Carmen

Twitter Updates

2010s tumblr culture was literally all about romanticising lolita and 298 other pieces of work which fit the teenage "soft grunge" aesthethic whatever that was considering it kinda comprised of anything that looked cool, cute, throwbacky or somewhat vintage americana...

i think people can rightfully criticise someone romanticising the relationship and character dynamics in lolita if that's their main reason why they like the book but like... who even thought about getting literature recommendations from madison beer out of all people 

and why are people bringing lana into this, she hasn't relied on any of this since her debut record (which was like 5 albums ago)

this is still a bop though (and lyrically more problematic than any track on btd on this regard) miss annedauphine would agree

you can enjoy problematic things i guess but it's about how you go on about them

I agree on both. I completely condone the tone of this song and one reason I truly love it is partly because I genuinely grew up with it. But man, it's SO problematic

Edit: I want to add that it's problematic but it's also a criticism

Edit 2: God I fucking love this song. Play it at my funerals

ZKcaooE.png

Lana tweeted out about Violet & included a selfie, her first tweet in 2 months - 

50095854597_559b7b6d3c_o.png50095628756_ff074a6e3a_o.png50095628611_733470d0bd_o.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

You can tell by the swagger and the lips!  :hooker:

(And the lashes!!! Great to see her feeling herself like this  :wub: )

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt