Sign in to follow this  
AKASAKA SAWAYAMA

Love

I LOVE IT

actually it's the first time Lana talks directly to her fans in her music (or at least i think so) and i feel even closer to her

she actually cares about us guys  :crying5: 
and the fact that in the last chorus she changes 'you' to 'i' just unhhhhhh

can't speak rn

It reminds me a loooottttttt of Flipside. I absolutely adore it. My roommate and I just listened to it and she said she heard a "hint of country" and I kind of agree with her. Her 'Joanne' is coming :creep:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Look at you kids with your vintage music
Comin' through satellites while cruisin'
You're part of the past, but now you're the future
Signals crossing can get confusing

I want a futuristic video

Also "don't worry baby" its my favorite part of the song, it's so heavenly 

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

I LOVE IT

actually it's the first time Lana talks directly to her fans in her music (or at least i think so) and i feel even closer to her

she actually cares about us guys  :crying5: 

and the fact that in the last chorus she changes 'you' to 'i' just unhhhhhh

can't speak rn

why do you think that she's talking to us? i mean, thats lovely, but i just cant see rn

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

There's so much packed in this record that it would be a travesty to overlook it all. 1st and foremost to me is the apparent message that can be conveyed. I feel like it speaks to the current political climate in america. With everything that has gone on these past few months.

The lyrics: 

Look at you kids, you know you're the coolest

The world is yours and you can't refuse it
Seen so much, you could get the blues
But that don't mean that you should abuse it

[Pre-Chorus]
Though it's enough just to make you go crazy, crazy, crazy
I know, it's enough just to make you go crazy, crazy, crazy

And to mention the last few lines of the 1st verse: 

You're part of the past, but now you're the future
Signals crossing can get confusing

Another thing i'd like to point out is the "Don't Worry Baby" song lyric and brief melody usage which references the Beach Boys' 1964 record of the same name. Also If you listen back to both Love and Don't Worry Baby you can definitely pick up on a feel and hints of the Beach Boys' record throughout Love. The soundscape of music give mes the feeling of spacious, majestic, outside space with floating satellites. Which is why the poster and Lana's reference is well placed. There's a lot going on with this record as always with any of her music.

i sense a little political undertone. she's telling us liberals to continue on

I had a feeling she'd do that somewhere on the album. Lana is incredibly smart imo and she's not shallow. Plus all the secret hints on social media. She had been hinting us the whole time probably ;)

How do you guys think this is politically motivated?

Telling us the world is ours, that we make a difference. It's very democratic really

Not the whole song ofc, just here and there :) we're part of the past, and now we're the future as well is a strong hint. She gets it.

i love that she subtly acknowledges the political climate and how it's giving us "the blues", but not to use those emotions to take advantage or turn our backs on America quite yet. 

i'm just living for the fact that its her memento to us. cannot waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit for the visuals. :) is finally taking her "dark blue" motif seriously

remember how i said honeymoon was "heaven" and i was hoping ldr5 would be the rebirth of lana del rey? i think the last chorus confirms that, for me at least :hooker:

You mean rebirth as in she's back and actively sending a message to us? Cause I agree xx of that's what u mean

nah

to sum up my theory it's that AKA is the childhood and prequel to Born To Die, the latter half of LDR's life and her inevident death due to her choices. Paradise is purgatory, displaying both heaven and sin to LDR as a choice. The road to down to hell and desire is UV, and the road up to heaven and reflection is HM. LDR5 was the literal rebirth of the LDR persona, to do things over once more.. the right way. that's just a lil story i associate with it allor!!!! like rebirth in a jesus sense perhaps...she takes her lessons from the afterlife and teaches the people this moral guidebook in the form of an angel or saint

that would be a more suitable way to incorporate the visuals we're given

Interesting! I could also agree

I was feeling such a "I'm talkin' about my generation, talkin' about that newer nation" when Eclipse said the "Look at you kids with your vintage music" line. I'm so happy it turn out to be really this! I'm loving this era already, I think this album has potential to even be my favorite actually! :oprah:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

because she's speaking to a whole generation that is going through a difficult time and living through a turbulent era of politics. we have also witnessed her dipping her toes into politics and look at her insta bio--"you know where I've been, now let me show you where we're headed"--she's writing with more universal themes this time around instead of about her past. she's looking into the future, imagining it. i hope we see a lot more of that on the album.

let me be who i'm meant to be

The lyrics may seem simple, but I really think this song is very powerful, even more coming from her, I'm so used to have Lana tell us about love, sadness, loved ones leaving, but this is different, she's really going for a different perspective with this song, this is like, her first lead that isn't talking about being heartbroken or about a relationship.

She says this one's for us and I can totally see it, this is beautiful :xcry: I can feel her talking directly to us, a youth anthem.

"You're part of the past, but now you're the future"

"The world is yours and you can't refuse it"

"Seen so much, you could get the blues, but that don't mean that you should abuse it" 

Her singing "Don't worry baby" truly saved me, cured me and purified me, she really did THAT.

7vwRGdA.gif

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

read.the.lyrics.

"You're part of the past, but now you're the future" what else could this line imply lmao

"The world is yours and you cant refuse it, seen so much you could get the blues"

"dont worry baby"

also lana acknowledged recent events and said its her "artists to duty .. to reflect the times" (she had made SEVERAL posts on instagram and twitter about it too) so she finally is

its literally a song about young kids not giving up because they're the future

and ofcourse lana being the little liberal she is she captioned the recent video on instagram "all you need is Love"