Sign in to follow this  
AKASAKA SAWAYAMA

Love

I'm delusional because i pointed out that lana said she wanted to reflect the current times with her music? and then after release a single about young kids becoming the future. ok, i don't think I'm the delusional one here

I'm delusional because i pointed out that lana said she wanted to reflect the current times with her music? and then after release a single about young kids becoming the future. ok, i don't think I'm the delusional one here

He supports Trump, so it's not surprising he's trying so hard to say it's not true  :facepalm:

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

'All You Need Is Love' has always been a political message, when applied to music.

The Beatles were asked to come up with a song with a message understood by everyone. "It was an inspired song and they really wanted to give the world a message", said Brian Epstein. "The nice thing about it is that it cannot be misinterpreted. It is a clear message saying that love is everything."[4] According to journalist Jade Wright, "Lennon was fascinated by the power of slogans to unite people and never afraid to create art out of propaganda. When asked in 1971 whether songs like "Give Peace a Chance" and "Power to the People" were propaganda songs, he answered: 'Sure. So was All You Need Is Love. I'm a revolutionary artist. My art is dedicated to change.'"[4]

Not wanting to go to deep levels of overreaching, but there aren't any lines of the song that talk about romantic love at all.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

When did I ever say I supported trump? :eartha:

It's quite obvious with your ideas on politics. You hate the BLM movement, you're a conservative, you actively discourage anything the Left does, and (from what I've seen) believes reverse racism exists.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

It's quite obvious with your ideas on politics. You hate the BLM movement, you're a conservative, you actively discourage anything the Left does, and (from what I've seen) believes reverse racism exists.

So.. When did I ever say/show my support for trump tho?

Y'all need to stop.. This song was written possibly over a year ago- I highly doubt she wrote it with political intentions. It's probably just about how beautiful it is to be young, like a tribute to her young fans. 

Y'all need to stop.. This song was written possibly over a year ago- I highly doubt she wrote it with political intentions. It's probably just about how beautiful it is to be young, like a tribute to her young fans. 

Firstly, how on earth is anyone supposed to take you seriously with a username like that?  :toofunny:

Second of all, it's really not that much of a reach considering she has posted things on her social media about how it is an artist's duty to reflect the times and how she has been posting a bunch of political stuff, like Obama ending access to the Dakota Pipeline and so on. Just because you have a different interpretation of a song doesn't mean that anyone whose view is different is wrong. 

Firstly, how on earth is anyone supposed to take you seriously with a username like that?  :toofunny:

Second of all, it's really not that much of a reach considering she has posted things on her social media about how it is an artist's duty to reflect the times and how she has been posting a bunch of political stuff, like Obama ending access to the Dakota Pipeline and so on. Just because you have a different interpretation of a song doesn't mean that anyone whose view is different is wrong. 

I don't think it's wrong- and usually I'm way more open to interpretation- but considering eclipse had the lyrics back in April and Lana stated she was already working on music immediately after hm was released, I just feel like the song was probably written before 2016 even started and I just really doubt she would be making any serious political statements like that before trumps campaign (or really any republican) was taken seriously. I feel like we may hear some political references in the rest of the album, but I personally am not hearing it in Love. 

also i feel lik i connect 2 the phrase "eat my ass" so lik u cnt judge me

I have some interpretations going on in my head rn, I will try:

1. This song is like how this new generation is very nostalgic about the past, yet there's still the future and it's as beautiful as that time, you know? Like, our world's history and everything we lived it's fascinating, it's nice to remember. But look to this new world! The opportunities and possibilities brought by the advancement of technology for example, they are infinity! Let's use these, enjoy our lives and keep evolving, then pass the same message for the next generation and keep going until we...Idk, reach world peace :flutter: ("All you need is love" :flutter: ). And it's confusing, it fucks our heads sometimes. I mean, we are kind of responsible now to keep writing the history! May the past, the nostalgia be a form of escapism? :whatever2: But look, "don't worry, baby". It's hard, but they trust you! I know you can do it! :holla:

Edit: Finish a second one

2. Now a closer look: "Life is beautiful, but you don't have a clue"

She said it's about us, right? She knows how the majority of us are, her effect on our lives, how is our generation, etc. And she "got the blues" too so she knows how we feel. So what she's doing now with this song is basically "Life is still so beautiful", "Darlin', you can't let everything seem so dark blue", "Give heaven a try. Be young and be wild. Be free and alive", no matter what. It's the most important :)

Now mix these two and we have the song, I think. All the world kind of like a weight in our shoulders, the hard time we have to pass to grow up and our busy lives, all these things makes us feel "blue" (in Lana language :oic: ). But it doesn't matter anymore because all we need is to be young and in love, it's enough to pass through any barriers (thank you so much for this, Lana :defeated: ).

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

Can't really share the excitement about the lyrics, they are the weak part of the track to me.

It sounds a bit like she collected lines from the instagram and tumblr accounts of her teenage fans ... they are pretty much the clichee lyrics people use in LDR parodies. The delivery kinda makes up for it, but I'd love it if the bridge would be more powerful

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Can't really share the excitement about the lyrics, they are the weak part of the track to me.

It sounds a bit like she collected lines from the instagram and tumblr accounts of her teenage fans ... they are pretty much the clichee lyrics people use in LDR parodies. The delivery kinda makes up for it, but I'd love it if the bridge would be more powerful

I painfully have to kind of agree... The song is amazing nonetheless in my opinion and goes way above everything getting played on the radio, but I feel like... I dunno... Shes done better lyrically. I was frankly let down by the bridge. Still an icon though and the lyrics are good don't get me wrong just not her absolute best