Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

Heart Shaped Box studio cover, please Lana, make it happen :cumming2:

Oh no. 

If I had a wish, I would love to see an album without covers. Open with your own words and close with your own words.

Exciting! Waiting for a release date for the single and album. Make it happen, Lana!

I love Honeymoon, i think that it's her more mature work, a perfect mix between BTD and UV. So, i hope that for this new era there's no commercial, pop and radiophonic deviation. I want Lana to continue on this road, evolving and maturing more and more, by becoming a still point in the history of music. I'm italian, sorry for my bad english. :)

Wow I have a music and design workshop and I had to do a presentation on pop music design and my teacher immediately said Lana was "morbidly depressive" before I even started. Like it can be seen as true but did I ask?? There was 36 covers why'd she pick her out I don't even wear my sweater :toofunny: It's 2017, why do people still think this of Lana, she's either catalogued as sugary vintage bohème or straight ass slow and depressive, literally one of the reasons I love her music that much is because of the variety of styles, ok it's a dominant trait in her released albums to not be particularly fast music but it's so cliché and boring. I want LD5 to be more pop or at least have electronic / boppy vibes  because I'm tired as hell of people having a negative opinion of her because they only see the aspects of her music that's visible on most cliché released songs, I want Lana to show them she's so much more than that, even though she doesn't have to justify herself. She's said so many times in interviews how much she cares about the critics opinions and how much it affects them, to the point of wanting to look as normal as possible. Well I want her to be herself and maybe it's being slow and depressive, yes, it might be, but I want her to be unapologetic about that and use it against people that condemn her, and I think LDR5 might be about, I think it started with Honeymoon, this idea of very lowkey empowering, like "I'm submissive but it's because I chose it because I love it and I'm taking control back over my fame". I think she's changing as well; her clothing style is changing, she's much more political, she's taking much more time to get this album out; I think it's just the machinery that got in place perhaps after the Born To Die backlash and kept on with Ultraviolence that's starting to be visible.

It's not to Lana to apologize to the critics, she doesn't has to apologize to anyone and if her music is like this then so be it, as long as she's happy to make it, I'm fine with anything, and even if one day I don't relate to her or appreciate her musically, I just hope that she'll continue being happy and do what is true to her above everything else because it's one of the biggest lessons she taught me

ZKcaooE.png

I don't think she will release anything soon... cause now that Katy Perry will release her new single, and maybe in a few months the new album, i think that all the media's attention will be towards her

Although would Lana be interested in media attention? Hopefully since they are quite different markets her label won't stop her releasing new music at the same time as Katy Perry.... I hope....

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Although would Lana be interested in media attention? Hopefully since they are quite different markets her label won't stop her releasing new music at the same time as Katy Perry.... I hope....

Maybe Lana is not too much interested but her label surely is. But yeah they are different markets so I hope that too

I don't think she will release anything soon... cause now that Katy Perry will release her new single, and maybe in a few months the new album, i think that all the media's attention will be towards her

I truly don't think Lana cares

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

im hoping that this album has more electronic influences

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyeFciT03i4

a song like this would be :defeated:

OMG! I ADORE Susanne Sundfør! I'd love for Lana to make a song with that kind of vibe, or perhaps something with a similar vibe to her 'Ten Love Songs' album? I can see Lana at least enjoying songs like 'Darlings' or 'Memorial'

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

Maybe Lana is not too much interested but her label surely is. But yeah they are different markets so I hope that too

Katy is a big release and it really doesn't matter if Lana waits a week or eight after Katy since Katy will take her down anyway. Lana is not a very strong single seller in the US.

I think Interscope's focus is on Nose since Jopanned didn't really do very well, but after the SB and the Grammy performance, it will let her album ride for a few weeks on top. During that time, Interscope will not have a big release, neither single nor album.