NamiraWilhelm

What Are You Reading?

Oh my, I totally forgot about this thread :( .

Currently, I'm reading "My Name Is Lucy Barton" by Elizabeth Strout. I have come across really good opinions about it and decided to give it a read. Not exactly my cup of tea but I am enjoying this heartwarming story in a way.

And the wind I know it’s cold

Do you recommend it? I was thinking about reading this book.

I have just started it because I saw the film a few days ago so i can't really tell but the film was incredible so I'm hoping this is just as great x

giphy.gif

"the education of koko" by francine patterson and eugene linden. it was written in 1985 and documents the story of a young female gorilla and her teacher (patterson) who adopted her from zoo captivity and successfully taught her american sign language, making koko the gorilla the first of her species to learn a human language

im super interested in this kind of stuff

pNjWdpc.png

Het geheim van het vermoorde geneuzel (literally: The Mystery of the Murderded Drivel) by Ilja Leonard Pfeijffer

A bunch of essays on poetry in general from a point of view of a rather idiosyncratic poet. I'm sure liking it: not always fully agreeing with this guy but I do feel this book is gonna deepen my understanding of poetry and that is freaking awesome.

And the wind I know it’s cold

The Anatomy of Fascism by Robert O. Paxton & Necessary Illusions by Noam Chomsky because both are so relevant nowadays in the US :icant:

Also going to start rereading Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton after this semester ends because it's such a beautiful story :toofunny: