latothemoon

Tei Shi

I've had the chance to listen to the album a few times now and its soooo good, I can tell it'll be so replayable and its a major step up from anything she's put out before. Absolutely kms because she opened for the MØ show I went to but I missed her set :( And I was like hella more excited for her

HELLO THERE i saw this woman live last night as a last minute surprise and she was SO GOOD LIKE OMG

This album translates so well live, I can't even describe it. A queen. Also got to meet her and hug her and get pics she's just precious.

OH MY GOSH POST THE PICS I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU :crying:

MkWI4Ns.png

HELLO THERE i saw this woman live last night as a last minute surprise and she was SO GOOD LIKE OMG

This album translates so well live, I can't even describe it. A queen. Also got to meet her and hug her and get pics she's just precious.

Throwback to me standing in another room listening to the wrong band while she played because the venue had two stages :azealia:

Throwback to me standing in another room listening to the wrong band while she played because the venue had two stages :azealia:

......... omfg this is a tragedy i'm so sorry to hear this

I'm telling you she is like 40x better live than on record and thats saying a lot bc her songs are fucking great!

H0bDaqU.gif

"Tei Shi (aka Valerie Teicher Barbosa) is the colombian Buenos Aires-born, Vancouver-raised, New York-based singer winning over the city with her lithe vocals and ethereal pounding bass, just don't describe it as R&B."

(i-d: https://i-d.vice.com/en_uk/article/j58mzx/tei-shi-makes-music-for-mermaids)

She's amazing. She has worked with so many of my favorite artists: Patrick Wimberly (from Chairlift), Blood Orange, Grimes (cameos on kill v maim) and on.

If you like Caroline Polachek, Empress Of, Solange, Kelela, Grimes, HANA, Shura and/or Kimbra, I'm sure you'll love her.

Her voice is quite unique, she's got a really good range and she has a very distinct sound.

Her releases up to now have been: 
2013 - Saudade EP
artworks-000062214943-qipxcv-t500x500.jp

2015 - Verde EP

410FURa7DVL.jpg

2017 - Debut album: Crawl Space

3277f02c5880b79bb62d64e449c25d60.jpg

2019 - La Linda (my favorite up to now, this is an AMAZING album)

tei-shi-1.jpg

2020 - Die 4 Ur Love EP (Sounds REALLY good, it seems she found her sound)

tei-shi-die-4-ur-love-ep.jpg

Some videos: