Sitar

New Song Title Registered: "Young and in Love"

I want to know something: how do you guys feel about High by the Beach being the lead-single of Honeymoon?

Like, when it was finally released, did you guys feel disappointed or did you like it? Were you let down or were your expectations overcome?

And what if Honeymoon's lead single had been Music to Watch Boys to?

Would you have liked it? Do you think it'd have been better if MTWBT had been the lead-single instead of HBTB?

I absolutely love HBTB, was my favourite song out of HM alongside with Freak for a long time. When it was released it was fresh, catchy, it was something new, i loved the upbeat chorus and modern ish Lana. The music video seemed basic after first watch but then it got more and more interesting, people have found some hidden meanings in it.

I don't think that MTWBT is appropriate for radio and a lead single. Yeah, it's a bit faster than a regular Lana's song, it's catchy but still, meh. i think that it wouldn't sell any better than HBTB did.

EDIT: Also, in my opinion MTWBT MV is the worst Lana's music video all time. Literally nothing happened in it, just some cute posing by Lana and thats it.. Underwater scenes were totally useless since they've played bigger role in Freak video. Lazy, basic music video that brought nothing into HM era, just a cute visual. Would be great for a headphones advertisement tho.

:um3: :um3: :um3:

Would you have liked it? Do you think it'd have been better if MTWBT had been the lead-single instead of HBTB?

In terms of expecting what the album would be like it would've been more suitable. But even though HBTB isn't on BTD it still had that feel to it or rather, an inspiration from that era. More so, it does feel like what she said in terms if the album being a bit more similar to the BTD era. Though it would've allowed us to have made a better consensus on what the album would've sounded like. At least, the beginning of the album. Though, I do find it to be very varied. If The Blackest Day was a single, it would've been good as we could have 3 songs each describing in terms of sound & lyrical content what to anticipate for the Honeymoon era & album in itself.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

I want to know something: how do you guys feel about High by the Beach being the lead-single of Honeymoon?

Like, when it was finally released, did you guys feel disappointed or did you like it? Were you let down or were your expectations overcome?

I didn't like it at first because the build-up to it was so sloppy and it felt so different from UV and the HM song, that I saw it as off-putting (& I used to find trap beats really boring too). Now I really like it, I just wish it would have been better introduced and promoted.

I guess I would have felt better about it bc I actually love it and it would have been more in line with what we had been expecting at that point ; but probably not a smart move chart-wise. One or two tweaks to the beat & maybe they would have sent it to radios, idk

Idk but I feel like YAIL will be worse than HBTB since Eclipse said that it's not single-worthy and boring.

I liked HBTB from the beginning and after it got released I thought the whole album would have that sound, and thats why I was kinda disappointed when the full album came out.

I think HTBT wasnt a good choice. A lead single should show how the album goes to be. And HTBT dont show that. I think HBTB is different from the album. Maybe she should chose Blackest Day Or Religion, but put HTBT for lead single sounds she would come with a pop and commercial album, and in my opnion Honeymoon doesnt sound like that

:hooker:

I think HTBT wasnt a good choice. A lead single should show how the album goes to be. And HTBT dont show that. I think HBTB is different from the album. Maybe she should chose Blackest Day Or Religion, but put HTBT for lead single sounds she would come with a pop and commercial album, and in my opnion Honeymoon doesnt sound like that

beloved, hbtb was the only song on the album that was able to be used as a single.

she may not get airplay, but at least she should potentially have something palatable without shooting herself in the leg with bores like religion

The first song that introduced the era was the title song. I dont think anybody expected commercial album after hearing that.

photo-13557.jpg?_r=1479143786

When I first heard HBTB the day it leaked I thought it was a complete and utter sh*t, it felt so bland and not Lana at all, I was expecting something more dramatic and beautiful instrumental wise, something along the lines of Honeymoon (song), when I first heard Honeymoon I was sent to heaven, it was so beautiful IMO and the bridge was heavenly and even though everyone complained about the lyrics (dark blue, dark blue :hoe: ) I thought they were perfect and fitted the song pretty well, anyways, I learned to love HBTB and have accepted it as the weird sad angry bop it is :smile:

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

In all honesty even tho i got bored of the track pretty soon it was the most radio-friendly song on the album and so the best to serve as a lead single. Not saying it had many chances of becoming a hit, but with the good video and a new trippy/upbeat soung it sure drew some attention

giphy.gif

In all honesty even tho i got bored of the track pretty soon it was the most radio-friendly song on the album and so the best to serve as a lead single. Not saying it had many chances of becoming a hit, but with the good video and a new trippy/upbeat soung it sure drew some attention

Lol anyways

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif