Say Yes to Heaven

Music Video Premiere: "Love"

was i talking to you? :lanasrs2: I can have an opinion, and it's my opinion. I quoted another member, not you :lanahairflip3:

You don't have to be so bitter darling. I mean I can have an opinion too right then? Well then I think that you're being annoying & that nobody will want you unless you shut that little trap of yours Missy. Now much love to you boo! Have a wonderful day! :kiss2:

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Omg seriously can you shut the actual fvck up about there being no gays in the video.

We had to sit through over a year of drought with Lana and now that she's finally back (and happier than ever) you guys complain about something so fckn stupid. Get over it - we do not have to be represented in EVERY SINGLE THING

FzytWEW.png

That's interesting. Why was that picture used? This had to be Lana's idea I guess.

This thread goes into more detail than I ever could about possible connections between the Source Family and Ultraviolence. I don't necessarily agree with all the connections drawn, but it's an interesting read and particularly to do with the aesthetic connections/references, especially for photos like https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp15PO3IUAANSYF.jpg

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

You don't have to be so bitter darling. I mean I can have an opinion too right then? Well then I think that you're being annoying & that nobody will want you unless you shut that little trap of yours Missy. Now much love to you boo! Have a wonderful day! :kiss2:

Who's bitter again   :bye2:

Omg seriously can you shut the actual fvck up about there being no gays in the video.

We had to sit through over a year of drought with Lana and now that she's finally back (and happier than ever) you guys complain about something so fckn stupid. Get over it - we do not have to be represented in EVERY SINGLE THING

this ^^^

Honestly... if you want to see gays kissing then listen to an artist that writes music about gay experiences. Lana is (presumably) completely straight and sings about her experience with men so why would anyone expect a video of hers to be referencing a gay couple?

I know this video is about her fans and all, but the song has absolutely nothing to do with sexuality so I don't even know how these sorts of comments are relevant.

Just shut up and enjoy the video everyone and stop finding the most minuscule of things to complain about!  :toofunny:

I agree there is a gay diversity issue for the video, if you consider the video as a missed opportunity for some kind of activism for that. Maybe she thought she covered it elsewhere (MTWBT and SS?), or more weirdly, maybe she is targeting a middle America archetype for subversion (the type that elected Trump?), and not something intentionally representative of the LDR fanbase (i.e. not preaching to the choir?). Or maybe using actual friends in the video (which I learned from her live stream) put constraints on her. But while there are definitely hetero couples out in the open, some female/female couples might have been referred to *covertly* (e.g., 3:16-3:18  and 4:09?). Finally, given some speculations on Chuck's sexual orientation and LDR's likely previewing it to her, under some assumptions, Chuck might have said something similar about diversity, so the absence of (very explicit) diversity does seem intentional in some sense, but not in a contra gay sense. It seems more like not wanting to appear preachy about something the video is not specifically about (and not wanting to put overally conservative--aka morbid--people on guard).

The video's more into people being reflective and going "somewhere" and having a good time, perhaps with her usual ambivalence thrown in (that is walking in Venice Beach that's pleasant, but also driving into the sun? frolicking in a lake, but also watching meteors hit the earth?). However, I do think the overall message is reassurance. As for the song, l like that it goes back to pop Lana a bit (i.e., before Born to Die), but a gun sound effect (cocking a rifle?) is always going to seem a little strange given its context. I mean it sounds cool, but is that the only reason it's there? Maybe there will be dark stuff on the album too. There was also a Fine China remix that was briefly available on youtube that used an actual gunshot effect; it was taken down. While probably not a legitimate version of that song, I agree with others who have suggested that some version of Fine China would sound very fine on album that has this as a lead single. Eagerly waiting more news.

I don't get why people are acting like she never smiled before. MTWBT, YB ???

Anyway, I love the video the part

And It's enough just to make me go crazy, crazy, crazy It's enough just to make me go crazy, crazy, crazy

makes me wanna fly to space and play in that lake :flutter:

I don't get why people are acting like she never smiled before. MTWBT, YB ???

Anyway, I love the video the part

makes me wanna fly to space and play in that lake :flutter:

shes happy the entire video.

Never happened before.

LOVE Updates:

iTunes: #1 in 10 countries, top 10 in 56 countries. (#4 US - #11 UK)

Youtube: 4.4 Million views in 24 hours. The most for any Lana music video

Spotify: around 3 Million streams Worldwide

The song is doing ok but we really need to work on those spotify streams ! Love didnt even enter Spotify's Top 50

giphy.gif

LOVE Updates:

iTunes: #1 in 10 countries, top 10 in 56 countries. (#4 US - #11 UK)

Youtube: 4.4 Million views in 24 hours. The most for any Lana music video

Spotify: around 3 Million streams Worldwide

The song is doing ok but we really need to work on those spotify streams ! Love didnt even enter Spotify's Top 50

It entered Spotify's top 50 in the US! Just not globally yet

Why are you gays so mad about the lack of a gay couple?? Remember Summertime Sadness MV or was that not enough for you considering it was a lesbian relationship and not a male one?