, jaw-dropping “homage to true love and a tribute to living life on the wild side”. The song was composed by Del Rey and Justin Parker, and despite its dramatic, dark atmosphere, its message is rather positive – forget about your fears and insecurities and live life to the fullest.

The legendary “Born to Die” video was written by Lana and directed by Yoann Lemoine and it was her first high-budget film ever. “Tigers don't come cheap. It's a controversial video. […] I got a generous budget,” she said to The Sun. It features Bradley Soileau as her lover; “You can see the two sides of the relationship where I'm kissing her, then pointing a gun at her head,” he told MTV. “That's what it is. It’s a relationship that is so terrible but neither of them want to leave. That's why when she is in the car, and she wipes the glass, she's looking mad sad, distant, thoughtful. But I’m still trying to get her attention. That's kinda the story for it.” “Born to Die” won Best Pop Video at the UK Music Video Awards.

Absolutely game and life-changing. The reason we all had an almost religious experience listening to this for the first time is because it was completely innovative, fresh, never-done-before.

Congratulations Lana; Happy 5th birthday Born to Die!

Those strings, man. That beat. Those lyrics. That melody. “Born to Die” is perhaps Lana Del Rey’s most immaculate masterpiece

Absolutely game and life-changing. The reason we all had an almost religious experience listening to this for the first time is because it was completely innovative, fresh, never-done-before.

Almost religious?  :creep: 

I couldn't agree more. Born To Die is without any doubt one of the most fascinating, exciting and captivating songs I've ever heard. No matter how often I listen to it, it just doesn't lose any of its magic. And let's not forget about the video, a stunning masterpiece.

Alongside OTTR and Ride, my favorite Lana Del Rey song. It's perfect.

Born-To-Die-Gif-lana-del-rey-28216938-50

Also, I want Bradley back.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Born To Die song/video is pure perfection.

I remember hearing her sing it live first time, but it was all live instruments obviously....but i loooved it.

Then she uploaded the studio version and i had no idea how it would sound so different with the trip hop type production, took me my surprise, then with the iconic kettle whistle.....i diiiiieed hearing that song first time in studio form, i loved it so much and still play it all the time.

And omg seeing that video first time, really just beautiful, and Kanye tweeting about it and seeing the video go viral. Ugh, so amazing.

I love how she had the idea for the music video in her head and actually wrote the 'Lonely Queen' treatment for it. I would love to read how she originally imagined the story

http://www.mtv.com/artists/lana-del-rey/videos/the-lonely-queen-728991/

Plus I would also love to know how the original video planned by Yoann was supposed to be, didn't he say he had to cut some scenes because they were too explicit? :sadcore5:

giphy.gif

Million Dollar Man: My favourite song on Born To Die and probably my #3 favourite LDR song overall trailing only Gods & Monsters and Young & Beautiful. I'm surprised that nobody here mentions the Fiona Apple-like qualities of Million Dollar Man. From the first time I heard it, it reminded me of some of Fiona Apples best songs from the 90s. If you are young and don't really know her, check out a song like this one:

Anyway, I wish Lana would do more songs in this style.

My second favorite from Born to Die!  :icant: I heard this song for the first time at the middle of the night, I was doing a research in a website when they started to play BTD. I usually pause the song, but how I was getting into her at the time and the song had already started, I decided to let them play. And holy shit, I'm glad I did this! I was hearing the lyrics, the melody and I really liked, but the climax was in "Come and take a walk on the wild side, let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain. You like your girls insane" :flutter: . The second verse simply blew my mind too! This gem brought me such a feeling and inspiration that I immediately downloaded and listened for the rest of the night!  :oprah: The music video is just amazing, one of my favorites too! :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

My second favorite from Born to Die!  :icant: I heard this song for the first time at the middle of the night, I was doing a research in a website when they started to play BTD. I usually pause the song, but how I was getting into her at the time and the song had already started, I decided to let them play. And holy :), I'm glad I did this! I was hearing the lyrics, the melody and I really liked, but the climax was in "Come and take a walk on the wild side, let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain. You like ACCORDING TO ALL KNOWN LAWS OF AVIATION THERE IS NO WAY A BEE SHOULD BE ABLE TO FLYs insane" :flutter: . The second verse simply blew my mind too! This gem brought me such a feeling and inspiration that I immediately downloaded and listened for the rest of the night!  :oprah: The music video is just amazing, one of my favorites too! :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  

what demo is this? :O