Sitar

Official Single Premiere: "LOVE"

i am psyched for a live performance with guitar. it would sound great acoustic too, with piano and guitar. do you think because ~this record is for the fans~ that means she'll do tv performances again? :teehee:

So far everything looks high budget, it would be sad to waste it w low promo and no TV performances and I think her confidence is at an all time high bc she doesn't seem that brothered by the single leaking...(unless she's hiding her sadness)

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

To me, collabs are just not interesting. I come to hear the singer sing. It upsets me when i have to hear some other stupid artist who i probably won't even like interfere with a beautiful Lana song and kill the vibe. I don't want any collabs but i think there is gonna be some on this new record. As long as it's with some legendary singer. At least if your gonna collab, you may as well do it right. And PLEASE for heaven sake, no Adele.

She'd sound great with a male singer, like Lou Reed. But he's dead now so :(

Also, why does the radio have to change songs? What is it with people thinking the only form of good music has to be upbeat?

But anyway, i love LOVE <3 x

And i hope it isn't disrespected and changed on the radio. I want people to hear the real thing. It's true form. Because it's beautiful.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

To me, collabs are just not interesting. I come to hear the singer sing. It upsets me when i have to hear some other stupid artist who i probably won't even like interfere with a beautiful Lana song and kill the vibe. I don't want any collabs but i think there is gonna be some on this new record. As long as it's with some legendary singer. At least if your gonna collab, you may as well do it right. And PLEASE for heaven sake, no Adele.

Also, why does the radio have to change songs? What is it with people thinking the only form of good music has to be upbeat?

And i hope it isn't disrespected and changed on the radio. I want people to hear the real thing. It's true form. Because it's beautiful.

People are so close minded about collabs, but they have the potential to pull the artist in an interesting direction, and introduce new fans to lana's music. I always think of summer wine or riverside, like her voice always sounded beautiful with Barry's voice and together they made a way more interesting song and narrative than I think those songs would have been if just sung by one person

I really agree. I wouldn't mind maybe 1 or 2 collabs but everyone has made it seem like half the songs will be featuring other artists.. I wouldn't mind Abel or ASAP, but tbh I feel like Lanas voice would not work well with many other female artists- even if I loved the artist I just think Lanas voice is too unique and wouldn't mash with voices like Adele or Marina 

Yeah this sounds just like it would've been on an album with Angels Forever, Forever Angels, Starry Eyed, JFK, Hollywood, and IDWG.

Also like I Can Fly.

Lyrics are simple but it was very jarring to have Lana sing to me - the "you kids" line and "you're young and in love". Liked that she changed it to "I" at the end.

I'm PRAYING the Love music video isn't like half black and white and half coloured like it looks from the short teasers she put on insta :defeated: I don't want no MTWBT mess 2.0

giphy.gif

I'm PRAYING the Love music video isn't like half black and white and half coloured like it looks from the short teasers she put on insta :defeated: I don't want to MTWBT mess 2.0

there's no way it can be! The floating car part is definitely the beginning of the video, and I know for a fact that car contains Lana, that part is in color! I think she just put a black and white filter over that clip. :heart:

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

I feel like "Love" is a very filtered version of what Lana normally releases. It feels too commercial and less artistic. Even the lyrics seem to lack that certain special Lana flavour. It feels lazy and rushed. I feel like she's regressed with this song. It doesn't feel single worthy. I hope the rest of the album isn't like this single. We know Lana is capable of so much more. Just listen to "Fine China" the lyrics are sooo beautiful, her vocals are angelic af and the melodies are so dreamy. That song transports me into a heavenly state of pure bliss. I need more "Fine China" type songs tbh. It feels like her management forced her to release something more commercial and less artsy. Idk It just lacks that certain Lana flavour that we all love :'(