NamiraWilhelm

What Are You Reading?

Has anybody here heard of The Edge Chronicles? It was one of my – if not the – favourite book series when I was younger, and I just found out that after the three "original" trilogies, they started another one some years ago, so I might start to read that.  :creep:

1fd6447c8afcdd6585028409b5a22d34.jpg

Also, I am currently reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I finished The Bluest Eye and since that had such a bleak ending, I wanted to read something fun.

So now I'm starting 'The Long Way to A Small, Rocky Planet' by Becky Chambers. It's really cute so far!

Blue Melody by Lee Underwood.

It's about 60's folk musician Tim Buckley, the book is written by his close friend and band member. So far it's very good and I'm very close to finishing it. Overall it's a lovely book but has a tragic ending...

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

has anyone read Ishmael by Daniel Quinn? my friend recommended it to me and i haven't started it yet but from what i've heard it sounds really good. if anyone has read it, could you reccomend anything similar?

on my list after that is The Doors Of Perception + Heaven and Hell (Aldous Huxley), We Are All Stardust: Leading Scientists Talk About Their Work, Their Lives, And The Mysteries Of Our Existence (Stefan Klein), The Path: What Chinese Philsophers Can Teach Us About The Good Life (Michael Puett), and The Psychedelic Experience: A Manual Based on the Tibetan Book Of The Dead (Timothy Leary)

don't laugh at me i like this stuff :crossed:

UbsOye5.png

A completely new book in the Witcher series by Andrzej Sapkowski, titled Sezon burz ('Season of Storms').

I'm not really sure what I think of it, except that it's nice to have something new from the series along the amazing computer games.

I know you said that a long time ago. It is worth to read the books? I played the game, and I love it. I am thinking to read the first 2 books. Is it any good?

Anyway I started to read a romantic lemonade story (That is what my mind wanted), but it is so bad, I think I am gonna suffer to read it til the end. But since I payed for it, I will try.

2ikzg5s.png

Bringing back this thread !

I read Giovanni’s Room recently and it was pretty interesting, but very bleak.

Now I’m reading A Little Life (Hanya Yanigahara) so I guess I’m drawn to sad queer literary fiction :eek:

The Sweetness At The Bottom Of The Pie by Alan Bradley

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You