Say Yes to Heaven

Music Video Premiere: "Love"

just wow, i can't believe how good this vide is. i was so used to random lq music videos that this one was a revelation. it's simply iconic, she looks amazing and all the young vintage kids are adorable. and i love the special effects. QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNN

The more I listen to the song, and now with the video, the more I think this is one of her finest achievements since Ride. Also her most 'likeable' (to the general public) and may well 're-brand' the old image many people have of her.

There's a lightness and airiness and joy about this era already that is like an antidote to the ugliness of 2016 and the feelings of unease and disgust that the rise of Trump and the alt-right have stirred up.

Also, listening to the song while high is like a religious experience  ;)

I really love the space and desert aesthetic. Seriously beautiful. Video was gorgeous. Kinda wish she was in it more and more of the main focus, but I understand why she's not. Also, does anyone think it seems overly happy? It's so weird to see her smile so much and be so upbeat and hopeful. What if this is representing her being overly hopeful and naive, and then it all comes crashing down and the rest of the album is super dark?

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I really love the space and desert aesthetic. Seriously beautiful. Video was gorgeous. Kinda wish she was in it more and more of the main focus, but I understand why she's not. Also, does anyone think it seems overly happy? It's so weird to see her smile so much and be so upbeat and hopeful. What if this is representing her being overly hopeful and naive, and then it all comes crashing down and the rest of the album is super dark?

Actually I'd like that... (But I doubt it will happen)

To be honest the song still hasn't grown on me too much. I like it but it's not blowing my mind. 

But the video: WOW. It's so beautiful, especially the space scenarios. 

During the first minute or so I thought it erred on the side of unintentional self-parody because the whole "young people seen through a vintage/nostalgia/super 8-aesthethic" has become somewhat trite, but then she threw me for a space loop and made everything interesting again.

Queen of innovation and keeping her aesthethic fresh. This is why Instagram hipsters all over the world copy: She's always a step ahead  :lanahairflip:

This is what I said about it on Facebook:

This music video is so good! I might even say it's perfect. One thing I love about Lana Del Rey is that she can make it sound like she's singing right into your ear. In terms of the "amount" of character her voice has, I would put her in the same category as, say, Leonard Cohen or Stevie Nicks, so I love that her voice is so less processed in this song than in many of her other recent tracks. I love the idea that music and/or being In Love can metaphorically transport you to outer space. In general, I love her over-the-top earnestness and her iconic imagery. There's a reason her fans (me included) call her "Queen."

"Atheism is not a religion. I know that because I am an atheist and my religion is Lana Del Rey!"

Yeah. I agree with a lot of what you said here, but I felt like listening to it sober was a religious experience ;D

Yeah, I talked about the space imagery. That's definitely how it felt to see her live. <3___<3

"Atheism is not a religion. I know that because I am an atheist and my religion is Lana Del Rey!"

This is what I said about it on Facebook:

This music video is so good! I might even say it's perfect. One thing I love about Lana Del Rey is that she can make it sound like she's singing right into your ear. In terms of the "amount" of character her voice has, I would put her in the same category as, say, Leonard Cohen or Stevie Nicks, so I love that her voice is so less processed in this song than in many of her other recent tracks. I love the idea that music and/or being In Love can metaphorically transport you to outer space. In general, I love her over-the-top earnestness and her iconic imagery. There's a reason her fans (me included) call her "Queen."

Totally agree. I was thinking this morning (listening for the umpteenth time) that what sets her apart from her assumed 'contemporaries' (Taylor, Katy, Gaga etc) is the masterful way she uses her voice - she's not scared of restraint, at a time when so many female pop voices are really forceful and aggressive, like they're straining for you to pay attention. Lana has this incredible control and flexibility in her voice that creates the story in between the lyrics.

I dunno if that makes sense, but I'm just so happy with 'Love'  :)

Tbh when I first heard the video had space theme I was so worried I thought it was going to be terrible. I thought we was going to get a really tacky looking video with awful CGI, but I'm so suprised at how beautiful it all looked. The colours and the vintage feel was so pretty! I feel like the visuals are so aesthetically pleasing! :omg:

s-be18bcd9e81764b8ffe6979bdf3994c544ee54

Tbh when I first heard the video had space theme I was so worried I thought it was going to be terrible. I thought we was going to get a really tacky looking video with awful CGI, but I'm so suprised at how beautiful it all looked. The colours and the vintage feel was so pretty! I feel like the visuals are so aesthetically pleasing! :omg:

The CGI didn't look extremely fake right, I think the vid was very high budget

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m