Flowerbomb

Jeff Buckley

I've seen many suggestions on here that lean towards pop artists so I thought I'd suggest someone a little different.

I mentioned the musician Jeff Buckley in a forum and I just thought that perhaps maybe some of you guys might like his stuff. He's an incredible singer and Lana herself is also a fan.

I have been a fan of his work for many years now and I've never looked back. I'm always glad I found out about him (although to be honest, I wasn't too keen on him at first) but after a few more listens, I became obsessed.

I think I'd suggest his cover of 'The Other Woman' first since that is also a song Lana covered so you guys already know how that one goes. I find his version to be more clearer and not so muffled like Lana's but I love them both dearly.

Other songs:

Hallelujah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIF4_Sm-rgQ

Last Goodbye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MMXjunSx80

tumblr_omcuqefgWw1w79khio1_1280.jpg

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

My favourite vocalist  :flutter:

Favourite songs by him would be Grace, Morning Theft and Dream Brother (which I think Lana has mentioned before)

I think I prefer Lana's cover of the other woman to his but they're both good.

I miss him a lot sometimes.  

My favourite vocalist  :flutter:

Favourite songs by him would be Grace, Morning Theft and Dream Brother (which I think Lana has mentioned before)

I think I prefer Lana's cover of the other woman to his but they're both good.

I miss him a lot sometimes.  

Yay! Another Jeff Buckley fan!! Ugh, I miss him every single day, but his legacy will always carry on... </3 Morning Theft is everything, I'm listening to it non stop :P

I looooooooove him! I was just talking about this performance yesterday, his last recorded one <3 

(idk why it starts 4 minutes in but whatever)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAokZRS7II4&feature=youtu.be&t=1

That was a great performance, he never fails to impress me. :) Have you noticed that this particular recording Jeff sounds more...depressed? Espcially compared to Sine-é back in the early 90's. Idk, maybe it's just me..but I feel like he knew his time was coming.. :(

Not to mention, he was also a really, really good guitar player ! I love Dream Brother and his Dylan covers

Absolutely! Have you heard 'Mama, You Been On My Mind'? It's my favourite Dylan cover he did, it's so good! <3

He was first brought to my attention by LDR mentioning him in the context of desert island discs on some video interview. Then there was an early InRockuptibles article where she mentions him in the context of Elliott Smith:

<<<<<

interviewer: The stage, is it never a pleasure?

LDR: I’m too focused to let myself go, I’m afraid of mistakes, so I control everything. When I see images of Jeff Buckley, this extraordinary freedom, I tell myself that he really incarnates music. I don’t. I don’t let myself evade. Music was his life. I constantly think about him. Also about Elliott Smith. But I had to get rid of all of his albums, I felt a certain hostility [from them], an evil side…

>>>>>

What I understand her to be saying, after my finding and listening to Grace, is that she thinks music history would have been quite different had he (and Smith) lived longer. I mean it's really weird what she's saying otherwise, unless she's talking about the evil from a very great loss. Also, in addition to Jeff's unusually beautiful originals, most remember his Cohen cover, but I know I nearly cried after finding out he had covered Benjamin Britten on the same album. You don't see that kind of musical breadth everyday.

Does anybody have any Jeff vinyls? I only have Grace. I've seen Sketches around quite a lot but I don't know where people get it from, I've looked everywhere :krylie:

150540361478246673-640x640-886976389314.

Does anybody have any Jeff vinyls? I only have Grace. I've seen Sketches around quite a lot but I don't know where people get it from, I've looked everywhere :krylie:150540361478246673-640x640-886976389314.

I've seen them on Amazon and Ebay before but I'm guessing you've looked there??

original.png

I've seen them on Amazon and Ebay before but I'm guessing you've looked there??

I looked on eBay (UK) and it's like, £30 :eek: maybe I should start saving up some money lol