PARADIXO

Born to Die Turns Half a Decade Old!

I believed for the longest time that she sang "Buy her tonight, she's still shining" because imo it fit with the character and the mood of the song. And then I read that it's "Audiotune lies"  :biblio: What does that have to do with anything ? haha, but I love the song. Like a said earlier, it really tells a story and the mood is really unique. And of course the instrumental is beautiful ! 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I mean to say this in the least pretentious way but I think you gotta have some personal connection to addiction/know what it's like in order to really appreciate Carmen :hooker:

I agree, this song just captures the dual "lifestyle" you are living in that situation.

How others perceive you vs. how you perceive yourself....how everyone just encourages you and sees you having "fun"...inside and when you are alone, making dark decisions to get your fix..that's what others don't see.

She encapsulates it so well with this song. One of my favorites. 

My favorite live version, I think it really took her back emotionally to that place:

I kind of love the "Autotune lies" better then "Buy her tonight"!  :flutter: Even tho the last one may fit better, the "Autotune lies" it's a great metaphor to me and it makes sense because this song is related with the time she was trying her career and also goes along with the "Sing your song, song, now the camera's on".  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

Tbh I didn't even realise that Born To Die turned 5 years old, but today my mum goes to me "I saw that Lana's debut album is 5 years old" and I was like "omfg really? Thank you for remembering that!" And we had a whole discussion on how I came about Lana and everything-- honestly Lana's music has impacted my life a lot... and I'm not just saying that! She's fucked me up more than I can think, but I've loved it all and I'm so happy to see her progress so far :kiss: I'll love Lana forever

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

“Diet Mountain Dew”

This fast, infectious trip hop track about a “pretty girl” wondering if her love for this bad guy will last forever is a collaboration between Del Rey (lyrics, melody), Mike Daly (chords, vocal production) and producers Emile Haynie and Jeff Bhasker.

Personally, my favorite part of this song is the badass bassline played by Haynie and the whole atmosphere the chorus emanates.

One of the most controversial songs when it comes to the Haynie Production.

Honestly, I get why some people might not like this version of the song but as far as I'm concerned, I love it as much as all the demo version we have. It's juts a different atmosphere. (And to be honest, it's good to have another upbeat song in the album)

This is one of the first songs I heard after being hooked. I think it was the demo that was posted on her account, the one with the jazz piece concluding it. I was enthralled... 

This song is just one of those that you have to listen once to love, in my opinion. The chorus is so beautiful and melodious and it flows very well. My favorite moment is when the the chorus changes for "Baby stopping at 7/11, there in his White Pontiac Heaven"... It still excites me to this day, for some reason. 

Also, at first, I didn't know what Mtn Dew was so I thought she sang "Diamond Dew, Baby, New York City".

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

“Off to the Races”

Similar to “National Anthem” and “Diet Mountain Dew”, “Off to the Races” features heavy alternative hip hop beats, a catchy bassline, a powerful chorus and a bad girl attitude. The difference, though, is that this track is truly an emotional rollercoaster; throughout its 5 minutes, Del Rey’s voice expresses multiple, extreme emotions and moods and deals with unhealthy co-dependency (“I’m not afraid to say that I’d die without him”), drugs (“He loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart”) and money (“Give me them gold coins”). During its third chorus, Lana admits “I love you but I’m going down” and apparently loses him due to all this “Las Vegas chaos” they’re experiencing. She doesn’t lose faith, however, and promises he is her “one true love”. The song ends with a dramatic and nostalgic strings section, absolutely appropriate to conclude this tale of American trouble.

I remember hearing OTTR first time on tumblr and i actually had a vision of our Lordt and saviour Jesus Christ right then and there.

Best song off the album and one of her top 3 songs ever for me, sometimes its my #1 but then i hear West Coast and im reminded of its gloriousness.

OTTR is so big and epic, that beat, that build up in the last minute, the strings at the end.....gorgeous.

I'm actually crying right now typing this.

I wish it was a single.