A Beautiful Fool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationIn The Muck And The Mires Of A City
  • Fan Since:National Anthem
  • Time Online: 134d 15h 34m 14s

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:50 PM

A woman has died on Westminster Bridge in central London in what police are treating as a terrorist incident.

A police officer was also stabbed in the nearby Houses of Parliament by an attacker, who was shot by police.
The attacker struck several pedestrians as he drove a car across the bridge, before crashing it into railings.
A doctor at St Thomas' Hospital said a number of other people were hurt - some with "catastrophic" injuries.
Junior doctor Colleen Anderson from St Thomas' said she also said she treated a police officer in his 30s with a head injury, who had been taken to King's College Hospital.

She said the woman had died at the scene.
"There were people across the bridge. There were some with minor injuries, some catastrophic," she added.
"Some had injuries they could walk away from or who have life-changing injuries. There were maybe a dozen [injured]."

MPs said they had heard three or four gunshots and staff inside Parliament were told to stay inside their offices.Commons Leader David Lidington told MPs the "alleged assailant was shot by armed police".
A Downing Street source said Prime Minister Theresa May was safe.The prime minister was seen being ushered into a silver Jaguar car as what sounded like gunfire rang out at Parliament during the incident.

Tom Peck, political editor for the Independent, tweeted: "There was a loud bang. Screams. Commotion. Then the sound of gunshots. Armed police everywhere."

Press Association political editor Andrew Woodcock witnessed the scenes unfolding from his office window overlooking New Palace Yard."I heard shouts and screams from outside and looked out, and there was a group of maybe 40 or 50 people running round the corner from Bridge Street into Parliament Square."They appeared to be running away from something."

"As the group arrived at the Carriage Gates, where policemen are posted at the security entrance, a man suddenly ran out of the crowd and into the yard.
"He seemed to be holding up a long kitchen knife.
"I heard what sounded like shots - I think about three of them - and then the next thing I knew there were two people lying on the ground and others running to help them."Armed police were quickly on the scene and I heard them shouting to people to get out of the yard."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39355940

https://www.theguard...nearby-incident

I don't have words for this :(

mn0xppm0o20oh41wawqa.png

#2 OFFLINE   Amadeus

Amadeus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Time Online: 121d 12h 35m 30s

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:54 PM

that's so sad and surreal. that area is packed with police men i would have never imagined that something can happen there. 

VGEtahY.png

#3 OFFLINE   My Sparrow Blue

My Sparrow Blue

RIP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Time Online: 7d 21h 35m 9s

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:56 PM

So tragic, why do people have to do these things? I hope all the injured people involved recover and are safe. :(

#4 OFFLINE   Arcadia

Arcadia

Let Us Forever Be Starsailors

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,955 posts
  • LocationVenice Beach
  • Fan Since:Nov 2014
  • Time Online: 92d 4h 30m 5s

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

Damn... I hope other people are okay, I can't believe this has happened.
I want that Captain Eddie & Madame Wu kinda love.

#5 OFFLINE   SuperMegaStan

SuperMegaStan

SuperMegaSatan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts
  • Time Online: 85d 3h 44m 48s

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:13 PM

it's also exactly one year after the brussel bombing attack  :facepalm:

hoping everyone's alright.

giphy.gif

#6 OFFLINE   Harlem

Harlem

the speed star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Time Online: 113d 22h 15m 21s

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

It's weird such a small incident is getting so much coverage but the constant stabbings in London which easily take more people every day barely get any coverage

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

#7 OFFLINE   Arcadia

Arcadia

Let Us Forever Be Starsailors

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,955 posts
  • LocationVenice Beach
  • Fan Since:Nov 2014
  • Time Online: 92d 4h 30m 5s

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:44 PM

It's weird such a small incident is getting so much coverage but the constant stabbings in London which easily take more people every day barely get any coverage

Because what happened today is suspected to be terrorism.
I want that Captain Eddie & Madame Wu kinda love.

#8 OFFLINE   expandableclitoris

expandableclitoris

1) go to my profile page

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts
  • Time Online: 15d 7h 16m 48s

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:52 PM

Terrible...

That's indeed weird

But since the media want to associate the idea of terrorism with muslims so bad, I'm not surprised at all

RJekVGn.gif

#9 OFFLINE   surfnoirswing

surfnoirswing

xx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 862 posts
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 11d 21h 1m 27s

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:58 PM

I'm extremely saddened by all these events and I can't imagine the fear and pain of these people but I have to say that I hate how much media coverage these relatively, may I say, "small" attacks get while countries and cities in the eastern world get bombed and are attacked by terrorists daily and are not even slightly talked about.

• Harlem and Hollywood Movie like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users