Elle

Cat Pierce (CAT)

what did you guys think of California Winter?

At first I thought it had a Coachella-esque production  :eek:

...And then the chorus hit  :flutter:  I've only had one listen so far but I like it!

It's really amazing, I can't wait for her album I wonder when it's coming

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I am so glad to hear you're enjoying it!! All we know is that she's in the process of recording it, but I will definitely keep this thread updated on any sort of news. I would recommend listening to some old 'The Pierces' albums in the meantime.. especially 'Thirteen Tales of Love and Revenge' and 'Creation' since that sounds like more of the direction CAT is going in. 

I recommend Three Wishes, It Was You, & Go to Heaven from 'Thirteen Tales...' and Monsters, The One I Want, & I Can Feel from 'Creation'!

Sorry to quote your post after such a long time haha.

So since apparently there's still no word on Cat's solo album, I decided to check out The Pierces and listened to the songs you mentioned. I think I enjoy her solo tracks more, but some of these are still really good. Listening to It Was You, for example, was such an experience, like WOW, what a song! I think I'll dive a bit deeper into their discography, I have a feeling that I might be in for a treat.  :creep:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Sorry to quote your post after such a long time haha.

So since apparently there's still no word on Cat's solo album, I decided to check out The Pierces and listened to the songs you mentioned. I think I enjoy her solo tracks more, but some of these are still really good. Listening to It Was You, for example, was such an experience, like WOW, what a song! I think I'll dive a bit deeper into their discography, I have a feeling that I might be in for a treat.  :creep:

Yay, I'm so glad to hear you're exploring their old discography! The Pierces' various albums are among my all time favourites. Thirteen Tales, You & I, and Creation are all masterpieces.. Light of the Moon is great too. Even their first self-titled album from 17 years ago has some gems in it as well. Can't wait to hear more about what you think! :kiss:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Cat's song 'You Belong to Me' will be on tonight's episode of Riverdale!

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

“Go To Hell” was a huge asset for me when I went through my one and only heartbreak almost two years ago. My other favorites of hers are You Belong To Me and Sometimes You Lose. 

Maybe an unpopular idea: I prefer The Pierces over just CAT. There’s something magical about their voices harmonizing that just clicks. I imagine there’s also an element of nostalgia since I first heard their music when they were a duo, but overall the quality of the music was incredible!