NamiraWilhelm

What Are You Reading?

Post the letter 

Share the fun 

Thinking about him makes me want to fucking die. We all wasted so much time on him. He didn't deserve any of the love and life he sucked out of us. A few of us talk, another of his exes has become a close friend of mine actually. It's so aggravating how much we're alike. She jokes that I was the "newer, upgraded version" :awk:

I hate this man

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I started reading One Day This Pain Will Be Useful To You and it’s... idk

The dialogues are unbearable and the main character is like the typical gay who thinks he’s the shit bc he reads books and disliked people

I really wanna give this a shot but idk I think Shampoo Planet is way better

I started reading One Day This Pain Will Be Useful To You and it’s... idk

The dialogues are unbearable and the main character is like the typical gay who thinks he’s the shit bc he reads books and disliked people

I really wanna give this a shot but idk I think Shampoo Planet is way better

ok i finished it and... idk if i liked it or not.

the dialogues are at times unbearable but i liked the overall feeling of the book, even though the character is sometimes way too obnoxious for his own sake

i kinda wish it was longer. i mean, it's like ladybird, in the sense that there isn't really a story going on, it's rather a very brief look on the life of a teenager before going to college, and i feel like the author could've said way more than he actually did. it doesn't end badly per se, but once you get to the end there's not really a closure to be had with the story. it just... ends. which actually suits the book pretty well 

Just finished The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager! I’ve had the book forever but never read it. Very glad I opened it up on a whim, thoroughly enjoyed. Now about to start Lock Every Door by the same author.

Pale Fire by Nabokov and The Cantos of Ezra Pound

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I just finished On The Road by Jack Kerouac because it's supposed to be a classic or whatever and I wanted to see what the whole beat generation was about. THANK FUCK that painful ordeal is over. Undoubtedly the WORST thing I have ever had the misfortune of reading in my life. I honestly questioned my sanity sometimes and wondered if I just didn't have the attention span to digest it (despite making a real effort this year to read more books and enjoying all of them so far.) So it was really comforting to read so many people leave this book 1 star reviews on goodreads and feel the same way lol. I assumed that the "classic" must have just gone over my head. What a load of rambling nonsense. Anybody else read this? One thing I will say is that I am a more patient and tolerant person walking after reading this straight garbage for nearly 300 pages. Fuck Jack Kerouac.

Moving on to Junky by William S Burroughs 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Halfway through A Discovery of Witches.

My partners mum convinced me to read it. 

I remember when the trailers for the TV show came out I thought it looked pretty good but I was put off by yet again another forbidden romantic union but the witchcraft part remained a big interest to me.

The book is really good and easy to read and it hooks you in so fast. I think this is by far the most interesting depiction of Witches, Vampires and Demons that I've ever come across. Especially demons.

I'll be so keen to watch the TV show after I finish. 

A bunch of Marxist texts:

1. On the Roots of Revisionism

2. A Short History of Labour Conditions Under Industrial Capitalism vol. 3, part 2 - Germany Under Fascism 1933 to the Present Day

3. Selected Works of Lin Biao

giphy.gif

A bunch of Marxist texts:

1. On the Roots of Revisionism

2. A Short History of Labour Conditions Under Industrial Capitalism vol. 3, part 2 - Germany Under Fascism 1933 to the Present Day

3. Selected Works of Lin Biao

Have you read any of Angela Davis' works? She was my introduction to Marxism. I highly suggest Are Prisons Obsolete, Women Class & Race, Freedom Is A Constant Struggle, and The Meaning Of Freedom & Other Difficult Dialogues.

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg