naachoboy

Weyes Blood

Never really listened to her but had seen her mentioned around here quite a bit. That was until yesterday when I gave Front Row Seat to Earth a full listen and wow!!!! Loved everything about it, very 70’s. It was a great album. She reminds me so much of singers like Joni Mitchell, Carole King, Ann Wilson, and even a bit of Sarah Mclachlan. She’s an amazing lyricist.

Anyways gave the new stuff a listen and the production is amazing. Different than the previous album but familiar at the same time, really looking forward to it! When is it supposed to be released? Can’t believe I slept so long on her.

Never really listened to her but had seen her mentioned around here quite a bit. That was until yesterday when I gave Front Row Seat to Earth a full listen and wow!!!! Loved everything about it, very 70’s. It was a great album. She reminds me so much of singers like Joni Mitchell, Carole King, Ann Wilson, and even a bit of Sarah Mclachlan. She’s an amazing lyricist.

Anyways gave the new stuff a listen and the production is amazing. Different than the previous album but familiar at the same time, really looking forward to it! When is it supposed to be released? Can’t believe I slept so long on her.

yess im glad u likeddd her!! and i think the album is cominh on April 5 but u can stream it here if u preorder https://megamart.subpop.com/releases/weyes_blood/titanic_rising

It really is amazing, all of the songs are great and go perfectly together. My faves are Andromeda, Something to Believe, Mirror Forever, and Wild Time. That said every song is great.

Listened to this person for the first time today. Just like Billie Elish, I don't get the big deal.

giphy.gif

To each their own, music is of course subjective. That said there is no comparison between Weyes and Billie lol! It’s like apples and oranges. Weyes is a real singer/songwriter type on a whole other level. At least that’s my two cents.

I also hadn’t listened to Weyes before until about a week and a half ago. I stanned that 60’s/70’s vibe instantly. Contemporary yet classic! Either way sorry you couldn’t get into it.