Sign in to follow this  
Veinsineon

Speculation: Piano Theme, Morricone, & I Talk To Jesus

There's this interview where she spoke about those five Rick Nowels tracks that leaked, where she said some were intended for the album

Source: https://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-55-1220313

I'm convinced she was talking about Hollywood, AFFA, and of course Black Beauty. #TransAm

Maybe she planned on releasing a Paradise style EP for every record?

I don't believe BP was meant for Big Eyes, it's just very sad and personal...

Just because the demo was originally intended to be for the movie doesn't make it any less personal.

For example, I Can Fly and Y&B

A demo is a demonstration of a song, used for and meant to be a reference resource for the final product. So Good is a demo for Summer Bummer. It has changed vocals and the instrumental is slightly different. The West Coast Radio Mix is exactly that, simply a mixed version of the final track. It could’ve been done before or after the final album version was done, but it’s still an alternate mix. Not a demo. The BP leak we have is a demo for what came later. A demo is simply a rough draft, it can be an early acapella or an early piano track. Some like to label acapellas as “acapella version” but it’s still a sort of demo. Labeling a track as an “Acapella Demo” is actually more correct than just a demo or an acapella.

A demo has a definition. There’s no opinions about it, there’s no “to me, a demo is”. A demo is a demo.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Beautiful People intended for Big Eyes was pure BS made up by that fan blog

it wasn't "intended" (as in written for), it was just pitched

she recorded that and the good lyfe at Electric Lady Studios (for the next album/for fun probably) 

and they were among a zip of songs pitched to whoever picked the soundtrack songs @ Big Eyes team 

it wasn't "intended" (as in written for), it was just pitched

she recorded that and the good lyfe at Electric Lady Studios (for the next album/for fun probably)

and they were among a zip of songs pitched to whoever picked the soundtrack songs @ Big Eyes team

Do you know if YtH V3 was from the sessions at Electric Lady?

I agree, that's what I think too. My point is that before anyone knew that Lana would end up reworking the whole album with Dan, this was the finished version of West Coast that was supposed to be on the album, and I refuse to call a produced, mixed and overall finished song a demo (at least in my iTunes library).

TBH I still don't get why they ended up calling it a "radio mix" in the first place. It's not like they took the (final) album version, tweaked the production a bit to make it more GP-friendly and called it a day. It's a completely different version of the song, with different vocals and a different production, so why would you call it a radio mix? The updated versions of Summertime Sadness and Dark Paradise that you heard on the radio, where the songs just god some extra production and some extra "oomph", those are radio mixes, but not the West Coast one. Oh well.

not correct SS and DP radio mixes are literally entirely different productions by rick instead of emile. i guess they went for the emile versions on the album (to make it more coherent? idk) and kept the nowels mix for a later release. additionally they sounds suspiciously similar to previous “demos”/versions which would be kinda random for rick to produce after the album version was already out i doubt they’d hire rick for that.

also the original ss radio mix is literally longer than the album/emile version so..

i76mrxw.png 

not correct SS and DP radio mixes are literally entirely different productions by rick instead of emile. i guess they went for the emile versions on the album (to make it more coherent? idk) and kept the nowels mix for a later release. additionally they sounds suspiciously similar to previous “demos”/versions which would be kinda random for rick to produce after the album version was already out i doubt they’d hire rick for that.

Mess, I always thought both Summertime Sadness and Dark Paradise were co-produced by Emile and Rick, and Rick later did some additional production for the radio mixes. :rip:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

A demo is a demonstration of a song, used for and meant to be a reference resource for the final product. So Good is a demo for Summer Bummer. It has changed vocals and the instrumental is slightly different. The West Coast Radio Mix is exactly that, simply a mixed version of the final track. It could’ve been done before or after the final album version was done, but it’s still an alternate mix. Not a demo. The BP leak we have is a demo for what came later. A demo is simply a rough draft, it can be an early acapella or an early piano track. Some like to label acapellas as “acapella version” but it’s still a sort of demo. Labeling a track as an “Acapella Demo” is actually more correct than just a demo or an acapella.

A demo has a definition. There’s no opinions about it, there’s no “to me, a demo is”. A demo is a demo.

this ain't it sis.........

as I've stated, by that logic, every alternate mix of west coast is a demo considering it was a reference resource for the final product. like it or not, songs have rough skeletons/concepts, different mixes, versions & demos, which are not all the same thing. To state that anything apart from the final is a demo is demeaning to music production. Considering that So Good is literally the same as Summer Bummer just in a different order, not mixed properly, and the vocals weren't touched up, it's an early mix. If you start calling everything a demo, well then damn Disco has like 7 demos by that logic! It makes things unnecessarily messy for no reason, so you can call Lana's acapellas, instrumentals, alt mixes, rough concepts and all demos, but I'm going to stick to my terminology instead of throwing music as a whole into one category.  

