Say Yes to Heaven

Music Video Premiere: "Love"

im probably going to get skinned alive for supporting honeymoon on this site but like... i genuinely like the high by the beach video better than this

ive been a fan of lana since 2013 and it just doesnt feel like the same lana ive been listening to for three years

pNjWdpc.png

Lol how? The song/video is total Lana.

Probably because lana dared to smile throughout most of it

Which I loved. Evolution of an artist makes a true artist and a lot of times why I support specific people, including Lana.

If I hear the same thing album after album, I'm put off and looking for something new

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

The thing that really annoyed me the most is lana videos used to basically be all lana, but over the course of the honeymoon period to now, they add so many others shots that'd be so much better if they were just lana (ala freak those ugly chicks touching the hobo beard guy like sry not v interesting to me)

Like idk if i'm just weird and alone in it but the flying cars, being in town, walking over the moon mountains (or w/e the :)they are) the lake under the stars
All those scenes didn't have lana in them and I would've just prefered it if she was in them all, like for the lake one it could've literally been her swimming in the water, or walking over those mountains 

Her singing scenes basically just seemed like a framing device for other scenes that weren't even a proper story 

Like it's not terrible but eh would've prefered more lana 

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

The thing that really annoyed me the most is they used to basically be all lana, but over the course of the honeymoon period to now, they add so many others shots that'd be so much better if they were just lana

Like idk if i'm just weird and alone in it but the flying cars, being in town, walking over the moon mountains (or w/e the :)they are) the lake under the stars

All those scenes didn't have lana in them and I would've just prefered it if she was in them all, like for the lake one it could've literally been her swimming in the water, or walking over those mountains

Her singing scenes basically just seemed like a framing device for other scenes that weren't even a proper story

Like it's not terrible but eh would've prefered more lana

But thats the story of the song though. She isn't singing about Love with her, its love in general, she is actually singing a love anthem for us, thats why they're watching her on stage, her eyes turn into space first and then everyone is transported with her, shes the ring leader.

Music To Watch Boys to featured her........watching boys.

Freak was about being in a group setting with a cult leader.

She can't explore themes and stories just by herself visually, thats not very dynamic.

But thats the story of the song though. She isn't singing about Love with her, its love in general, she is actually singing a love anthem for us, thats why they're watching her on stage, her eyes turn into space first and then everyone is transported with her, shes the ring leader.

She can't explore themes and stories just by herself visually, thats not very dynamic.

i mean you have a point, but even if there was nobody else in the video but lana in the scenes, random streets and coffee shops with flying cars in space doesnt "scream lana"

thats like, the least "lana" thing i could think of for a music video from her

but this could just be because lana almost never writes songs where the stories arent about her

pNjWdpc.png

The MV doesn't have to basically explain the song though, it's boring 

By this logic every song has to make sense through the MV 

MTWBT featured her watching boys, but also featured a load of scenes of chicks swimming and staring at eachother in a pool, so how was that the exploring the song through visuals?

HBTB was just her the whole time, even though she was talking about a guy through most of it, but no guy in the video, nor was she getting high even though that was basically the song

Just because the MV is as you see, an extension of exploring the song, doesn't mean it's therefore not able to be criticized, because overall it was still boring, the story element linking the song with young teens in love still didn't make it less boring, seeing it now it's easy to say /why/ she's doing it, but doesn't make it less uninteresting because there was a slight link to the song in doing it   

She can sing a song but still just have it be her in an MV  :crossed:

The MV doesn't have to basically explain the song though, it's boring

By this logic every song has to make sense through the MV

MTWBT featured her watching boys, but also featured a load of scenes of chicks swimming and staring at eachother in a pool, so how was that the exploring the song through visuals?

HBTB was just her the whole time, even though she was talking about a guy through most of it, but no guy in the video, nor was she getting high even though that was basically the song

Just because the MV is as you see, an extension of exploring the song, doesn't mean it's therefore not able to be criticized, because overall it was still boring, the story element linking the song with young teens in love still didn't make it less boring, seeing it now it's easy to say /why/ she's doing it, but doesn't make it less uninteresting because there was a slight link to the song in doing it

She can sing a song but still just have it be her in an MV :crossed:

I never said you can't critisize it, i just dont think her being alone in all her videos is important thats all.

The video reminded me of Lana's evolution. There was a part where the kids are in the car, and the car/lighting looks almost identical to an older photoshoot of Lana's from BTD era. The MV opens up with the B&W singer shot, much like National Anthem did, and I just connected a lot of things in the MV which I felt were put there on purpose FOR the fans to make connections to (but maybe I'm delusional)

i mean you have a point, but even if there was nobody else in the video but lana in the scenes, random streets and coffee shops with flying cars in space doesnt "scream lana"

thats like, the least "lana" thing i could think of for a music video from her

but this could just be because lana almost never writes songs where the stories arent about her

So shes never supposed to try anything new?

Shes just supposed to smoke and eat cherry pies in her videos till the day shes dead?

Vintage cars are totally Lana btw, so not sure why the cars are an issue for you.

I never said you can't critisize it, i just dont think her being alone in all her videos is important thats all.

Nah I know you didn't I was just sayin' 

I'm not pushing for her to be alone, but i'm putting forward the point that i'm bored of how over time she appears less in her own MV's

Personally I don't watch them for the story, MV stories are never particularly interesting, I watch them for Lana and to see video footage of her

So i'd prefer to see less close ups of random faces not really doing much because the MV ratio seemed to be like 30:70 lana / other random shots

So shes never supposed to try anything new?

Shes just supposed to smoke and eat cherry pies in her videos till the day shes dead?

Vintage cars are totally Lana btw, so not sure why the cars are an issue for you.

no. she tried a new style in the high by the beach mv that she hadnt done before (including that the video had nothing to do with the story) and it still turned out to be a great music video.

for some reason i just dont feel as great about this one. thats all

pNjWdpc.png

Nah I know you didn't I was just sayin' 

I'm not pushing for her to be alone, but i'm putting forward the point that i'm bored of how over time she appears less in her own MV's

Personally I don't watch them for the story, MV stories are never particularly interesting, I watch them for Lana and to see video footage of her

So i'd prefer to see less close ups of random faces not really doing much because the MV ratio seemed to be like 30:70 lana / other random shots

I actually believe she didn't want to be in the MV that much because the song is not personal to her at all. Unlike her previous work she seems very light-hearted (dare I say disconnected? Not in a bad way though) about the record.