Carmen

Twitter Updates

Perhaps the Cake reference is to the mystical MacArthur Park (in L.A.) that was melting in the dark after someone left the cake out in the rain

and it took so long to bake it, and they'll never have that recipe again.

Perhaps a duet on a Jimmy Webb song?

btw,

Congrats to Jodie Foster for picking up the love theme

and for getting out and engaging in politics and telling young people to run for office, much like Lana's message in Love,

much like Rebel Alliance leader of the resistance President-in-exile Hillary Clinton.

the force is with the young people.

and remember the ending words of "Honeymoon"

DON'T LET ME BE MISUNDERSTOOD

it's a woman's world.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

50616103782_c89d86b844_b.jpg

She also liked some fan replies

50616103802_6f00905741_b.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I'm truly heartbroken and have nobody to talk to it about.

Why witchcraft? Why the occult?

I have loved her and have loved her music for a long time, but i truly believe that association with the occult is evil or could lead to evil doings. Why did Lana have to go that way??

I understand some of her fans think its and stuff, but really its not. She could have done all of her deeds without involving occultism. I truly believe that. But now I'm heartbroken. Heartbroken because I may have to cut such a big part of my life out.

One of the few things that I love

giphy.gif

I have loved her and have loved her music for a long time, but i truly believe that association with the occult is evil or could lead to evil doings. Why did Lana have to go that way??

I understand some of her fans think its and stuff, but really its not. She could have done all of her deeds without involving occultism. I truly believe that. But now I'm heartbroken. Heartbroken because I may have to cut such a big part of my life out.

Cut the intolerance, I think it will help

Honestly....  When I first read ab this this week I was like cool w/e

But when lana got involved I'm like ok got it I'm a witch now. 

Lana calls imma come thru (video in progress):

RRFMrQo.jpg

bUfFOEP.jpg

eta from snapchat: 

and I was also shooting w the cool vhs app:

Iconic

50684405173_7f85230958_o.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Good. Now go away in peace.

( i think the witchcraft interest only makes her more open minded. She may still identify as christian but christian witches ARE a thing, and they are just as valid as both christians and witches. They are just christians who pray and devote themselves in a different way outside of the church. Religions and spiritualities dont need to be separate. You'll find your life is much better when you realise this xx )

I love mom and all but this is very /r/im14andthisisdeep/  lol

The way I interpret this stonerism (?) is:

life imitates ( art imitates (life imitates art)).

Maybe "life" is always going to get the last word (the first word syntactically), given art is a biological process. The philosopher nerd in me thinks the quote is supposed to go "Art imitates Life" (historically). However, google has brought to my attention that Oscar Wilde has articulated about the other order:

The way I interpret this stonerism (?) is:

life imitates ( art imitates (life imitates art)).

Maybe "life" is always going to get the last word (the first word syntactically), given art is a biological process. The philosopher nerd in me thinks the quote is supposed to go "Art imitates Life" (historically). However, google has brought to my attention that Oscar Wilde has articulated about the other order:

She's referencing Wilde, and likely believes more so in his interpretation as well. Many artists do, and I can see her having taken it up as something of a motto. She shapes her life to imitate art, and in general, the times we live in can seem so surreal, it may feel like that anyway.

tZ7WN4B.gif