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

this ain't it sis.........

as I've stated, by that logic, every alternate mix of west coast is a demo considering it was a reference resource for the final product. like it or not, songs have rough skeletons/concepts, different mixes, versions & demos, which are not all the same thing. To state that anything apart from the final is a demo is demeaning to music production. Considering that So Good is literally the same as Summer Bummer just in a different order, not mixed properly, and the vocals weren't touched up, it's an early mix. If you start calling everything a demo, well then damn Disco has like 7 demos by that logic! It makes things unnecessarily messy for no reason, so you can call Lana's acapellas, instrumentals, alt mixes, rough concepts and all demos, but I'm going to stick to my terminology instead of throwing music as a whole into one category.

Disco has 7 different takes during a session. They can be considered demos because the track was never fully completed or intended to be released. I didn’t say instrumentals or acapellas are demos, are you confused?????????? I meant you could consider acapellas demos if they’re early enough because the idea is to use it to draw from for the final product. You can look this up on google, “What makes a track a demo” I didn’t say EVERY acapella or instrumental counts as a demo. It doesn’t. An instrumental is an instrumental, while an acapella could be a demo depending on what it was used for.

Just because you’re a Lana stan doesn’t make you profecient in music theory and the process of how music is made. So Good is a demo. It’s that simple. The lyrics are even different from the final version. It doesn’t make it an “alt mix” it’s simply a demo. Look up the definition of a “song demo” before you try to “spill tea” on a subject you obviously don’t understand.

I swear, toxic stan culture is to say “IM RIGHT EVEN WHEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE THIS IS MY OPINION AND IM RIGHT SIS BC I SAY SO AND MY OPINION IS SUPERIOR TO FACTS BECAUSE I THINK SO” when it has nothing to do with opinion. This needs to end. And I’m not just trying to call out one person, this goes for every “stan” I’ve met in the pop music scene. There’s always someone who thinks they’re right even if someone else is telling them the truth of a situation and they don’t want to be wrong or admit they’re wrong.

Btw, most early mixes use the same instrumental as the finished version, but it’s not polished, it could be missing certain effects on the vocals or on the instrumental, which isn’t added in yet. So there may be another mix of Venice Bitch where it’s missing some of the effects used on that track. That’s MOST mixes that aren’t intended for release.

A radio mix just simply means it’s a different mix that’s made specifically to be more radio friendly and to get more airplay. Think of it as an advertisement version.

Woah essay over.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

the terminology question always stresses me tbh bc I want to use what's most technically "correct" but I also have solid notions of what's what

basically, for convenience, I call anything a "demo" that's

a) a different version of an officially released track created *prior to* the officially released version (i still classify marginally different in-progress mixes as "early mixes" though, if it's essentially the same as the final product with tiny differences)

b) for tracks that have no official release, i use "demo" to refer to any track that was self-recorded before making it to the studio

as for unreleased songs with multiple studio versions, they just become "version 1/v.1", "version 2/v.2", etc.

not saying this is correct by any means but I think it's a fairly efficient and clear way to organize this stuff

o4qjp4j.png

Disco has 7 different takes during a session. They can be considered demos because the track was never fully completed or intended to be released. I didn’t say instrumentals or acapellas are demos, are you confused?????????? I meant you could consider acapellas demos if they’re early enough because the idea is to use it to draw from for the final product. You can look this up on google, “What makes a track a demo” I didn’t say EVERY acapella or instrumental counts as a demo. It doesn’t. An instrumental is an instrumental, while an acapella could be a demo depending on what it was used for.

Just because you’re a Lana stan doesn’t make you profecient in music theory and the process of how music is made. So Good is a demo. It’s that simple. The lyrics are even different from the final version. It doesn’t make it an “alt mix” it’s simply a demo. Look up the definition of a “song demo” before you try to “spill tea” on a subject you obviously don’t understand.

I swear, toxic stan culture is to say “IM RIGHT EVEN WHEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE THIS IS MY OPINION AND IM RIGHT SIS BC I SAY SO AND MY OPINION IS SUPERIOR TO FACTS BECAUSE I THINK SO” when it has nothing to do with opinion. This needs to end. And I’m not just trying to call out one person, this goes for every “stan” I’ve met in the pop music scene. There’s always someone who thinks they’re right even if someone else is telling them the truth of a situation and they don’t want to be wrong or admit they’re wrong.

Btw, most early mixes use the same instrumental as the finished version, but it’s not polished, it could be missing certain effects on the vocals or on the instrumental, which isn’t added in yet. So there may be another mix of Venice Bitch where it’s missing some of the effects used on that track. That’s MOST mixes that aren’t intended for release.

A radio mix just simply means it’s a different mix that’s made specifically to be more radio friendly and to get more airplay. Think of it as an advertisement version.

Woah essay over.

I didn't know I was speaking to the king of music himself! Pardon moi, Monsieur! Because you're literally coming off as a pretentious twat especially trying to call out a fandom you play into and interact with everyday.

“IM RIGHT EVEN WHEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE THIS IS MY OPINION AND IM RIGHT SIS BC I SAY SO AND MY OPINION IS SUPERIOR TO FACTS BECAUSE I THINK SO”

is literally you right now but, werk bitch. Don't act like you're above it all, you're literally acting like em right now :lolliney:  It's honestly not even worth having a convo boo. You can call Lana farting on a mic a demo, and I will continue calling things whatever the fuck I want, as you do! :umadney: Ain't it great living on earth? There ain't no fucking rules to life! :thumb3:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif